You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

• "Polly Pocket" started this thread
  • United Kingdom

Reg: Sep 24th 2006

Children: Three gorgeous daughters!

Tuesday, July 10th 2012, 10:51pm

Nursery uniform for a dinky 3 year old.

Our DD1 will be 3 in August and starts nursery in September. I've ordered her uniform already, got the smallest sizes they do which is 3-4 years but everything is huge on her and there is only so much you can adjust the waistbands on the trousers and skirt before it starts to get very bunched up plus the trousers are about 2-3 inches too long. Does anyone know of anywhere I can get smaller sized grey trousers and skirts?

Thank you.

xxx

Bells

ADMINISTRATOR

United Kingdom

Wednesday, July 11th 2012, 9:57am

Awwwwww!

Build-a-Bear Factory? :snigger: Sorry, will behave now :whistling:

School Uniform Shop | Schoolwear | Back To School | School Uniform | Banner | Blue Max | Beau Brummel | Trutex | Medallion | Free Delivery

At lease these put measurements on. Should make things easier?

I get tall/skinny DD2 those stretchy grey school trousers and put tucks in the waistband.

• United Kingdom

Wednesday, July 11th 2012, 4:52pm

:snigger: That's not a bad idea about the Build-a-Bear Factory!

Thanks for the link Bells, I've had a look and the trousers are the same waist as the ones I've already bought but the legs are even longer so it looks like I'll have to take them in whatever I buy.

• United Kingdom

Saturday, July 14th 2012, 11:26pm

I was having a hunt around yesterday and found out that Next do a slim fit range in kids school uniforms and sizes start at age 3 so hopefully they a bit smaller than the 3-4 sizes many shops sell. xfingers

Bells

ADMINISTRATOR

United Kingdom

Sunday, July 15th 2012, 12:42pm

Yes, I find Next good for DD as even 'skinny' jeans hang off her. Next ones have those elastic tapes inside where you can adjust the waist.

I find that most school skirts are too long anyway so end up buying a smaller age range to get the right waist size, which is something to consider when she's older. Those elasticated pleated ones are best for little waists but a bugger to alter.

If you hate sewing and don't intend to shorten and then lengthen, I can recommend Bostik 'Sew Simple'. It's glue and it's great!

• United Kingdom

Sunday, July 15th 2012, 2:37pm

Thanks for the advice and I think I'll definitely try the next trousers, I can always take them back if they don't fit.

I do currently buy her stuff for younger children, she's only just going into age 2-3 leggings and even then I have to watch it because some are on the large size around her waist. I recently bought her a pair of skinny jeans for age 2, the length was okay but like your DD they were also huge on her everywhere else.

I don't hate sewing I'm just really pants at it, I've used that webbing iron on stuff to take trousers up is the Sew Simple like that? DH is good at sewing so I can always delegate it to him. : D

Bells

ADMINISTRATOR

United Kingdom

Sunday, July 15th 2012, 3:56pm

Yeah, same theory as Wonder Web but it's just glue, you just.... glue it, press it a bit and leave it an hour : D It really is... SO SIMPLE!! haha... I need to get out more. :|

• United Kingdom

Sunday, July 15th 2012, 9:47pm

That sounds far easier than sewing or trying to line up wonder web and iron it without it moving, I can't believe I've never heard of it before.

• United Kingdom

Tuesday, July 24th 2012, 8:51pm

I've found some trousers! Sainsburys do two pairs of age 3 grey jersey trousers for £6 which are still a little bigger than she needs around the waist and a little too long but not ridiculously big like the others.

Flic

Italy Poland

Reg: May 8th 2008

Children: Had my first daughter on 25th February 2010!

What's Up?
Stressed.

Wednesday, July 25th 2012, 10:06am

Whats this glue stuff?!?! I need some for me!!

Our miracle was born on 25.02.2010!!

Bells

ADMINISTRATOR

United Kingdom

Wednesday, July 25th 2012, 4:40pm

Flic, it's this! Bostik - Sew Simple 40ml - Hobbycraft | Craft Shop, Art Supplies

PP, I spotted some trousers and a skirt age 3-4 in Asda last week. I actually got them off the rail and was going to buy them and send them to you... but decided to tell you about them instead.... and then forgot.

#hopeless

• United Kingdom

Wednesday, July 25th 2012, 10:34pm

Aww thanks Bells, how sweet of you to think of us. :) It was Asda ones I bought in the first place, they don't look that big do they? But put them on DD1 and she looks like she's shrunk! Never mind, I've still kept them, they'll do for next year or the year after.

Flic

Italy Poland

Reg: May 8th 2008

Children: Had my first daughter on 25th February 2010!

What's Up?
Stressed.

Friday, July 27th 2012, 10:40pm

Oooh, Bells! I'm gonna have to get some of that. Sounds ideal for me! Especially as O seems to have stopped growing in height!! And I stopped growing in height over 10 years ago!!

Our miracle was born on 25.02.2010!!