You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Pip

Reg: Feb 11th 2013

Children: 1 Labradoodle, my furry baby

Monday, July 25th 2016, 9:04pm

Hi all, net A is not good with lumps in her food solid finger foods are fine but she doesn't like the mixed consistency.

Aw heather I'm with ashstar, that's awful what does she expect u to say to that its amazing that u r having another baby such a blessing! Please don't let it ruin things for u? How is H doing now?

Thanks ashstar things have calmed down with my mum although I feel I don't trust her the same which is a shame.

Cheenab, r u back at work now how is that going?

Girls stayed overnight with MIL on sat was nice to have a break
They r doing great, crawling around and don't think walking will be far off
xx
Pip :thumbup:

1st IVF Nov 2013 - mmc (blighted ovum)
2nd IVF ICSI sept 2014 - freeze all
Dec2014 FET :BFP: :BFP: it's twins xxx

Reg: Nov 18th 2008

Children: 2 miracle IVF twin girls and 3 miracle surprises!!

What's Up?
Life's hectic but good !!!

Tuesday, July 26th 2016, 12:45pm

Thanks Ashatar. Had a big set to with my parents last night about how my DH and I are able to make our own choices and even if it would not be choice to have so many kids that's fine. My dad asked me where we keeping the baby!!! Needless to say the air is not totally cleared but is better than it was with the clear message of butt out its none of your business.

I know from this site how fortunate we are and maybe appreciate it all the more because of our earlier fertility problems. However this is most definitely our last as not sure my sanity could survive another surprise!!

I do wish I could do something to help everyone here.

The only advice I can give about the work thing is that I keep telling myself I am setting a good example of all my kids that women work and work hard. I also know I wouldn't want to be home all the time and my job enables us to have holidays and treats etc. Try not to beat yourself up.

Pip yes I feel your pain in the mother front. Somehow they seem to forget we are adults. Glad you had a night alone so get a proper break and a lie-in I hope!

How's everyone else keeping xx
Heather

PCOS and Blocked Tubes
1st IVF - Dec 08 BFP
Twins Girls Born August 09 : D
Shock Natural BFP - Oct 12
Baby Girl Born June 13 : D
Shock Natural BFP during DR!! - October 14
Baby Boy Born June 15 : D
Another Shock Natural BFP!
Baby Girl Born January 17 : D
Hmcfeather's Diary of My Brood

Reg: Mar 20th 2013

Thursday, July 28th 2016, 1:50pm

Hi heather, I'm glad you cleared things a bit with your parents. At the end of the day it's none of their business so I hope things settle down with them.

You're right about work. I want to set a good example too and I do like having a bit of time away from the house. I think apart from hating being away from R I just don't really like my job all that much which makes things harder. I travel a lot so constantly am rushing from one place to the next and therefore always exhausted. I'm only working 4 days but they expect me to do the same amount of work as everyone else and never consider that I don't have the same number of hours to do it in!

Pip that's great you had a wee night off. I would love that but feel like I can't ask anyone to mind R at the weekend cos they have him all week while I'm working. I haven't had a single night out this year!

Net, how's the sleep now? R was up 4 times the night before last and I was thinking about you! I was like a zombie yesterday. He's started waking randomly and crying until I go and lift him. Then when I lift him there doesn't really seem to be anything wrong. Wish I knew what was waking him!

Not sure if there's anyone else still on here, but hi to all if there is!
Ashastar

IVF June 2014 :BFN: :tear:
FET Nov 2014 :BFP: smile2

Pip

Friday, July 29th 2016, 8:50pm

Hi ladies how r u all?

Do any of ur LO's have a preference to u or daddy? A is a proper daddies girl which is nice to see but also upsets me a wee bit, I couldn't get her down tonight she was fighting with me getting really worked up, he cuddled her for 2 mins and she is out like a light. O is a bit more of a mummies girl but not as extreme

How is the feeding going for everyone? Both girls r loving their food but I'm really struggling to get milk into them ?o(

Friday, July 29th 2016, 10:29pm

Hi pip,

R is a daddies boy too. He thinks his daddy is hilarious and would follow him around like a wee shadow all day although if he wakes during the night or is ever hurt or unwell it's always me he wants. He plays me up a lot more too though. I think he knows I'm more of a pushover!

R loves his food too. He pretty much eats what we do. I've the same problem with the milk too though. He takes a bottle in the morning but none really in the afternoon and only a few ounces going to bed. I used to stress about it but I think it's ok as long as he is eating a good varied diet. Have you moved the girls onto ordinary cows milk yet? R didn't seem to notice the difference!
Ashastar

Pip

Saturday, July 30th 2016, 6:53am

We only try 2 bottles a day now and even at that lucky if they drink half of each. I haven't changed to cows milk yet the paediatrician said wait until a year after due date, but I may try soon and see if that makes a difference, food wise I'm still trying to keep them eating healthy but some little things are creeping in already as they want a bit of whatever anyone has
xx

Saturday, July 30th 2016, 10:14pm

I'm the same with the food but it's difficult to control what he eats when other people look after him. I send his food with him every day and my mother in law sticks to it but my mum gives him biscuits and things. I think she thinks I'm really strict with his food but I just want the best for him. Because he was premature I'm always conscious of the need to give him good food to build him up. He's a good eater so it's easy to give him healthy stuff. I changed over to the cows milk a few weeks ago with no problems. He only takes about half the bedtime bottle too. I suppose they are eating so much during the day they just don't have room for the milk. Do the girls drink water during the day? I couldn't get R to drink from a cup at all but over the past week he has started to take wee sips of water with his meals.
Ashastar

Pip

Sunday, July 31st 2016, 7:22am

Just over the past couple of weeks they have started drinking the water, I've been giving them a cup for ages and they have just been in laying with it but now they seem to get it, Amelia will point to it and spit her dummy out, she prefers the water to her milk.
I was thinking about when I switch to cows milk switch to a cup as apparently u should try and get them off the bottle, but I'm not sure what kind of cup to use for that
We r the same I give the food every day but quite often they have had something else, sometimes in a good way, mil cooking a home cooked meal and gave them some, other times she has given them pizza and hot dogs lol
xx

Sunday, July 31st 2016, 8:27pm

Lol R had pizza today and thought it was the best thing ever!

