You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

• "Gemma1" started this thread

Reg: Apr 19th 2008

Thursday, May 31st 2012, 8:23pm

my 17 month old has stopped feeding her self and has started being food fussy

I have a 17 month old who has always loved her food but has now more or less stopped feeding her self and just says no when you offer her food or try to get her to sit at the table to eat her dinner. She is at nusery 4 days a week and they are making it an issue where as I think it may just be a phase she is going through

She has started waking in the night once or twice and has starting has a bottle of milk to go back to sleep or she just screams

I dont know what to do for the best because I dont want to force her to sit and eat something and make things worse

Any advise would be appreciated
:cat:

1x IVF zero fert, 2x ICSI BFN, 1x FET BFN, 1x ICSI early loss

March 2010, FET , :BFP:, we have a little princess x

Reg: Aug 1st 2009

Children: 4 boys 3 living 1 deceased

What's Up?
Life is getting there - mainly good days

Thursday, May 31st 2012, 9:48pm

hi,

dont really know what to suggest, apart from give her a bottle of water, not milk. with my lot i dont tend to get drawn into the will they eat or wont they? i used to have an eating disorder(it still lurks occasionally). mine was attention seeking and battle of wills.

so if mine start with the i dont want this then my answeris usually fine, dont have it but no crisps or anything now till suppertime, unless you eat your dinner. when they were that young, i had 2 options. take the food away or just leave it in the room and let the kids out of their chairs. still do it to a degree. they then try to eat mine, but i draw the line at that. if i leave their food lying around, i try to not give much attention and usually within half an hour, i'll glance at them and they'll be eating again.whether it be by spoon or fingers. i look away and dont let them know i know, then they tend to finish it off. when they have finished ill give loads of praise and offer them an apple or yoghurt, just something nice.

if they ignore the food i take it away after about half an hour, still not making an issue of it, but will not allow fruit or yoghurt. my 4 yr old is allowed supper though, whether he's eaten his tea or not. but no treats before supper. my 22 month old usually gets 2 pots of yoghurt befre bed. i dont allow drinks or food in the middle of the night, unless theyre ill. cos mine go off food, but wake up hungry in the night when theyre ill. so thats the only time theyre allowed anything after 8 pm.

i dont know if any of this has helped, but i can only tell you my personal experiences. its entirely up to you what you do with it. we all find our own way as parents.

i would have a word with the nursery, maybe politely let them know that because theyre making an issue out of it, youre having problems with her at home, how upsetting it is and culd they curb whatever theyre doing. just a thought. dont know much about nursery as ive only just started sending my youngest to a childminder for 3 hrs a week. hes too clingy. needs to gain confidence in being seperated from me................. but thats another story

take care and good luck

jade
xxxxx
After a long hard infertility journey, i am now reluctantly done

1 user apart from you is browsing this thread:

1 guests