You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

cheenab

Reg: May 27th 2009

Children: 3 gorgeous boys Zachary, Finley and Teddy <3

What's Up?
Couldn't be any happier :D

Thursday, March 9th 2017, 9:25pm

Fab news Ashastar :D

We have a poorly household again, Z has chicken pox and F has an awful cough.. he almost sounds like a duck when he's coughing, a quick Google brought up croup but that says Barking, he definitely doesn't sound like that, just duck like ;)
I have an awful chesty cough too, and feeling so run down diabetes nurse has upped my medication as struggling to keep numbers down although I'm being so strict on my diet, that and being back and forth the hospital all the time is really draining I'm just sooooooo shattered all the time!!
Sorry for the whinge there ;)
Hope everyone is doing well?
Not sure if I updated on here but section booked for the 30th... scary!!! 3 weeks today!!

Oh and ladies Z is almost 5 and still in some 1.5/2 clothes ;) F is in 12/18 they will be sharing soon rotf
FET August 2011-1 Blastocyst onboard :BFP:
Zachary William born on 27/4/12 at 10.12am weighing 6lb 12oz
Shock natural BFP 15/3/15 :faint:
Finley Thomas born on 5/11/15 at 9.39am 7lb 14oz
Another shock natural BFP 6/8/16
Teddy George born on 30/3/17 at 4.34pm 7lb 9oz

Pip

Reg: Feb 11th 2013

Children: 1 Labradoodle, my furry baby

Thursday, March 9th 2017, 9:39pm

Oh that's funny cheenab re the clothes sizes maybe I should just lighten up over it lol
3 weeks till new baby wow that seems so fast, but maybe not for u lol sorry to hear about the diabetes it must be tough trying to control

Heather that's rubbish re your promotion u deserve it, but I know what u mean about sometimes the complaining doesn't actually get u anywhere, when r u due back? Could u wait till nearer then, is it likely that another post would come up in that time frame?
Must have been so scary re P being not well, it just shows how quickly things can happen
Wardie I hope things have settled down for u
Jasper how r things?

Had a bit of a run in with my mum this week, she has been a great help with the girls, but she was looking after them while I was at work they were under the weather, she had phoned me a bit stressed out with it and then I couldn't get her to answer the phone again all afternoon so I ended up having a go about how she needs to answer phone, then she says I'm on her back too much asking her too many questions so now I feel bad for upsetting her and think it might be my own issues about wanting to control everything :S
xx
Pip :thumbup:

1st IVF Nov 2013 - mmc (blighted ovum)
2nd IVF ICSI sept 2014 - freeze all
Dec2014 FET :BFP: :BFP: it's twins xxx

Net

Reg: Apr 10th 2010

Children: Two beautiful daughtersr - thank you Guys hospital

Friday, March 10th 2017, 7:09am

Go for the job! I didn't take a job I was offered about 6 months before my FEt with E because I was worried about what they would think about me going on maternity leave and have always regretted it. Go for it!

I'll be back later to have a proper read of all the updates xxx
NET

ICSI Feb 2011-:BFP: m/c
FET Aug11 & Nov 11 - cancelled pre ET
FET May 2012- :BFP:
DD born Feb 2013
FET Feb 2015 :BFP:
DD2 born Nov 2015

MY DIARY

Net

Friday, March 10th 2017, 11:02pm

So I didn't read the post properly did it lol. Congratulations on the new job!! Hope R is on the m bed soon. My eldest has always eaten like a little bird, she's a real grazer. Drives me crazy. She's still in age 3 clothes sometimes and she's 4 now. Her little sister I think will have the opposite problem as she never stops eating!!

Heather how scary - I hope P is better now? Sorry you had to go through that. And sorry about your job. It's so hard being a working mum or being on maternity - I hope you get the promotion x

Cheenab hope Z isn't too miserable with the pox and that F is better soon too. Not long to go!!

Pip sorry to hear about the run in with your mum. It's just hard with family I think - with nursery it's not personal if you need to complain etc. Hope you and your mum make it up soon

Jasper any extension news? How is J's sleeping?

Wardie how are you?

One wish are you still reading? Hope squish is well

Illness is sort of better here thank you all for asking! L has a cold and E too but nothing major. Just praying L stays healthy now for her operation next Friday. E is testing me lately with her screaming tantrums but she's also really developing her language and personality and she's such a sweetheart. AND ladies she's started sleeping through the night!!!! Since I was ill and my DH had to deal with her for two nights she's started sleeping through. It's making such a difference. Not every night is perfect but DH is now dealing with her if she wakes up. Whoo! Xx
NET

DD born Feb 2013
DD2 born Nov 2015

MY DIARY

Reg: Mar 20th 2013

Sunday, March 12th 2017, 12:16am

Thanks ladies, I think I've made the right decision about the job. Fingers crossed! Haven't told work yet - they will freak out as we are already short staffed!

Fab news about the sleeping net!! xx
Ashastar

IVF June 2014 :BFN: :tear:
FET Nov 2014 :BFP: smile2

Reg: Nov 18th 2008

Children: 2 miracle IVF twin girls and 3 miracle surprises!!

What's Up?
Life's hectic but good !!!