Do your girls let you brush their teeth? R wasn't too bad for a while but the last few weeks I can barely get near him with the toothbrush. He just clamps his mouth shut and swipes my hand away. He won't even take the toothbrush himself to chew on it. It's starting to stress me out a bit. I'm picturing him with a load of fillings by the time he's 3 lol! Does anyone have any tips? I've tried brushing my teeth in front of him but he just laughs and then shuts his mouth again!
Ashastar

Net

Reg: Apr 10th 2010

Children: Two beautiful daughtersr - thank you Guys hospital

Sunday, July 31st 2016, 9:53pm

Hey ladies!

Pip / Ashastar I remember the battles with milk and toothbrushing all too well with L! She never really drank any cow's milk In any quantity until she was about 2! Even now she is a terrible drinker - I really have to remind her to drink water all day. Pip I started water in a cheapy tommee Tippee sippy cup then moved onto oxo cups with the built in straws (£8 on Amazon) which L still uses now, they've really lasted well. She loves a straw!

Ashastar we had to literally pin L to the floor to brush her teeth when she was R's age - it used to really upset me. Even now toothbrushing is a bit of a struggle. I took L to the dentist and she just put her hand over her mouth and refused to open it. I must take her again. He just told me to avoid juice at all costs as its the worst for teeth - luckily L only really likes water or milk.

Heather I'm sorry that you've had so much stress from your mum. Glad things have been sorted. When is your due date? Will you find out boy or girl or leave it as a surprise?

Not much going on here. Sleep is still awful - up three times last night. We tried cry it out for two nights and it was a disaster. E got herself so worked up she was almost hyperventilating and I just couldn't listen to the screams anymore so after almost an hour I cracked. It took ten minutes with L! I don't think either E or I are ready for cry it out yet so just hoping things improve as she gets older. She's great at day time naps, just awful at night.
Food is still a struggle. She can't have banana either now which is a pain as everything seems to have banana in it! But she's got such a good appetite and is now almost 9kg! L wasn't that weight until she was almost 2.
She's a really happy baby though which is great - total mummy's girl but that's probably the breastfeeding. L is a daddy's girl for sure unless she's unwell then she asks for me.

Hello anyone else still reading in here!!

Xxx
NET

ICSI Feb 2011-:BFP: m/c
FET Aug11 & Nov 11 - cancelled pre ET
FET May 2012- :BFP:
DD born Feb 2013
FET Feb 2015 :BFP:
DD2 born Nov 2015

MY DIARY

Sunday, July 31st 2016, 11:07pm

Hi net,

That's a nightmare about the sleep! I wonder what wakes her up so much? Do you think it's just a habit she has got into? I really feel for you. It must be hard going. When are you due back to work? She is a great weight! R is just over 9kg at almost 14 months!

I'm trying to not get too bothered by the teeth cleaning and to have a relaxed attitude towards it but it is stressing me. I've considered holding him down and forcing his mouth open but I don't want to create some sort of phobia for the future. I'm hoping that he'll just come round to it if I persist. He's a really good happy wee boy but definitely knows his own mind and won't do anything he doesn't want to! He's never had juice and doesn't get much sugary food so hopefully not much harm done so far. Xx
Ashastar

Onewish

United Kingdom

Reg: Jul 24th 2010

Children: one beautiful daughter at last!

What's Up?
Will we, won't we...?

Monday, August 1st 2016, 7:09pm

I hope you don't mind me butting in on this but I've been having a struggle with DD and teeth brushing as she's so independent and wants to do it herself!

The problem is that she is not doing it properly, so we went to the dentist the other day and a tip they gave me which seems to be working is to put a bit of tooth paste on a cotton bud and wipe it around the base of tooth and gum as its not as intrusive as having your teeth brushed by someone, and they tend to let you do it. Just thought it may be something you could try Ashastar xx

TTC = 10 yrs +
4 ICSI 1 FET
4th ICSI - Gennet Prague BFP!!!!
:girl: shes arrived!!! 1.6.14

My Diary - Onewish's ICSI journey

1 registered user thanked already.

Users who thanked for this post:

Net (02.08.2016)

Monday, August 1st 2016, 9:48pm

Thanks onewish, that's a good tip! Will give that a try tomorrow. Tonight I ended up holding him down and brushing. He cried but it was done so much quicker than any other night. Not keen on making a habit of that though.
Ashastar

Pip

Tuesday, August 2nd 2016, 7:31am

Good idea onewish, feel free to join the chat, great having advice and experience from others. O is a bit more reluctant with the teeth brushing but still opens her mouth so trying not to make a big deal of it

O is also off her food a bit now, I don't know if it's just a wee phase or if she is getting fussier
xx

Wardie

United Kingdom

Reg: Sep 5th 2010

Children: 1 Beautiful Daughter & 1 Gorgeous Son

Tuesday, August 2nd 2016, 9:13am

Hi All

So sorry I have been so distant have had a lot going on & not all good :(

SO good news is that L & D are now legally us so we are all done & dusted and that feels just amazing. I think we have to have 1 more meeting which is basically a goodbye meeting with the social workers. But basically we are free to live our lives with no one interfering.

