You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Lisa Lou

• "Lisa Lou" started this thread

Reg: Nov 1st 2008

Children: 2 gorgeous little Boys - our miracles!

What's Up?
I have the most gorgeous boys on the planet! x

Wednesday, July 18th 2012, 2:48pm

I've had enough of baby food staining everything!!!

Well as the title says, i've completely had enough of baby food staining all my babies lovely clothes, bib's and anything else it spills onto!
Im really struggling to understand why the big bods at Cow & Gate, Heinz etc think its a great idea to make food for little babies that stains! Surely its obvious that the food is going to get EVERYWHERE!!
Im so angry today as yet another lovely outfit has been ruined of Jayden's, its heartbreaking...his lovely new green and white highchair was stained after his first meal sitting at the weekend ..i wanted to cry!
Does anyone have any advise or secret tips on how to remove these annoying stains? or does anyone know of a food brand that have used their brains and produced sensible food?
x

Lisa Lou
babydust

ME: 30, PCOS
DH: 32, Low Count

1st ICSI: BFP miscarriage @ 9 weeks
2 natural BFP both lost @ 8 weeks

March 11 FET: Beautiful BFP!! Baby Jayden arrived safe and sound on 29/12/2011, he is perfect!!
December 2012 shock natural BFP!! Baby Shay arrived quickly on 28/07/2013, he is gorgeous!!

United Kingdom

Reg: Sep 24th 2006

Children: Three gorgeous daughters!

Wednesday, July 18th 2012, 3:27pm

If it's tomato based stains on clothes stick it out on the washing line after you've washed them, sunlight will get rid of most of the first time, there have been a few occasions when I've had to wash stuff again and hang it out but it does come out.

A lot of food leaves stains, it doesn't matter who has made it.

Gracie

Reg: Jul 15th 2007

What's Up?
I now have double the trouble :)

Wednesday, July 18th 2012, 4:32pm

Polly's right - the sunshine works wonders on tomato stains! In fact, even if it's tipping with rain the daylight will remove the stain if you leave things out for a day or so.

Also, I swear by good old fashioned green household soap, sadly, in their infinite wisdom, Fairy have decided to stop making it! I've built up a stash but if you can find an old fashioned hardware shop in your area you might find a bar or two lurking on a shelf - or try E-bay. I personally think modern stain removers are a load of old rubbish so I wouldn't waste your money on them!!

Me - 40 AMH 1.79, DH - 45
TTC since 04/06
6 x TX to date, inc 2 DIVF in Barcelona

One early loss, 04/09
Freya Grace arrived on 6/11/10 - Perfect at 6lb and 1/2 oz

Amazing natural :BFP: on 12/02/12
Poppy Ann arrived on 13/10/12 - Born at home weighing 6lb 12oz

We got there in the end! happydance

Lisa Lou

• "Lisa Lou" started this thread

Reg: Nov 1st 2008

Children: 2 gorgeous little Boys - our miracles!

What's Up?
I have the most gorgeous boys on the planet! x

Wednesday, July 18th 2012, 4:40pm

thank you for your replies i will try the soap and how interesting that daylight may be a simple answer. i will def be giving this a go. thanks again

Lisa Lou
babydust

ME: 30, PCOS
DH: 32, Low Count

1st ICSI: BFP miscarriage @ 9 weeks
2 natural BFP both lost @ 8 weeks

March 11 FET: Beautiful BFP!! Baby Jayden arrived safe and sound on 29/12/2011, he is perfect!!
December 2012 shock natural BFP!! Baby Shay arrived quickly on 28/07/2013, he is gorgeous!!

JENSQUI

Megastar

Reg: Feb 26th 2007

Children: one very special daughter

Thursday, July 26th 2012, 9:30am

my advice is to forget the lovely outfits and pop a cheap supermarket t-shirt over them at feeding time. Leave the precious outfits and clothes for when they are older. martha has always sat on her Tripp Trapp without any cushioning - I really can;t be bothered with the effort of cleaning that as well as everything else. Buy the big tabards meant for older children to paint in for feeding time as well. otherwise sunshine and a soak in good old fashioned soda crystals works well.

me 38, DP 44, ttc since 2005
BFP May 07 - HB seen @ 8 wks but CRL only 7 weeks, m/c @ 9 wks
BFP Jan 08 -m/c @ 11 wks (D&C)
BFP Jun 08 - early loss
BFP Dec 08 - HB & CRL ok @ 8 wks, but sac too small, m/c @ 9 wks
BFP Apr 09 - Martha born 9th Jan 2010
BFP Feb 12 - Eliza born 13th Oct 2012

Reg: Feb 3rd 2011

Children: One beautiful daughter -born Oct '11

Thursday, July 26th 2012, 11:50am

Try vanish. Also - strip him naked for feeding time. And the high chair, well, it's only a chair. It's going to get mucky. We spent £15 on our - IKEA. Wipes clean, job done !! x

5 - yes FIVE angels baby5 All early losses due to elevated NK cells.

1st IVF january 2011 resulted in our beautiful daughter born Oct 2011 bab10

My diary

Gracie

Reg: Jul 15th 2007

What's Up?
I now have double the trouble :)

Thursday, July 26th 2012, 1:25pm

Ah, the £15 Ikea high chair - best thing ever!!

jodiedoo

Ireland

Reg: Mar 20th 2010

Children: One gorgeous boy

What's Up?
All's great here

Friday, July 27th 2012, 3:35am

Hiye
I use a plastic bib that has complete sleeves and when LO is sitting in the highchair it covers his legs also. There brill. You can buy them almost everywhere eg Tesco, Boots, Sainsburys etc. If it's too big roll up the sleeves and put an old bib underneath to catch any spills. It really keeps the clothes stain free.
Good luck xxx
TTC 10 years..... Me 41 Dh 48 Jodie's ICSI Diary