Sunday, March 12th 2017, 7:25am

Just a quick one - fantastic news about the sleeping Net.

For those of you worrying about size of your LOs my twins are small for their age, totally healthy and very sporty (always win at sports day), they are 7.5 now and their 3.5 year old sis basically wears same clothes. There is even a skirt that they still wear that's age 2!! As long as they're healthy try not to stress about eating as it just makes it into a stressful mealtimes and even less will get eaten xx
Heather

PCOS and Blocked Tubes
1st IVF - Dec 08 BFP
Twins Girls Born August 09 : D
Shock Natural BFP - Oct 12
Baby Girl Born June 13 : D
Shock Natural BFP during DR!! - October 14
Baby Boy Born June 15 : D
Another Shock Natural BFP!
Baby Girl Born January 17 : D
Hmcfeather's Diary of My Brood

Jasper

Reg: Feb 5th 2009

Children: A boy and girl - ICSI and a natural miracle!

What's Up?
soooooo happy!!!!!!

Sunday, March 12th 2017, 9:07am

Wow Net I'm so jealous on the sleep front!!!! Mist nights J is in with us all night but the last 2 nights he's managed 11-5 in his own bed but I'm not getting to excited about this lasting forever!!!

Things are ticking along with the extension but kind of out of our hands. This Weds planning permission closes for objections and so we should have a decision soon. I'd be shocked if it's refused. Just waiting for the money to come through from remortgage and then we're ready to go. I took our architect plans to Howdens yesterday and got a kitchen designed. It's so hard to visualise a kitchen from scratch so was great to get some pictures of how it will look.

I've got a job interview on Thursday!!!! I've been looking for a while bit hardly applied for anything as there isn't anything part time that pays enough to cover childcare! It's 2 days a week 8.30-5 and only 10 mins from home. I really want the job as I'm so ready to work but also the thought of J going to nursery scares me !!!! Sometimes when my mum has him he can become inconsolable! I'm worried my nerves are going to take over in the interview or my mind go blank as I haven't worked for 3.5 years now!

Cheenab - that's great that u have a date. How are you feeling about it all?

Ashatar- I think you've made the right decision :)

Pip sorry to hear about the run in with your mum. It's never easy when family are providing child care x

Hi Wardie, Heather

Speak again soon xx

Jaspers Journey-My Diary

Feb 15 Shock BFP (8 o)

cheenab

What's Up?

Sunday, March 12th 2017, 10:00pm

Fab news on the sleeping net!!!

Fingers crossed for Thursday jasper :)

Hope everyone else is well?

Quick question.. any ideas what I can get finley as a present from the baby? Zacharys already sorted a book he said he wanted for his birthday, just struggling with F I know he doesn't really understand but I really want to get them both something for when they come visit at the hospital, there isn't really one thing he's in to either else that would make it a lot easier, dp said a teddy buy he has loads so I want it to be something unique that he will love if that makes sense?!
Stressful haha!!

What's Up?

Sunday, March 12th 2017, 10:12pm

Yes Jasper that's fab news about the job interview and just breathe before answering questions and you'll do great
Heather

PCOS and Blocked Tubes
1st IVF - Dec 08 BFP

What's Up?

Sunday, March 12th 2017, 10:14pm

I had written more!!!

Cheenab I'd get a soft toy that he can keep as a pressie from the baby. Not long to go now even if times is dragging for you xx
Heather

PCOS and Blocked Tubes
1st IVF - Dec 08 BFP

Jasper

What's Up?
soooooo happy!!!!!!

Monday, March 20th 2017, 6:32pm

So i didn't get the job but I did get a lovely email from them with some very positive feedback and asking if they could keep my details for considerat ion for future roles. Over the weekend I had started to stress about about the thought of J going to nursery and how upset he gets with my mum let alone strangers

Jaspers Journey-My Diary

Feb 15 Shock BFP (8 o)

Jasper

What's Up?
soooooo happy!!!!!!

Monday, March 20th 2017, 6:33pm

Jaspers Journey-My Diary

Feb 15 Shock BFP (8 o)

Net

Tuesday, March 21st 2017, 8:37am

Ah jasper sorry to hear you didn't get the job but I bet it was good to get some interview practice. I'm sure J would settle eventually but I know how stressful that all can be
Cheenab not long to go!!! Exciting times. How is F's behaviour? E is throwing tantrums for Britain right now. It's exhausting.
Heather how is P doing?
One wish, wardie, pip, ashastar how are you all?

Sorry for being a bit quiet. L had surgery on Friday. Went well but wow was stressful! She looked so tiny on the bed in recovery. Anyway it Went to plan but then last night we ended up in a&e as she knocked her lip against my DH's head, cue blood everywhere and was scared she'd split her stitches but seems ok. Her poor face is black blue and yellow now with bruises and so swollen but I can already see what a difference it's going to make.
E still sleeping better, we have quite a few bad nights still but she settles quickly. She loves having her head rubbed to fall asleep - tiring at 2am!!
NET

DD born Feb 2013
DD2 born Nov 2015

MY DIARY

What's Up?