L is good she was 2 in July and is very independent, we celebrated her birthday a couple of weeks before as we had both christened so had a joint christening & birthday party afterwards it was brilliant, everyone had a great day and the sun was out so even better. D is amazing he is such a contented little boy cannot believe he is 9 months old tomorrow I really do not know where the time has gone. He is so quick at crawling and has a fab appetite. I think he will defo be walking before his 1st birthday, but we have had no teeth yet, everything goes in his mouth and the spit is gross lol!!!!

So in bad news DH & I have split up!!! I am currently living at my mums (back in Surrey), it isn't ideal and we have 50/50 custody of the children. It has been a very tough time but each day seems to be getting better. Thankfully the children are too young to know what is happening - well at least I hope that is the case.

Sorry for no personals, I am always on here checking but no always up for posting. Hope all is well xxx

Oh and Congrats Heather - amazing news xxx

Pip

Tuesday, August 2nd 2016, 11:38am

Oh wardie I am so sorry to hear this, maybe time apart will help sort things out but if not then u know what's best for all of u. Glad kids r doing well and u r right as long as they know u both love them that's the most important thing
xx

Kimbo1982 (02.08.2016)

Net

Tuesday, August 2nd 2016, 4:23pm

Wardie, so sorry to hear this. Do you think that's it forever, or a temporary thing? Xxxx

One wish that's a great tip. Please do join in the chat, more the merrier xxxx

Hi all, E was up 12-1.30 last night with temperature but seems fine today! She threw up her dinner last night too. Hoping it's just teething and nothing worse.
NET

DD born Feb 2013
DD2 born Nov 2015

MY DIARY

Onewish

United Kingdom

What's Up?
Will we, won't we...?

Wednesday, August 3rd 2016, 9:10pm

Evening ladies thanks for letting me join your chat!

Wardie Hun great news that the adoption has all gone through, however I am so sorry to hear such other sad news maybe given time and space you can work things out? Whatever the outcome I only wish you and your family well.

Pip I found that my squish had lots of phases when she was off her food I've never really had to worry as she's always maintained a healthy weight but she's still really good with food and the variety she eats so I hope that will be the case with O too.

Yes Ashastar I had to hold squish down a few times too For teeth brushing and I hated it so this is a much better solution.

Net hope E is ok i really don't know how you survive on so little sleep you poor woman! I hope that gets better for you soon.

Not much to report from me I'm afraid we are definitely going through the terrible twos at the moment and having major meltdown tantrums over every single thing. We had a major wobbly today because I had the audacity to do her trainers up after she asked me to... do her trainers up!!!!! I get really cross with my mum as she looks after while I'm at work because she will give in to her to pacify her and I think that my darling little squish is oh so smart and has my mum very sussed and walks all over her!!! My mum was so strict with us I don't get it!
Xx

TTC = 10 yrs +
4 ICSI 1 FET

sasha146

Reg: Aug 13th 2011

What's Up?
Adoption assessment complete

Wednesday, August 3rd 2016, 9:17pm

Wardie so sorry to hear your terrible news, but congratulations on the adoption finally going ahead that must be an amazing feeling and your kids seem to be doing so so well. I hope you and dh can sort things out.

Hello to everyone else, I don't really post now but check in every couple of days.

Xx
ME 30 DH 37

ICSI Oct 11 :BFP
bab11 July 12
FET Aug 14 BFN
FET Nov 14 BFN
What's next??

Wardie

United Kingdom

Thursday, August 4th 2016, 9:20am

Thanks girls. I honestly don't know what is going to happen. I think it is the end but we are 'trying' and I guess that is all we can do. Our main focus is the children. Part of me thinks that it is just the 'come down' from all the fertility issues we have been through & the crazy roller coaster we have been on that we just need time to take check & think about us as a couple.

Obviously the children are the most important thing here & we wouldn't change them for the world. We just need to rekindle 'us'.

Take care all - check in again soon. xx

2 registered users thanked already.

sasha146 (05.08.2016), hmcfeather (08.08.2016)

What's Up?

Monday, August 8th 2016, 10:20pm

Wardie o am so very sorry to hear about your DH and you. My DH and I went through a terrible time after we had the twins and we split up briefly when they were about 2 years old. We just lost us after the joy of finally having the twins and everything was about them. We decided it give it a go and went for counselling for about 6 months and well we refound each other and well look at where we are now. It was the toughest thing I went through but it did make us stronger in the end.

I hope you can work it through. Whatever happens be kind to yourself and enjoy raising those fabulous kiddies.

Hope everyone else is good. I'm still feeling shocking poor at times but really hoping it settles soon!! Xx
Heather

PCOS and Blocked Tubes
1st IVF - Dec 08 BFP

Pip

Wednesday, August 10th 2016, 9:59pm

Hi ladies how is everyone?
Wardie how r things, hope u r ok

Heather how many weeks r u now? How is H doing?

Net hope girls r good and sleep getting better?

Cheenab, how r u?
Ashstar how is R doing
Onewish, hope u r still with us :-)

We r struggling to get the girls down at night when they have been with MIL don't know if she is letting them sleep too late or feeding them too much sugar, will need to ask her about it. I'm feeling like I don't want to b at work at all just now, struggling to get my job done in my 3 days but don't want to do anymore hours but feel I'm fighting a loosing battle.
Still giving milk in bottles as really don't know what I'm doing, they r drinking water well from the wee basic cups, so don't want to confuse by putting milk in it, but dunno if I should get a different bigger cup for bed time milk. I'm probably over thinking it
xx

Wednesday, August 10th 2016, 10:33pm

Hi all,

Wardie I'm sorry to hear your news. I hope you are ok and maybe with a bit of time apart you will be able to work things out. As you say, you have to do the best for the kids and it sounds like you are doing a great job.

