You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Curlytails

GLOBAL MODERATOR

• "Curlytails" started this thread
  • United Kingdom

Reg: Apr 18th 2010

Children: One gorgeous boy

What's Up?
:baby:

Thursday, July 12th 2012, 9:35pm

Blocked Milk Ducts

I think I have blocked milk ducts in one of my breasts and am worried it is going to lead to Mastitis. I have been BF with no problems for 7 weeks but one breast has gone really lumpy and DS seems to be getting frustrated when feeding from that side. The smallest lump is ball bearing sized but the largest is plum sized.

I've tried massaging the lumps to get rid of them but they are still there and it is really sore feeding him on that side. Has anyone got any suggestions of how to get rid of the lumps or are they there to stay? Will blocked ducts be reducing what he is getting from that side and if so am I going to end up feeding one sided?

Help!

6 x IVF, 3 x FET
3 x MMC, 3 x :BFN:, 1 x failed thaw
Two gorgeous boys.

Dusky7

FORUM MENTOR

Reg: Aug 12th 2008

Children: Two beautiful little girls, so so lucky!! :)

What's Up?
:hello:

Thursday, July 12th 2012, 9:46pm

Oh hon, poor you! Is it sore when you're not feeding? Do you feel fluey too? Try keeping it warm, shower, warm flannel etc and gentle massaging. I know it hurts but try to feed him a little more often and offer that one first. Hopefully it will go on its own but if you start to feel really poorly go and see you GP x

Hope you had a nice lunch today :) xxxxxx

1st ICSI - Oct 08 - :BFP:!!! DD born July 2009 : D
1st FET - May 11 - BFN :-(
2nd FET - Sept 11 - BFN :bawl:
3rd FET - Jan 12 - :BFP: DD2 born October 2012

DUSKY'S FET DIARY

Reg: Sep 10th 2010

What's Up?
Tired but happy!

Thursday, July 12th 2012, 11:22pm

All what Dusky said and express too. Def offer that side first as when hes hungry he'll make more of a dent in it.
I had mastitis around week 5, felt flu like, temperature and knackered (although that's a given anyway right?!) I just kept feeding and expressing through it, it lasted a couple of days but got better without any meds.
Hope it works out x
[zx102]

IUI Nov 09 BFN ..... 1st ICSI Oct 10 BFP m/c 8weeks ;( ..... 2nd ICSI June 11 [zx076] [zx076]
MY DIARY

Valentine's day twins 2012
And a surprise DS 27/1/15

Curlytails

GLOBAL MODERATOR

• "Curlytails" started this thread
  • United Kingdom

Reg: Apr 18th 2010

Children: One gorgeous boy

What's Up?
:baby:

Saturday, July 14th 2012, 9:46am

Thanks ladies, I've been following your advice and although I am still lumpy on that side it isn't as painful. He does seem to be really hungry though so I don't think it is working as efficiently as it was.

6 x IVF, 3 x FET
3 x MMC, 3 x :BFN:, 1 x failed thaw
Two gorgeous boys.

Reg: Feb 3rd 2011

Children: One beautiful daughter -born Oct '11

Saturday, July 14th 2012, 11:37am

I had that - got a little lump on my nippels from it. I squeezed and squeezed it just like a zit and loads of pussy-hardened milk came out, then it was all ok again. Do you have a any sign of this?
You can place hot hot hot flannels on your breasts then keep massaging them, and MAKE SURE YOU FEED FROM IT AS MUCH AS POSSIBLE! This will help keep the mastitus at bay.

Hope it resolves soon.

5 - yes FIVE angels baby5 All early losses due to elevated NK cells.

1st IVF january 2011 resulted in our beautiful daughter born Oct 2011 bab10

My diary

Bells

ADMINISTRATOR

United Kingdom

Saturday, July 14th 2012, 11:43am

Flying visit!

Use a hot flannel and then an hour later a cold one, repeat all day.

Change your feeding position around a bit. Try lying down with him or rugby ball hold, anything to get a different suction/pressure pattern.

Drink shedloads!

Drink some more!!

Take some paracetamol.

Express if he's fussing and not emptying.

Try some 'gentle' massage after the hot flannel.

GOOD LUCK!!

1 user apart from you is browsing this thread:

1 guests