Tuesday, March 21st 2017, 12:58pm

Net so pleased the surgery went well and hopefully the bruising will settle down quickly wee pet.

Jasper sorry about the job but great to get experience and fab they're putting you on a select list for future jobs.

All good in our house with P although she's all stuffed up again. I have managed to wreck my knee though. I joined a running club a couple of weeks ago and was loving it. Last Weds night we were doing hill sprints and I was working hard but not killing myself and on the last run I felt my knee go and it's absolutely killing me. Doc has prescribed me anti-inflamatories and referral fro physio but I'm going to see someone privately this thurs for an assessment as it's getting worse and I can barely walk at all or put any weight on it which makes it kinda hard to look after 5 kids and drive. I ended up sleeping on the sofa last night as I was giving P her 11pm feed and I realised I couldn't carry her up to our room in her Moses basket :-(

Hope eyeless is good x
Heather

PCOS and Blocked Tubes
1st IVF - Dec 08 BFP

cheenab

What's Up?

Wednesday, March 22nd 2017, 7:53pm

Ah jasper sorry to hear about the job but nice they sent positive feedback, have you seen any other jobs you're interested in?
Net so pleased the surgery went well, bless her. Glad to hear E is continuing to sleep well.
Heather ouch to your poor knee, hope the appointment tomorrow can help a bit, I have so much admiration for your determination to get fit following your c section, I hope I have even half that determination rotf
How is everyone else doing?
Well this time next week I will no doubt be fretting soooooo much, can't believe how quick this week is going!! Hospital this weekend for steroids, not looking forward to staying in but kind of looking forward to the rest haha!!
I do need to finish organising though, feel like I have so much to do and running out of time!! Xx

Pip

Friday, March 24th 2017, 1:37pm

Sorry about the job jasper but sounds like interview went well some good feedback

Ashstar how r things when do u move jobs?
Cheenab hope u r ok, not long till baby!!

Net how r ur LO's hope L is doing well after her op.
Heather hope ur knee is on the mend.

I have signed up for a 10k started running regularly now have a chest infection it's always something

Girls r doing fab, doing great going into nursery now and really enjoying it which is lovely
xx

What's Up?

Tuesday, March 28th 2017, 1:51pm

Hope the steroids were ok Cheenab. Never heard of having to stay in for them but hopefully you got a bit of a rest. Not long to go now. Can't wait to hear your good news.

Pip I'd love to be able to do a 10k but my knee is so sore. Physio says I've completely torn my collateral ligament. It's so painful. In truth not sure despite 4 sections with complications that I've ever had anything as sore :-(

Hope everyone else is keeping well. So quiet here these days xx
Heather

PCOS and Blocked Tubes
1st IVF - Dec 08 BFP

Net

Wednesday, March 29th 2017, 8:38pm

Ouch heather that sounds sore! My DH had his cruciate ligament repaired about 8 years ago - he was in agony beforehand. Hope it gets better soon

Cheenab - not long to go!!! Very excited to hear your news

Pip glad the girls have settled at nursery. It makes a massive difference when you know they're ok there doesn't it.

Ashastar how is everything with the change of jobs? How is R?

Wardie, any news? Hope you're well

Jasper how are your three? Is J's sleeping. Any better?

One wish are you about still?

So we've been away in our caravan for a few nights. E was a Terror! She slept some badly and we were exhausted by the time we came home! Mind you the girls loved being away in the caravan and the weather was fabulous.

L had her check up at great ormond street today and all ok so far. I really cannot believe what a difference it has made, her lip looks fantastic. Because it's a vascular birthmark it still looks quite blue but the size has been reduced so much it looks like a normal lip now. Yay! Took the girls for lunch whilst we were in London but wow that was stressful! I think we'll give lunch out a miss for a while!

Working silly hours at the moment and having terrible mummy guilt - it I do enjoy going to work and glad I have it. Just wish it wasn't so many hours!
Xxx
NET

DD born Feb 2013
DD2 born Nov 2015

MY DIARY

What's Up?

Saturday, April 1st 2017, 5:56pm

Cheenab hope you're doing ok and baby is with you soon. Can't wait to hear the name.

Net that's fantastic news about the birthmark and what a difference it has made already.

Hope everyone else is good xx
Heather

PCOS and Blocked Tubes
1st IVF - Dec 08 BFP

cheenab

What's Up?

Saturday, April 1st 2017, 11:13pm

Just a quick one ladies..

Baby arrived 30/3/17 At 4.34pm weighing 7lb 9oz his name is Teddy George, c section wasn't too bad but my back took a bit of a battering, took him over an hour to get the spinal in, after numerous attempts and almost deciding on putting me to sleep he bleeped his colleague to come and try who came along and done it in one go!!!
Everything else was pretty straight forward, breast feeding going well so far in quite a bit of pain around my wound and my back too which is pretty bruised, but other than that all good fun ;)

Hope everyone's doing well? Xx

What's Up?