Heather, hope you start to feel better soon. I'm sure you are exhausted.

Net, how is E now? Any improvement with the sleep?

Pip you and I are having very similar struggles. Sleep is a nightmare in our house a lot of the time at the minute and I'm convinced it's to do with R having no proper routine any more. He is with mil 2 days and my mum 2 days and they both do different things with him. The days he is with mil he nearly always wakes during the night. I'm convinced she doesn't let him use up enough energy so he's not tired enough at night. He's really active and always on the go but everytime I pick him up from her house he is sitting in the high chair watching tv! I don't know how to bring it up with her cos I feel like she is doing us a massive favour by looking after him free of charge and I'm scared to rock the boat.

I've been wondering about the milk thing too. I still use bottles in the morning and at bedtime too but to be honest I'm struggling to get him to take much of it so don't think I'll change to a cup yet. He'll take the cup with dinner etc but only wee sips at a time so I don't think he'd take much from it going to bed. My nephew who is 3 still drinks from a bottle going to bed so I wouldn't worry about it lol!

I can really sympathise with the work thing. I do 4 days but they just expect me to do the same amount of work as everyone else who works 5 days. It's so stressful plus I've had to travel over 200 miles twice this week so far for work and it's exhausting especially with R being up at night. I keep pointing out that I'm only part time but they just don't care. When I come home R is really clingy and wants carried about all the time and cries if I leave the room. It makes me feel so incredibly guilty about leaving him. I would love to give it up but no way we could afford for me to do that. I keep hoping it will get easier! Either that or that I win the lottery lol!!
Ashastar

What's Up?

Thursday, August 11th 2016, 1:51pm

Ashatar and Pip sorry you're struggling with work and some sleeping issues. I promise the work thing does get easier and you'll get more used to it. There will always be moments when your LO will say please don't go to work stay with me which is very hard but for me I like the independence working gives me and the money of course!!

I'm about 14+2 and still constantly dry wrenching and sometimes being sick and intermittent awful headaches. Have always felt pretty good by this stage so hoping it gets better soon or when I go for next scan in a week and a bit I'm goons ask for some medication!!

L had a bottle until she was 2 and then we just stopped it one night and that was it. H still takes 3-4 bottles a day along with his food so I'm not stopping. He gets water in cups etc as well but loves his milk.

Wardie thinking of you xx
Heather

PCOS and Blocked Tubes
1st IVF - Dec 08 BFP

cheenab

Reg: May 27th 2009

Children: 3 gorgeous boys Zachary, Finley and Teddy <3

What's Up?
Couldn't be any happier :D

Thursday, August 11th 2016, 2:48pm

Hi ladies,

Wardie I'm so sorry to hear that, brilliant news the adoption has all gone through. Really hoping a little time apart can help you both xx

Ashastar/Pip I'm sorry to hear work isn't too great, would work not let you lighten the load at all?
I'm lucky that my job is only part time so is only a few hours a day.
Net when are you heading back to work?
How is everyone else doing?
For those that can't access the diaries, we got a bfp at the weekend!!
Was a massive shock but finally sinking in, around 6 wks we think have got midwife in a couple of weeks.
It's not feeling very real at the moment, have so many worries and also worrying how judgemental people are going to be.
But on the other hand extremely grateful to be in this position again, and hoping everything works out :)
Z and f are both doing so well. Zacharys last day at nursery next week, then big school time. Finley just wants to be standing all the time but has no coordination at all to even attempt walking haha!!

Hope everyone is doing well xx
FET August 2011-1 Blastocyst onboard :BFP:
Zachary William born on 27/4/12 at 10.12am weighing 6lb 12oz
Shock natural BFP 15/3/15 :faint:
Finley Thomas born on 5/11/15 at 9.39am 7lb 14oz
Another shock natural BFP 6/8/16
Teddy George born on 30/3/17 at 4.34pm 7lb 9oz

What's Up?

Thursday, August 11th 2016, 9:19pm

Oh Cheenab that's fantastic news. Why do you think people will be judgemental? 3 kids is fantastic and so much fun. Having said that info know what you mean. We held off telling my parents for as long as possible and I haven't told my boss yet as she keeps saying now is my time to make real progress career wise and she has been so fantastic with me that I sort of feel like I'm letting her down!! Crazy I know!!

Glad the boys are keeping well. H is 14.5 months now and really big, loves to stand an run when in his walker but there's no chance he's ready to walk. He just has no balance and doesn't really cruise the sofa much. Now climbing that's a different matter. He can make his way up the stairs in seconds!!
Heather

PCOS and Blocked Tubes
1st IVF - Dec 08 BFP

Thursday, August 11th 2016, 10:28pm

Wow cheenab that's amazing! Congratulations! Any person who is negative or judgemental about such lovely news is not worth having in you life so just ignore them. It's nobody else's business.

Heather I'm sorry your still feeling rough. I had that dry wretching with R til about 16 weeks and it was horrible. I hope it passes soon. Don't worry about your boss. There will be plenty of time to progress your career when the kids are a bit older. You are lucky H is still loving milk! R has drank about 8oz max today and I'm a bit worried about it. He wouldn't take any at all going to bed. He is eating really well though and I try to give him a good balanced diet so I hope that's ok. He is 14 months and not walking either. He's going really quick round the furniture though so I'm thinking it won't be long.

I have to say ladies I love hearing about all these natural BFPs! It makes me hopeful that it could happen that way for me too but I doubt it. We got the bill for storage of our last little embryo and I've been talking to DH about having it transferred sometime soon. He's not overly keen though and says he wants to try naturally first. I just feel a bit like we are wasting time that way as it never happened naturally in 7 years so I can't see it happening now. He also won't agree how long we should try naturally before going for more treatment. I'm very conscious of the fact that the chances of success are declining as I'm getting older and as we only have one precious embryo I'd like to give it the best chance. I think everyday how lucky I am to have my little R and if we never have another it won't be the end of the world but I would love for him not to be an only child.

Hope everyone else is doing good. I'm so relieved it's Friday tomorrow. Work has almost killed me this week lol!
Ashastar

Net

Thursday, August 11th 2016, 10:33pm

Hey ladies
Pip/ Ashastar I'm sorry work is so hard at the moment. I go back end November and dreading it in many way ( but also desperate for cash lol!) I hope you both manage to make it all balance but I know how hard it can be xxx

Heather sorry you're feeling so rough, hope it eases off soon. Do gou think you'll find out if it's a boy or girl at the scan?

Cheenab congrats again - how are you feeling? I'm so happy for you. Wow time is flying isn't it, e and f are nine months already. I go back to work end November.

Wardie thinking of you chick X

Jasper, you still about?

It's been a horrid few days here - E was really ill Sunday - Tuesday with a 39.8 temp, sooooo cranky, a rash and congestion. Took her to the GP who just said it was viral. But she's also teething with top teeth coming through so she's just been so bad tempered! I was up pretty much all of Sunday night and Monday night with her ( thank god for the Olympics at 3am!). She's just better today really, still very congested but much happier. L also in a bit of a state as paid for her to have the meningitis B jab so she was quite upset at having an injection bless her. Started a bit of sleep training with E as well as can't be doing with epic battles to get her to sleep anymore. Put her down tonight awake but sleepy. Took a good 20 mins of crying but she got there and hoping I can stay strong and keep going with it! Night time feeds will be a while yet I think but that's fine with me. We're still dairy free here - hoping I can try and have some soon go see how she reacts as I miss it so much!

Hugs to all xxx
NET

DD born Feb 2013
DD2 born Nov 2015

MY DIARY

Thursday, August 11th 2016, 10:38pm

Net we must've posted at the same time. Glad E is a bit better. It's so hard when they're sick. Hope you get some sleep tonight x
Ashastar

Net (12.08.2016)

cheenab

What's Up?

Friday, August 12th 2016, 7:59am

Thank you ladies :)
Feeling ok at the moment, just really tired and my back is killing.
I think I just worrying people will be judgemental because of how close baby has come to F, I can sort of imagine my mums response!! Dp wasn't too happy either at first, I think he's coming round to the idea now but still seems a bit off.
Net sorry to hear E has been unwell, hope she continues to feel better.
F is a bit off with his sleep at the moment too, he keeps grabbing at his ear so I think I should get him up the docs to check them incase he has an infection.
He is also being sooooooo clingy at the moment literally won't let me put him down, if I'm sitting here wants to sit or stand on me, if I even dare go out the room he screams the place down till I go and pick him up and take him with me!!!
He has plenty of little toys that we play with him he just doesn't seem interested!!! ;)

Net

Friday, August 12th 2016, 8:44am

Cheenab E is the same. If I leave the room all k hear is manamamamamamamamaaaaaaa! It's so tiring. When she was ill I literally had to hold her for a whole day!

I hope your mum is ok with the news - I think it's wonderful- I've become all broody again!

Ashastar my eldest hardly drank any milk at all, she never took a bottle, drank small amounts of cow's milk at R's age ( like half a tommee Tippee sippy cup) and had some breastmilk but that was it. She had yoghurt and cheese and milk in cereal too. Try not to stress too much as he's eating well so will be getting calories from that. Easier said than done though I know! I used to stress about L loads.

E seems much brighter today. Slept until 11 last night then up then up again at 12.30 then down until 6 so not awful. Typically L had me up at 4 though as she'd kicked her duvet off and needed a wee. Sigh!

Hope you all have a good day. Off to take L to the dentist. Wish me luck!
NET

DD born Feb 2013
DD2 born Nov 2015

MY DIARY

cheenab

What's Up?

Sunday, August 14th 2016, 9:00pm

Glad she's feeling much better now :)

I'm sure my mum will get used to it, it's just I know what the response will be haha!!
Have got midwife a week on Wednesday, almost 7 weeks now and I really want to book a private scan just to see if all is OK, 12 weeks seems so far away!! But £50 seems a lot of money to throw at a scan when everything seems to be ok so far!! ;)

Hope everyone is doing well xx

Wardie

United Kingdom

Tuesday, August 16th 2016, 9:05am

Huge Congratulations Cheenab that is amazing news! Don't worry what other people think it really is none of their business.

Things with me is much the same, still at my mums etc.

However I have a question that you might be able to help me with:
D in the last week has started waking every 2 hours near enough and drinks LOADS, last night DH said he woke every 2 hours and promptly had 20 ounces through the night! Is this just a growth spurt he is going through? He was always such a good sleeper that this has come as a bit of a shock to the system!! I had a terrible night with D on Sunday night and was exhausted yesterday!!!! Any thoughts or suggestions would be fab!!!!

Sending lots of love to the rest of you and your babies blowkiss

What's Up?