Saturday, April 1st 2017, 11:55pm

Congratulations Cheenab. Another lovely boy and I love the names :boy: Hope the pain settles soon xx
Heather

PCOS and Blocked Tubes
1st IVF - Dec 08 BFP

Pip

Sunday, April 2nd 2017, 1:40pm

Congrats cheenab lovely name
xxx

Net

Sunday, April 2nd 2017, 2:25pm

Aw cheenab I'm loving all the Facebook photos of the boys together. Congrats! Xxx
NET

DD born Feb 2013
DD2 born Nov 2015

MY DIARY

Wardie

United Kingdom

Reg: Sep 5th 2010

Children: 1 Beautiful Daughter & 1 Gorgeous Son

Sunday, April 2nd 2017, 2:58pm

Huge Congratulations

Sunday, April 2nd 2017, 9:57pm

Congratulations again cheenab. The FB photos are gorgeous. You have a lovely family xx
Ashastar

Jasper

What's Up?
soooooo happy!!!!!!

Wednesday, April 5th 2017, 2:01pm

Congrats Cheenab! He is so gorgeous. Bet it doesn't seem real does it?!
Rarely a day goes by when I don't think how lucky I am to have had 2 natural bfp after treatment!

Things are all good with me. The company that inerviweed me have already been in touch about another job but the hours just weren't right at this point in time. It was school.hours so would be perfect in a few years but not now.

Things are ticking along with the extension. It did look like it was going to be refused but after some amendments to our plans they have today said that they are going to recommend it is agreed. It will be all systems go then to complete the remortgage and get a builder lined up!

J still isn't sleeping great at night. We've started him on infacol again to see if that helps as he seems uncomfortable with wind. He rarely sleeps in his own bed and kicks and fidgets all night!

School holidays next week and I'm a bit worried about getting the balance right of keeping the kids busy but not tiring them out! Wish me luck! Xx

Hi to everyone - hope u r all well x

Jaspers Journey-My Diary

Feb 15 Shock BFP (8 o)

Pip

Wednesday, April 5th 2017, 9:05pm

Great news on the job front jasper u have definitely made a good impression on them. Hope u have a good Easter hols with kids at home
Cheenab bow r all ur boys?
Net glad to hear l's op went well how is E doing?

Wardie how r things with u?
Ashstar have u moved jobs now?

Girls r good although absolutely wild, they run everywhere and have no sense of danger so getting out the house on my own with them is getting more and more difficult
xx

cheenab

What's Up?

Thursday, April 6th 2017, 9:17pm

Hi ladies how are we all?
Jasper that's brilliant that they still kept you in mind a shame the hours were not great though hope something else comes along soon :)

Well our little teddy is 1 week old today!! Time is flying by ;) although this week has had a fair amount of stress we are so incredibly lucky.
Teddy had to go back to hospital on Sunday as the midwife was concerned about his blood sugars and weight loss being at 8.3 % loss at only 3 days, but luckily all was ok and they discharged us quickly.
I had to go to a & e yesterday as was losing a lot of blood from down below, have been given antibiotics for an infection.
Finley is tossing between Jekyll and Hyde, one minute he's so loving etc the next he's trying to pick the baby up trying to bite him and scratch him, I can't imagine what's going on in his little head he must be so confused. It's making it harder as we can't even really put teddy down as Finley is literslly trying to climb in his chair with him straight away etc so it always seems to be that someone is holding him so that must be confusing to F too. Z absolutely adores his new brother but he's acting out a bit too, literally every other word out of his mouth is I want I want and demanding it straight away.
I'm hoping the first week is the hardest and it will get easier!! Preferably before dp goes back to work in 2 weeks ;)

Hope everyone is doing well xx

What's Up?

Monday, April 10th 2017, 1:55pm

Jasper great news that the application is being approved. One less worry! It'll be exciting to get started.

Cheenab when I was in hospital with P H was a bit rough with her and pulling her cot and her legs and just generally scaring the life out of me. Put since we brought her home and showed him how he needs to gently stroke her head and really really praising him he's been so good with her. It's funny he totally adores her and goes over all the time to lay his head on her legs to hug her. Still frightening at times as he's so big but don't want him to resent her by not letting him near her. It is hard to know what's for the best but definitely when he's being good with T to super praise him it a good plan.

Gotta run for my physio xx
Heather

PCOS and Blocked Tubes
1st IVF - Dec 08 BFP

cheenab

What's Up?

Tuesday, April 11th 2017, 6:28am

Thanks Heather, he can be gentle some times but then just sort of flips and likes to hurt we've started moving him away now if he tries to hurt him, but really making a massive deal about the good stuff so hopefully he's starting to get it!! He would literally sit and hold him all day if he could it's so cute he's always holding his arms out to him!!
T is doing fab and sleeping so well, breastfeeding so thought he would be a nightmare through the night but so far he's going 4 hourly apart from cluster feeding in the evening so really can't argue with that!!
Having a nightmare time with my scar though, it keeps opening on one side so have now got antibiotics and have to go and have it re dressed every day so she can keep an eye on it as she thinks there might be a build up of fluid behind it. Have been in so much pain though :(
How's everyone else doing? Xx

Wardie

United Kingdom

Tuesday, April 11th 2017, 10:03am

Hey everyone – so sorry for my absence xx
Well it is has been a crazy, busy few weeks…. We finally completed on the house at the end of February, but are really struggling to get companies/builders round to quote for the loft conversion & extension. The loft is the priority as we desperately need the bedrooms, but so far after having 5 companies round we have only had 2 quotes, another gave a ball park figure without even taking a measurement, needless to say we were not impressed and the rest we haven’t heard back from. So all in all in all it is a very stressful process and that is before any building works have commenced 

The kids…….
D has been a nightmare….. He isn’t really saying much yet he knows ‘no’ ‘more’ and ‘ball’ but that is about it. He has the WORST temper I have ever seen L was never like this…. I am putting it down to frustration that he cannot communicate properly but that boy sure does want to run before he can walk…. His sleeping has been a rollercoaster. He went from sleeping through from 10.30-6ish to waking up twice a night and has progressively got worse. Last night he had me up every 2 hours needless to say it is exhausting. His eating has also been a nightmare. He is barely eating but drinking milk like it is going out of fashion. Last night I am putting down to teething as his nappy was horrendous this morning!!!! He loves to self-feed but again can get really frustrated if you try and help him and then throws the whole bowl/plate on the floor. It can be really horrendous. He has also developed this awful scream/screech and throws himself on the floor always in temper when he doesn’t get his own way!!! I honestly don’t know what to do with him at times. He seems to be one thing after another with him. About 3 weeks ago I got a call from the childminder to say his temperature was over 100. Needless to say I went and got him & L from there my mum came home from work & I ended up taking him up to A&E where by the time I got there he had developed a rash that progressively got worse and worse while I was there it was a really scary time and if I am honest at times I struggled to hold it together. They took blood and tested it for Meningitis and Sepsis you could see the concern on the Registrars face. ANYWAY thankfully all came back fine and after some calpol & neurofen his temp dropped and he was fine. They said it was just viral & he went back to the childminders the next day. On top of that he has either been teething or had a cold/cough. I am desperate for summer to clear these germs……

L is a typical toddler she is 2.5 now and she is a right diva. She has a right attitude on her at times but I am so proud of her as her speech is phenomenal now although there are times I wish she didn’t speak as it can be draining with the constant question, repetitiveness and attitude lol. I noticed she could be quite rude at times and couldn’t work out where she was picking it up from and then discovered that Peppa Pig was to blame, so I do not let her watch it now…… But she is a very sociable little girl and has a best friend at the childminders so that is lovely. It is quite scary to think how quickly she has grown up and I cannot really remember her being D’s age its weird. However the pair of them do like to fight NON stop…… I don’t work Monday’s and when I have them all weekend plus the Monday there are times when I actually cannot wait to get back to work for the break as dreadful as that appears. I love them both with all my heart but being effectively a single mum is really hard work & I take my hat off to all the single mums out there & I am lucky that I have my mum as support and that they have such a fantastic daddy.

So with regards to the ex (A) – I think I said before he wanted to give it another go despite having a new girlfriend. Well we decided that we couldn’t go back & we had to go forwards on our new paths in life. He is still with his girlfriend and appears to be very happy so that is good. I do still find it hard when he is here once a week to spend the day with the kids. He has a key to my house and I let him come and go as he pleases and even cook him dinner or get a takeaway. I do get slightly annoyed as my mum still treats him like she has always done and that can grate on me at times, but then I do have to be thankful that our relationship is now civil & my family still treat him wonderfully whereas the same cannot be said for his family they have not had any contact with me since the 26th June 2016 which is just rude considering I didn’t do anything wrong. But hey ho.....

Work is work. I have to admit that I have been finding it quite boring lately and have often thought maybe I should find something else to challenge myself I have been with this company 6 years and I am just not as busy as I would like to be and working from home is quite isolating and I do miss the daily interaction with people face to face. BUT then I look at how lucky I am to be in this position, I work from home, I am left to my own devices, I earn good money & get a company car plus my boss is AMAZING so I have to focus on that and not think the grass could be greener because in reality it probably isn’t….

I love being back in Surrey with my friends & family, however I do now feel ready to potentially ‘date’ it is quite lonely some weekends when I do not have the children as everyone is busy with their own lives and it would be nice to have someone to share ‘life’ with and I just mean cosy evenings in, cinema trips, dinner/drinks etc. Have been out on a few nights out but had no such luck & have been informed dating has changed a lot from the old school just meeting someone out and about that it is all done online now. I was bullied into going on tinder & I did go on one date & while he was a nice guy, he was nicer as in a friend there was no attraction there on my part & I was honest with him and he was fine about it. I find Tinder so brutal and while I still have an account it is not really my cup of tea…. Everyone keeps telling me I will meet someone when I least expect it & while I agree I am also a very inpatient person lol. Anyway just have to plod along as I am 

I think that is about it for my life right now lol xx

I hope you ladies are all doing okay I do often read but don’t always have time to type and as I have written an essay above I apologise now for no personals I literally need to crack on with work.
Just know you are all in my thoughts as always. Take care all & have a lovely Easter xxx

Net

Friday, April 14th 2017, 10:09pm

Hey ladies

Wardie good to hear from you! Wow you've been busy! Hope u get a builder sorted soon. E throws some epic tantrums too - and also does the screaming thing so I sympathise! It's great you're getting on so well with your ex, and I hope the dating thing works out for you soon. The whole online dating game seems quite daunting and as you say very different to when we were all younger but I know loads of people who have found their other halves online so good luck!!

Cheenab how is T doing? And how is F getting used to his new brother?

Pip, ashastar, Heather, jasper hello and happy Easter

Well have just been on out third Easter hunt of the week! Thank goodness for the national trust and the fact I live so close to so many of their properties lol! L has been loving them. E is good, the tantrums are continuing but her language is going great guns so she can tell us what she wants a bit more ( sort of!). Slightly embarrassed she can now say 'alpol' ( calpol), she's been teething so badly it's been the only things that's helped. Feel like I give it too readily - it's only every few days and only once a day but still, feeling guilty. The word of today has been 'door' and she hasn't stopped saying it! Chicken pox is going round her nursery though so dreading her getting that. I'm working so many hours at the moment it's nice to have a few days off with the girls. Happy Easter all x :easter3:
NET

DD born Feb 2013
DD2 born Nov 2015

MY DIARY

Net

Friday, April 14th 2017, 10:12pm

Ps cheenab hope scar is better now. I had similar issues with mine but it did eventually heal. And that's fab about the feeds, long may it last!
NET

DD born Feb 2013
DD2 born Nov 2015

MY DIARY

What's Up?

Monday, April 17th 2017, 11:11am

Net calpol is a firm favourite in our house too. My lot make up illnesses just so they can have some!! I do love national trust stuff too. My twins were in Easter scheme all last week which is great to get them out of house and doing exercise.

Cheenab I'll write in your diary xx

Wardie great news house is sorted and hope you some decent quotes. Hope the dating thing goes well.

Ashatar and everyone else hope you're all good.

Well my beautiful P slept through all night on Saturday night wee pet. Although she's totally dosed again with the cold. She's a snot box. All courtesy of her big bro!!

I've a job interview next week for a different police force in England and my DH has yet to get his date for interview. We really want to move to the Yorkshire area although I briefly mentioned to my mum we were thinking of moving from here and she nearly cried on the spot and sent a text message with a big guilt trip about my dad having dementia and how he's getting worse and she needs my help. I know she does but want us to be able to follow our dreams V difficult choice!! Xx
Heather

PCOS and Blocked Tubes
1st IVF - Dec 08 BFP

Wardie

United Kingdom

Friday, April 21st 2017, 8:58am

Hi Ladies

Quick post I need some advice.....

We are taking my babies on holiday abroad for the 1st time on the 1st June for a week. I have never travelled with babies before L is 2.5 & D will be 18 months. Both still in nappies & D still has milk what do I take with me what am I allowed on the plane etc. What do I do about milk? We are flying early in the morning 7am.

I am feel quite nervous about it all now - how do I pack stuff for them & me when I am going to have take loads of nappies? I feel really anxious about it.

Any help/advice/guidance would be greatly appreciated.

Hope you are all well.

xxx

What's Up?

Friday, April 21st 2017, 10:40am

Wardie the good thing is you'll have plenty of room for nappies etc. I always have 1 big suitcase with nappies, swim nappies, wipes, bottles etc, another suitcase with kids clothes and then one for me.

Flight wise you can travel with pre-prepared milk, as in bought and they may ask you to open and taste and same for milk in bottles. You'll also be able to get milk whilst on the plane heated up a little.

Try not to stress about the traveling as it's just a means of getting to the fun part. You heading anywhere nice?

My poor P has a bad throat infection so we are back on antibiotics again!! Xx
Heather

PCOS and Blocked Tubes
1st IVF - Dec 08 BFP

Sunday, April 23rd 2017, 10:52pm

Hi everyone, sorry haven't been on in a while so only read through the last few posts. Will catch up properly later.

How is everyone? Hope you all had a nice Easter! We had a couple of days away and it was a lovely wee break.

Heather, sorry P is unwell. Poor wee thing. I hope she's starting to feel better. Wow, it sounds like you are planning a big move! I'm sure it's hard with your parents but at the end of the day you have to do what is best for you and your family so don't let them put you off! Definitely not an easy decision though I'm sure.

Cheenab, how are the boys? I'm loving all the FB photos. T is gorgeous! Is your scar better now?

Wardie, lots of good advice from heather about travelling with babies. How long is the flight? My advice is to take lots of stuff to keep them occupied on the plane. I went to Cyprus last year and the flight was 5 hours. I'm not going to lie, it wasn't easy! R was 15 months at the time and didn't want to sit on my knee for that long. Also, give them a drink during take off and landing to stop their ears popping.

Pip, how are you and the girls?

Net, how's things? How is work? I hope you got a wee break at Easter.

Jasper, you look like you've been busy during the school holidays! Your kids always look so happy in your photos!

Hope I haven't missed anyone!

As for me, after all the fuss I've ended up staying at my old job. I actually went so far as to hand in my notice but my boss was determined that she wasn't going to let me go! After a lot of discussion they have given me a really good pay rise and assurances that I will be given more responsibility etc so I decided to stay. At the end of the day it was less hassle and at least now I know how much they think of me so all good for now!