Friday, August 19th 2016, 11:47am

Sorry Wardie realised I didn't reply to your query. Hopefully he's settled by now but yes I'd say it's prob a growth spurt. It is a killer when they have been sleeping to suddenly waking up loads again but he should settle back down soon xx
Heather

PCOS and Blocked Tubes
1st IVF - Dec 08 BFP

Jasper

Reg: Feb 5th 2009

Children: A boy and girl - ICSI and a natural miracle!

What's Up?
soooooo happy!!!!!!

Friday, August 19th 2016, 9:28pm

Omg Cheenab that's amazing news!!! I have to admit a few ppl made silly comments when I announced my 3rd pregnancy but it was all about the size of our house and car! Yeah it's a squeeze but we manage!!!
All good with us. J has 8 teeth and is just such a happy smiley boy! Sri can't believe how far we have come sleep wise. He consistently sleeps through the night in his own room after spending the first 4-5 months on our bed permanently breastfeeding!

Jaspers Journey-My Diary

Feb 15 Shock BFP (8 o)

Pip

Tuesday, August 23rd 2016, 8:23am

Hi ladies how is everyone?
Wardie has d settled down any?
Olivia is going through a stage of finding it really difficult to fall asleep she is shattered but is climbing up to standing up in her cot and we need to keep lying her down she gets all worked up its taking her ages to get to sleep

DH has siataca now so he is not being much help, both girls had hand foot and mouth last week which put them right off their food which always worries me as they r still so small

Ashstar net cheenab heather I hope things r good with u and LO's

We still haven't swapped to cows milk, any tips for the swap?
xx

Tuesday, August 23rd 2016, 3:34pm

Hi pip,

Hope your DH gets better soon and can help out more. Are the girls ok now? I know what you mean about worrying when they are off their food. I always worry about R getting enough too although I think he is catching up quite well now. He seems to get bigger by the day! Your girls are great on their feet! I've been trying to get R to push a wee walker along but he just gets down on his knees and pushes it. He walks really well holding our hands or the furniture but he won't do it by himself. I'm starting to get a bit stressed about it because he also walks on his toes a lot. I dunno if I should be speaking to the health visitor about it or if it is normal.

R went through that phase of standing up in the cot all the time too. I was constantly going in and lying him down but he was just getting up again and crying so in the end I started ignoring him and then he started just lying down himself and going to sleep. Have you tried just leaving her to it to see what happens?

With the milk I just changed over one bottle a day to cows milk and then gradually introduced more and more until he wasn't getting any formula anymore. The hv told me to mix cows milk with formula to get him used to the taste but I thought that sounded disgusting so I just tried him with the milk and he took it. Maybe you could try giving them a wee bit of cows milk in a cup with their dinner first to see if they notice the difference?

Hope everyone else is ok. Cheenab how is F now? How are you feeling?
Ashastar

What's Up?

Tuesday, August 23rd 2016, 3:59pm

Ashatar nearly all babies stand on their tip toes to start so it's nothing to worry about. H had his 1year assessment last week at 14.5 months and he is not walking yet or really cruising furniture. HV said as long as he can pull himself up to standing there is nothing to worry about. They all progress at different rates so try not to worry.

Pip I literally just stopped at 12 months giving formula and switched to cows milk and as long as it's heated he takes as much or more milk now than before. I think most bottle fed babies switch ok.

We had another scan yesterday so am 15+6 days and all looks good with bambino. DH still wants to find out what we're having and I want a surprise but we will see!! Doesn't matter to me either way. Would be nice for H to have a bro to play with but I've got clothes for both flavours so really doesn't matter to me!!

Hope everyone else is good xx
Heather

PCOS and Blocked Tubes
1st IVF - Dec 08 BFP

Tuesday, August 23rd 2016, 10:01pm

Thanks heather, that's reassuring. I think R is about a week younger than H so makes me feel better that he isn't walking either lol. I was worried about the toe walking because I read online that it's a sign of cerebral palsy which premature babies are more at risk of. I know I'm being ridiculous really though cos he's really strong and cruises round the furniture at top speed! I'm sure he will walk soon. My mum said I didn't walk until I was 16 months so maybe he will be the same. That's great that your scan went well. Almost 16 weeks already! I think it's nice to have the surprise so I would wait to find out. At least you won't have too much stuff to buy for this one!
Ashastar

Net

Tuesday, August 23rd 2016, 10:11pm

Hey ladies

Wardie how's the sleep?

Ashastar I just gave cow's milk from a year but I was breastfeeding - she took to it fine. I'm sure R will be walking before you know it!

Pip, E does the whole standing in the cot thing too. Last night she was screaming and screaming then suddenly went quiet. She'd fallen asleep standing up with her head squashed against the cot bars! Normally if I ignore her she lays down and goes to sleep. Have you tried leaving her?

Heather so exciting! Cannot believe you're almost 16 weeks already. Have you told your girls? Are they excited?

Cheenab how are you?

Jasper good to hear from you! Hope you're well

Hi everyone else

Not much to report here - sleep still a real challenge but she's making some small improvements - we're doing sleep training so a bit of cry it out ( so hard), and ahes now settling herself to sleep although it can take a little time some nights. We've had a couple of nights where she's slept 6 hour stretches which is a huge improvement. It's sloooooooooo hot here tonight though I reckon she'll be up a lot ( just feeding her now). Still dairy free but I'm trialing a bit of milk in my diet now to see if she's sensitive to me having it. I cannot wait to have cheese again! And chocolate!
She's now well and truly sofa surfing and crawling up on her feet and hands with her bum in the air. So funny to watch. X
NET

DD born Feb 2013
DD2 born Nov 2015

MY DIARY

What's Up?

Sunday, August 28th 2016, 8:37pm

They are funny little beings aren't they.

Net glad there is some progress, albeit small, and I really hope it continues in the right direction.
I always say the hard work begins when they are mobile. At least when they're tiny you can leave them for a few mins to go to the toilet and know they'll be there when you come back!!

I turned round last night to find H standing up in his high chair as pleased as punch with himself. I hadn't been putting the straps on as until then he was more than happy to just sit and eat or throw his food around! Such a little monkey but totally handsome with his blonde curly hair :-)

Struggling a little at the mo. Finding my tummy quite sore and by end of the day I'm really sore and tired. I know the answer is to rest more but realistically it's not gonna happen anytime soon xx
Heather

PCOS and Blocked Tubes
1st IVF - Dec 08 BFP

Jasper

What's Up?
soooooo happy!!!!!!

Monday, August 29th 2016, 1:41pm

Net sorry to hear sleep is a challenge. J has been great but last 2 nights he's been wide awake for a period of time for no reason. He can self settle during the night but getting him down for the night is hard and he still sleeps downstairs in the evening as he wakes so much. We put him in pushchair and rck it if he stirs. By about 9.30 he's gone for the night though and we usually don't hear anything til about 6.30.

Heather just restwhen you can but life goes on doesn't it! Especially with so many little ones!!!

BF has come to an end. We were down to 1 feed a day which we missed for one reason or another and it didn't bother either of us! I'm enjoying wearing a decent bra and dresses!!! He's still having more than the recommended amount of formula per day but I will just avoid the HV and her scales!!!!

This probably sounds mad but I'm a stay at home mum and have been for 3 years but I feel jealous of my new baby friends going back to work! I've started looking for a very part time job and trying to work out if I can do it with the responsibilityof school runs and holidays etc. I really hope I can as I know I would enjoy being me again much as I love and appreciate being at home.

J is having a nap and I have been sat in the garden but I can't take the heat so will chill on the sofa for a while!!!

Jaspers Journey-My Diary

Feb 15 Shock BFP (8 o)

Pip

Tuesday, August 30th 2016, 4:15pm

Hi ladies, how is everyone?
Heather sorry to hear u r feeling rough, must b hard to find time to rest with ur busy job and other babies

Sometimes a part time job can b good jasper a bit of time to b u away from home.
Hi net how is sleep going?
We r still having problems getting Olivia to sleep she just gets hysterical if I leave her and I can't get Amelia to bed until she stops. So still having to lie with her in my bed then carry her through asleep
DH back a bit better although he hasn't really stepped back up yet so waiting on that.

Can't get the girls to drink cows milk at all they just won't do it so still on formula don't know what to do, I've tried doing half formula bit that's no good either.

Ashstar cheenab, wardie and onewish hope u r all well hope I've not forgotten anyone
xx

Onewish

United Kingdom

What's Up?
Will we, won't we...?

Tuesday, August 30th 2016, 7:26pm

Hi ladies I hope that you are all well.

Heather hope you feel a bit better soon.

I agree Jasper a little part time job can be just what you need to keep your identity I hope something suitable comes up.

Pip have you tried warming the milk, then slowly reduce the temperature? Apologies if Im covering old ground.

Well I am having problems with squish going through the the terrible two's she has such major tantrums over everything!! I really hope that it's just a phase because she has become quite unpleasant!!! I kid you not! I love her dearly but I have actually walked away from her in asda tutting very loudly and saying "you really must learn to control your child" whilst I was with my sister because I felt so out of control! We had a laugh about it but I really imagined I would have a well behaved Angel and I was wrong! Sometimes I just don't know what to do with her.

Anyway apologies for my little rant and hello to everyone else.

Xx

TTC = 10 yrs +
4 ICSI 1 FET

Pip

Tuesday, August 30th 2016, 9:33pm

Aw onewish that did make me laugh, I'm sure they all act up in public at points. I don't really have any advice just sympathy and dread as I know it will b coming to me lol.

I have tried warming it a bit but no luck, I might just wait a week or so and try again as I don't want them not drinking any milk they r still small so need the calories from it

xx

Net

Wednesday, August 31st 2016, 8:03pm

Hey all

Jasper, J is so gorgeous - looks super smiley on FB! How is the sleeping now? Good that he's generally so good now at night. I'm still waiting for that time for me lol! We're still breastfeeding, E is a boob monster and can't have dairy formula so I'm a bit stuck really, but she's down to four/ five feeds a day so not too awful really. The part time job sounds like a great idea to me.

Pip, I wouldn't worry too much about the cow's milk, perhaps try again in a few weeks? Sorry O is still hard to get down to sleep. E is the same. I've just had to leave her to it and I must say, after a week or so the crying has reduced massively. We only get a minute or so now most nights. She's still up every night though lol!

Hiya one wish, that also made me laugh! What sort of things is she doing? I think I was blessed with my eldest as she was a pretty good toddler, and we by and large avoided the terrible twos. She went through about a week of biting and kicking and that was it. Mind you she has become a total threenager! She's worse now than she was then. I'm dreading it with my youngest as she is sooooo feisty already and she's on,y 10 months! Have you tried just ignoring the bad behaviour ( where you can.,) and really praising the good? The naughty step works well with my eldest, she's scared of it so just the threat makes her consider her behaviour.

Heather how are you feeling? Hope you can get some rest?

Wardie, Ashastar, Sasha, Cheenab how are you all?