R is doing great these days - an absolute bundle of energy. He never stops moving and runs everywhere. I'm exhausted by the time he goes to bed but he's a great boy always smiling and really affectionate. Saying that, he's also a complete menace and I can't take my eyes off him for a second. He's still not talking much which concerns me a bit but I'm sure he will get there so trying not to fuss too much about it just yet.

I'm having a bit of an issue with my mil. My DH usually drops R off and picks him up on the days she looks after him but the other week I was home early so I picked him up. As soon as I went in I noticed that her house was really dirty. She has a wooden floor and it was covered in dust, fluff and cat fur and honestly looked like it hadn't been cleaned in weeks! R had a really runny nose the days he was there and I'm sure it was the dust! I feel really bothered at the thought of him being there now! He is always playing round the floor and I don't even know if she washes his hands before he eats his lunch! My house is never super clean by any stretch of the imagination but this was really bad! He has suspected asthma so it's really not good for him. I feel like I should be saying something to her but obviously it's kinda awkward! What do you ladies think I should do?

Sorry for the essay! xx
Ashastar

Pip

Monday, April 24th 2017, 7:28am

Hi ashstar good to hear from u

I am also watching the holiday advice as we are away to Majorca in June and no idea what I'm doing with stuff to take for the week clothes, toys, nappies?? And for the plane both on our knee for the flight :huh:

Ashstar do u have any other options could it MIL do the looking after at ur house? U could just say better for him to have all his own things? It is difficult when people r doing u a favour but u need to be sure he is ok and well looked after.

Heather u r right to go for it, u need to live ur life for u guys just now, not to say u still can't be there for family but u can't revolve around them

Hope everyone else is well
xxx

Monday, April 24th 2017, 6:15pm

Hi pip, when we went on holiday last year we didn't take too many toys as they took up a lot of room and we were out and about a lot anyway so he didn't need them. I also found that I took far too many clothes for R. You really just need wee simple things like shorts and t shirts. It'll be warm so you shouldn't need vests or anything except maybe travelling there and back. If you are staying in an apartment there might be washing machine so you can wash things if you need too which cuts down on what you need to bring. Just work out how many nappies they use per day and work out how many you need from that. The good thing is there are always supermarkets like lidl abroad so you can buy stuff if you need to. I'm jealous! Would love to be going away!

I don't know what to do about my mil. It just seems to be one problem after another with her. It would be great if she could come to our house to mind him but when I mentioned it before she wasn't keen. She also always ridiculously late so I know I would end up late for work and probably in a panic every day! Short of offering to do her cleaning for her I'm not sure how to approach it!
Ashastar

What's Up?

Monday, May 1st 2017, 8:49am

Morning ladies,

Happy May Day. Can't believe it's May already. Time is flying by ...

Well we are a house of sickness again with me suffering the worst :-( just feel so pants but hopefully on the turn today. Just want a day in bed !! Good news is that P is sleeping through the night so that's fantastic. She goes down about 8pm and wakes about 7am so no complaints here at all. She is a wee pet and a really smiley baby. It's so lovely getting her smiles. Such a nice phase. She had her big weigh in last week so she's up to 11lbs 11oz which when they adjust her age for being premature it puts her bang on 50th centile.

How's things with you all? Xx
Heather

PCOS and Blocked Tubes
1st IVF - Dec 08 BFP

Tuesday, May 9th 2017, 8:46am

Hi ladies, it's so quiet here these days! How is everyone? I was just reading back old posts from about a year ago and can't believe how much has changed. My little man will be 2 in just over a month. So sad that he's not my wee baby any more!

Heather sounds like P is doing great and glad to hear she sleeps so well!

Hope everyone is enjoying the lovely weather xx
Ashastar

cheenab

What's Up?

Wednesday, May 10th 2017, 12:20am

Hi ashastar,
I do the same sometimes with my diary, love reading thoughts etc around different times!! :)
It is very quiet on here!!
How is everybody?
Our little T is 6 weeks old on Thursday, time is going so quickly ;)
Z adores him, F is getting better with him but still lashes out occasionally.
They have all been full of germs this past week, F has antibiotics for a chest infection and T has been given an inhaler as his chest is sounding wheezy :(
The only thing I'm struggling with really is getting out and about, we have a double buggy but I hate it it's so big and bulky, I've looked at loads and just don't like them, the ones that are even half decent cost a fortune which I really can't justify as F won't be in it that long. I got a sling, but when I use that my back really plays up :( F is never in a hurry to get anywhere so walking really isn't an option, I got a buggy board for the single buggy we had but he just sits on it then randomly rolls off when he feels like it ;)
Sooo stressful haha, any suggestions?!

Hope everyone is doing well xxx

Pip

Wednesday, May 10th 2017, 11:55am

Hi cheenab just a quick one the jolie double buggy is good for a cheaper light buggy, my mum has that as a spare and fits through most doors

Hope everyone is well, I have been so stressed lately one of us is always ill DH away overnight at least one night a week just now, and I had a cyst removed from my boob on Monday which I'm having to have packed and dressed at the drs every morning, everything always happens at once to keep u on ur toes
Axe :S

What's Up?

Friday, May 12th 2017, 8:14am

I had the same debate Cheenab about leans as H isn't in one much but it is needed in the mornings for the walk to school as he's too slow walking and with so many kids it's too dangerous keeping an eye on them all so I got the mother care new president that is a one behind the other but it converts between the single pram and the double by simply extending the back out. It makes it quite long but it isn't heavy and means I can have it as a single or double depending on whether they're both out together or if H is walking.

I feel your pain Pip we have literally had 3 weeks non-stop illness with DH in bed for a week with a bad flu. I'm forcing him to go to the docs this morning as he's coughing up blood!! All I want is them all to be better but between the kids all 3 big ones have been off school in turns the last 2 weeks. Sent K to school this morning but I reckon she'll get sent home !! So fed up with it !!

Hope everyone else is keeping well and have been enjoying the lovely weather xx
Heather

PCOS and Blocked Tubes
1st IVF - Dec 08 BFP

Saturday, May 13th 2017, 8:53pm

Hi everyone, hope you are all having a nice weekend.

Oh pip, that sounds stressful! I'm sure it's not easy on your own overnight especially if you've to get out to work too.

I'm hoping I can pick your brains ladies. When I send R to my mil or my parents house I send him a packed lunch. I've mainly been sending him wee sandwiches and snacks like fruit, yogurts etc. Lately he has stopped eating the sandwiches and in at a bit of a loss as to what I could send instead. At home I make him fish fingers, French toast, pasta etc but I can't really send those things out with him as my mil is the worst cook imaginable - I mean she is barely capable of making a slice of toast! Also when he goes to my parents they have 2 other kids to look after too so I don't want them to have a lot of hassle preparing food. I'm just wondering if any of you who send lunches with your little ones could give me some inspiration and ideas of things to send??

Also, this is possibly a stupid question but I still put R in a sleeping bag at night but he's getting a bit big for it and I'm thinking it is probably time I moved him on to a proper duvet. I'm just wondering how he will stay warm at night. He is a really wriggly sleeper so I know he will kick the duvet off. Do they just learn to pull it back up over themselves?? He sleeps great and I don't want to wreck that!

Thanks ladies! xx
Ashastar

Pip

Sunday, May 14th 2017, 10:58am

Hi ashstar, I don't send a lunch my mum just tends to make French toast or sandwiches, we just got 18-36 month sleep bags t k max have them
xx

What's Up?

Sunday, May 14th 2017, 4:37pm

Ashatar H loves loves loves pasta and eats it hot or cold. You just send some in a plastic box and your MIL can heat it up in micro dead simply or she could make scrambled eggs and toast / beans on toast. They're all easy ans little hassle for someone who can't cook well. H won't eat sandwiches and he's quite a fussy eater at times. My saviour is feuit xx
Heather

PCOS and Blocked Tubes
1st IVF - Dec 08 BFP

Sunday, May 14th 2017, 11:25pm

Thanks ladies. Sandwiches were a big hit for a couple of weeks but now he doesn't seem so keen! Regardless of what I send my mil tells me he ate it all which I know can't always be true so it's difficult to know what to pack! Will maybe give the pasta a go heather. Hopefully she can't go wrong heating it up in the microwave lol!

Pip I didn't realise the sleeping bags go up that big! Will maybe just get one of those since he sleeps so well in them and it's what he's used to.

Hope everyone had a nice weekend. I am going to Dublin tomorrow with my friend and staying overnight. I've only had one night away from R since he was came home from hospital at 3 weeks old so I'm feeling a bit nervous about it. Will be nice to have a wee break though xx
Ashastar

What's Up?

Monday, May 15th 2017, 8:21am

Have a lovely time Ashatar and do relax and enjoy Dublin x
Heather

PCOS and Blocked Tubes
1st IVF - Dec 08 BFP

Net

Monday, May 15th 2017, 8:34pm

Hello all

So sorry for the silence -crazy crazy busy at work it's been horrendous! No tjme for anything or so it feels.

I second the egg, beans, toast suggestions - my go to meal! My girls must eat about an egg a day!

Ashastar hope you have a lovely night. Heather how is the job change going? Think you were on the move? Jasper how is the extension coming along? Sick of the dust yet?
Pip hope the twins are well?

Cheenab how is T?!
Wardie how are you doing?

Sorry for the brief personals.

Well I seem to spend all day every day working just now - I felt too unwell to go into the office today but too busy to not work so powered on through with a lot of paracetamol! Girls are doing really well. E is now picking up a new word or three every day and doesn't stop talking!! However she's also throwing massive tantrums and generally being a pickle! She's learnt how to scream soooo loudly! Sleeping is still pretty good but a bit hit and miss. She tends to cry a lot around 9-10pm then settle back down. She's eating me out of house and home lol. Loves her food! L. Continues to eat like a sparrow though.
It's my 13th wedding anniversary today! Time has flown by. We went to the place we got married yesterday for afternoon tea. Omg it was so tasty but I'm still full today haha. Shame I had to work all day through the sore throat.

Do hope everyone is well. Xxx
NET

DD born Feb 2013
DD2 born Nov 2015

MY DIARY

2 users apart from you are browsing this thread:

2 guests

FERTILITYZONE