Well not much to report here. E is now standing unaided for a few seconds, she's soooo bolshy it's unreal, never stops moving and into everything. I cannot take my eyes off her for a millisecond! Food is still a trial though, she eats loads, but we are still very much in purée territory. She gagged and threw up mashed potato the other night! So we are sticking to purée with some finger foods but ones that dissolve. She loves her food though and is still on the 75th centile, she's now 9kg. Sleep still tough, she goes down ok now but still wakes twice a night, every night. She has a feed then usually back to sleep again and wakes between 5.30 and 6.30. I'd just love to sleep more than 4 hours in a row! My eye bags have eye bags. We are still in the midst of building but the end is in sight and the flooring is almost finished now so no more bare dusty floorboards. Cannot wait for it all to be done so it's safe for her to crawl. All she wants to do mind you is Ho up the stairs or put her hands in the dog's water bowl!

Hope everyone is well xxx
NET

DD born Feb 2013
DD2 born Nov 2015

MY DIARY

Onewish

United Kingdom

What's Up?
Will we, won't we...?

Thursday, September 1st 2016, 9:54pm

Hi everyone!

Net, does E always have a feed when she wakes in the night, do you think that's what she is waking for? Maybe if you gave her water instead she would stop waking up... I know I have only just joined this thread so this may well be something you've discussed or tried previously so feel free to tell me to shut up I will not be offended!

When squish is naughty we make her sit on her bottom wherever she may be and will not interact with her. She doesn't like this and does weigh up the pros and cons but unfortunately She makes the wrong choice every time . She is very defiant saying no to everything and spitting which I despise!!! She also likes to try and scratch your eyes out if she's really cross. If you ask her to do something she simply just says no and then when you try to be strict she goes into meltdown and spit kick and scream. She is VERY loud!!! I try sooo hard to be like the mums on the telly that remain really calm and reasonable but I will let you into a secret... I fail on a daily basis!

I think you are right though the spitting she does to get a reaction so when I have ignored it in the past it has reduced I just wish i didn't hate it so much and then I would find it easier. I just feel so out of control when she does all of this in public, she was the perfect little baby!!

Maybe Pip, you will also be lucky like Net and have children that can be let out in public, so don't let the fear set in just yet! X

TTC = 10 yrs +
4 ICSI 1 FET

Pip (02.09.2016)

What's Up?

Thursday, September 8th 2016, 1:20pm

Hi everyone,

Is anyone having a few problems accessing diaries? Won't let me in!!

Hope you're all well.

OW I understand the difficulties in ignoring the bad behaviour. I find it very hard when we are out in public as I would hate if people thought I was a parent who doesn't care about bad behaviour but it definitely works for some of the more disgusting habits our LOs get into!!

Been having a few rough days tbh. Finding it pretty hard going this pregnancy. I know not getting a break isn't helping but just bump just constantly feels so heavy and uncomfortable and we are only 18 weeks along!! The elusive 2nd tri bloom hasn't bloomed yet. My DH isn't great mentally at the tho so he's not much support at the minute. Sorry for the moan. Hormones are all over the place I guess and am feeling a bit sort for myself!!
Heather

PCOS and Blocked Tubes
1st IVF - Dec 08 BFP

Net

Sunday, September 11th 2016, 10:38pm

Hi all

OW that is hard - it's so difficult to ignore the bad behaviour when it's like that. Hopefully it's a phase and she'll get through it and onto the next challenge soon! Sorry that's not very helpful. My LO tests the boundaries quote a bit but seems to do most of it at home ( for now lol!)

Heather I'm sorry you're finding this pregnancy tough going - do hope you get some chance to rest. Hard with other kids though I know. When do your finish with? I can access the diaries ok

Hello everyone - so quiet on here, I think we're keeping this forum going single handedly! So sad, the cycle chats used to be so busy. Don't really understand why it's so quiet on here these days. Maybe because the old forum moderators etc have all gone - anyone know why that is?

Not much going on here. E is now standing unaided for a few seconds at a time, still not sleeping well ( OW no I haven't tried water, I'ce got myself in a right pickle really as she kicks off massively if I don't feed her at night - but I'm just too tired to go through the nights I know I need to to give her water and deal with the consequences of not feeding her. Need to psych myself up for it. Can't believe she's 10 months already - where has the time gone.

Cheenab, jasper, Wardie, pip, Ashastar hello, do hope you're all doing ok xxx
NET

DD born Feb 2013
DD2 born Nov 2015

MY DIARY

Jasper

What's Up?
soooooo happy!!!!!!

Monday, September 12th 2016, 9:57am

Net you must be exhausted. But I'm the same I like quick wins at night, whatever means I get back to sleep quickly. Well done on the BF. I stopped a couple of weeks bk. We went to the cinema yesterday and it was times like that I would rely on it to keep him quiet but he was fine.
I know what you mean about the site being quiet. It was my lifeline during treatment.
Heather I hope things are getting easier for you. X
DD is starting school tomorrow. I feel really anxious about it but luckily she is Sooo excited. I just hope it lives up to her expectations!

Had quite a stressful week last week. My mum was taken to hospital with a suspected heart attack but luckily she was fine. She was supposed to b coming with me to collect DS from school but didn't turn up so I knew something was up. Was really annoyed with my dad for not calling me in the morning when it happened! He didn't want to worry me!
I had to contact the police last week as o noticed a man taking pics of other ppl children at swimming lessons. I've been losing sleep over this as I feel sick thinking about him but on the other hand what if I am wrong?! Although I am 99% sure that's what he was doing. Dreading lessons this week but I'll n watching him like a hawk. What he was doing is illegal but the police will chk him out and c what else they find. I'm tempted to cancel lessons as I don't want my children near him. Such a dilemma.
On a lighter note I had a great night out with friends at the weekend and drunk my cares away!!!

Hope u r all well xx

Jaspers Journey-My Diary

Feb 15 Shock BFP (8 o)

Net (12.09.2016)

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE