You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Chilli

Megastar

• "Chilli" started this thread
  • United Kingdom

Reg: Oct 3rd 2005

Saturday, September 9th 2006, 7:42pm

Is it enough?

Just wanted to ask what you think? Mabel is 4 1/2 months and has started to wake for feeds about 3 times a night from sleeping through 7 til 7 for weeks.

Am also expressing for donation only about 2oz a day, do you think this is effecting her milk supply? she seems more eager to eat not as relaxed as she used to be almost greedy.

I know I will probably get told off for this but is my milk enough to fill her up now?

[SIZE=7]please don't shout at me[/SIZE]

Bells

ADMINISTRATOR

United Kingdom

Saturday, September 9th 2006, 7:52pm

I don't think that you embezeling a couple of ounces is going to make any difference, it's supply and demand.

It's either a growth spurt and you need to go with it or she's peckish and you can introduce some food..... OR she's clever and learning that cry=Mummy which is quite nice for her during those long lonely nights :rolleyes:.

I don't think anyone can specifically say which one of those it is because you know her best .... what do you think?

Saturday, September 9th 2006, 8:03pm

I posted a similar question when DD was around 4 months Chilli - I weathered it out for a bit longer, I think in hindsight it was a growth spurt for her. I did start her on solids at just after 5 months though - just a bit of baby rice once a day - doesn't really fill them up though just gets them used to taking something different I think. My way of telling whether DD is waking for comfort or hunger is how persistent she is when she wakes. If I comfort her and then put her back in her cot (without feeding her) and she falls asleep and stays asleep I think its just that she needed a cuddle. If however she wakes again 5 minutes later and this continues - my 'rule' is on the 3rd time I feed her as I think she's definately hungry at that point. Although with my DD I think she also wakes out of habit because she has got into a patten of getting fed at certain times now.

Chilli

Megastar

• United Kingdom

Saturday, September 9th 2006, 8:36pm

I personally think she is hungry i don't think it is a growth spurt, as during the day she feeds normally as she always has, i found with her last growth spurt she was different, if she wasn't crying she was feeding, day and night! ;(

I do try and rock her not an easy task with a baby that does not like to be cuddled! I try the dummy and I try Mr Soothy but it's food she wants, when i put her down on the bed she automatically rolls onto her the side with her mouth open.

Or maybe as you say Primrose it's habit, we are disturbing her and she is waking and wanting food. I think i wil leave it till next week and see if it carries on if it does then i will introduce baby rice. I just don't know why she has suddenly decided to revert back to feeding like she did when she was 4 week old??

Oh edited to say she doesn't cry she just bangs her legs down on the cot till i get up and see to her.

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Chilli" (Sep 9th 2006, 8:37pm)

Bells

ADMINISTRATOR

United Kingdom

Saturday, September 9th 2006, 9:51pm

I think that giving it a week is a good idea. I would even go so far as to suggest making a note of the times she wakes up, what her feeds and sleeps are like and how she is in herself (settled, whingey, clingy, greedy). It might help you to look at it more clearly and it will be easier for you to make an objective decision one way or the other based on the overall picture ;)

Then.... just follow your instincts, they've got you this far with incredible success.

Reg: Sep 27th 2005

Sunday, September 10th 2006, 12:01pm

As you know, I'm a massive supporter of breastfeeding, but I will also support the introduction of solid food earlier than six months if there are no possible contra-indications such as allergy risk. Only about 4 or 5 years ago, the official ruling was 4 months, so things can't have changed that much. If your child is not showing any signs, then why introduce solids? However, if her behaviour has changed, and it can do so quite quickly, it may be for need of food. Bear in mind that it will be a whole new experience for her, so she won't get much nutrition from solid food for the first couple of weeks - most of it will go down her front. If she's showing signs of needing it, and you're confident that it is hunger, then I would seriously consider starting it now, as she'll need some practice before it gets useful for her body!

I've now started DS2 on baby rice and he's 18 weeks. Pear is also going down fine. Remember that the chances of allergy to inocuous things like rice and pear and apple is almost unheard of, but it's wise to avoid dairy/wheat/protein till at least 6 months, in my opinion. There is some evidence (but don't ask me where) that a baby who ends up consuming gallons of milk at 6 months just to stave off hunger can end up a more fussy eater as they get hooked on milk. In the long run, it's important to get them to want solid food.

I'll just say again - I'm an avid supporter of breastfeeding and am continuing breastfeeding for all DS2's milk needs along with the solids. If I can keep all milk being breastmilk for as long as I can, then I feel proud of what I've done, even if solids are part of his diet well before 6 months. I haven't needed to give a single formula top-up, and I'm using breastmilk for making up baby rice too. In fact, I don't have a single tin of formula in the house.
Had a total of three fresh IVF cycles and three frozen transfers (embryos and blastocysts)
m/c @ 11 weeks in 2007 DS1 and DS2 born from fresh IVF cycles :D
:D

Children: DS#1 (clomid) 1999 -vb - DS#2 (natural BFP) c-sec

Sunday, September 10th 2006, 2:13pm

Chilli

My thoughts when reading your post - before reading any replies - was sounds like little M needs something a bit extra and that it might be time to start introducing solids. As the girls have said will probably take a while before she gets much from it so I'd start as soon as :P

I'm preparing for introducing solids - I've bought spoons and baby bowls and some baby rice but don't plan to start Gregor on them until he needs them - and hopefully he'll hang off for another few weeks if not months -- although I'm lucky for him to last 3 hours between feeds now and when I give him his bottle you'd think he'd not been fed for days 8o but he is still sleeping from 8 til 8 so I'm not planning on introducing solids until he shows signs of waking for food during the night

Elaine
x
DS#1 FEB 1999 (CLOMID)
DS#2 MAY 2006 - MIRACLE !!

Chilli

Megastar

• United Kingdom

Sunday, September 10th 2006, 7:23pm

She again woke 3 times last night! Tonight I made sure she had a big feed she cleared both boobs I kept on tickling her feet so she would keep feeding as she was nodding off.

So tonight I will see how many times she wakes........

She is due to be weighed this week and believe me I am not a lover of the whole chart thing but if she has not gained from last time then i will start her on baby rice. I agree Limpet if she is ready now then it's her way of telling me and I will still BF I wouldn't introduce formula now there would be no point, I think she is about a week behind DS2 so she too will be 18wks.

She has had 18wks of my specail super douper milk and she and I have done well, I am finding the whole thing quite upsetting I can't imagine her having abything other than my milk. ;(

thank you I suppose I just needed someone to say......it's ok xx

Sunday, September 10th 2006, 9:42pm

Quoted

Originally posted by Chilli
She has had 18wks of my specail super douper milk and she and I have done well, I am finding the whole thing quite upsetting I can't imagine her having abything other than my milk. ;(

That's exactly how I feel - I would rather have DS2 have rice/pear etc as well as my milk rather than any other milk, ie formula. What I'm trying to say is I'd be upset if I had to give DS2 formula because I didn't have enough milk, but they all need solids one day, so I'm not upset to have my milk supplemented by solids.

Argh, this doesn't read back very clearly - I hope you understand what I mean! Chilli - please don't be upset about it; just rejoice in the best 18 weeks' start you could possibly have given her. The whole thing of having a baby/child is to help them through each step, so she's ready for the next step now(ish) - help her through it by making some yummy baby rice with mummy milk and pureeing some lovely ripe pears!
Had a total of three fresh IVF cycles and three frozen transfers (embryos and blastocysts)

Chilli

Megastar

• United Kingdom

Monday, September 11th 2006, 6:39am

I totally agree Limpet I would rather solids and my milk than formula.

She woke twice last night so the big feed didn't make too much difference!

Reg: Oct 7th 2005

Monday, September 11th 2006, 8:57am

ok, sorry I'm so late in replying.....

1) formula is NOT evil ;) I reached the stage where my pumping during the day at work was not enough for the bottles DS required during the day, and I did have to supplement with formula. Once we found one he was not allergic to (!) he was fine. He didnt explode or die of horrible diseases or anything, honest ;) I beat myself up about it so much, and it was silly - he was fine.

2) I have said that 4 1/2 months is the hardest time for breast feeding - they seem hungry the WHOLE time 8o What was counter-intuitive was that the best thing to do was to start feeding him LESS during the day - we moved him to a four hour schedule and he was so much better. We woke him for a dream feed at 10pm, and he would wake once during the night for a feed as well.

DS only started sleeping through for 12 hours after he was 6 months.

Chilli

Megastar

• United Kingdom

Monday, September 11th 2006, 9:13am

I know formula isn't EVIL :D it just as you say hard to turn to once you have BF for this long, people have the misconception that giving up Bf to turn to formula is easy and I will argue that point because it is NOT easy at all as we all know!

I am in a poisition to carry on BF as i don't work.

DD has slept through 12 hours solid since she was about 10 weeks I think?! so this is a shock to my system I have tried the 4 hourly feeds that worked for a while but in my opinion and judging by the poll that Limpet set up recently it isn't uncommon for babies to be weaned at this age. I was really beating myself up about not soley BF for 6 months as that's the plan i had in my head.

we have been though the pain threshold of BF in the first few weeks, growth spurts, mastitus all of it very difficult and now this is the next stage, i feel that DD is ready i have given her all i can and what I am giving her now is not soley satisfing her so I have to read the routine she has set out for herself.

i am seeing my HV on thursday maybe even tomorrow if I can get an appointment to ask for her advise .xxx

Monday, September 11th 2006, 1:11pm

Let us know what your HV says, Chilli. How much does Mabel weigh? I'm getting DS2 weighed on Wednesday.

Chilli

Megastar

• United Kingdom

Monday, September 11th 2006, 3:38pm

Got to call in the morning as there are no appointments as yet. i don't know Mabels weight she was 13 3oz about 3 weeks ago.

I have asked everyone i can think of and read books today about whether to wean or not and all say the same, she sounds like she is ready so I got some organic baby rice and a bowl and some spoons she's growing up!

Limpet when did you start the pear?

Bagpuss

• "Bagpuss" is no longer a member of FZ

Monday, September 11th 2006, 3:43pm

I spoke to my HV today & she reckons if your LO is waking in the night & is not her normal happy contented self with milk then to try starting on the baby rice.

DS has started feeding for England recently but is still sleeping through the night although he's still feeding every 2.5-3.5 hours. I've even swapped him onto hungry baby formula but it's making no difference. Oddly although he is feeding really really well in 2 weeks he's only put on 1/2lb whereas the 2 weeks before he put on 1.5lb!

I was told to give it another 2 weeks based on the fact that DS is sleeping ok. I would go with your gut feeling Chilli - if she is waking & feeding more than normal I would be tempted to leave it week & then try weaning her. Could be wrong but that's my opinion :)

Chilli

Megastar

• United Kingdom

Monday, September 11th 2006, 6:59pm

It has been about a week since she started doing it, I am relaxed about it now i really thought I was overreacting as it only seems like yesterday she was born and now i am talking about giving her FOOD!

She feed alot this afternoon and was grizzly so i am expecting a busy night aswell!

Do you think this is why she has been not pooing for days on end as well? she can go up to 5 days without a poo which I know is perfectly normal for a BF baby.

Bagpuss

Monday, September 11th 2006, 7:04pm

The HV reckoned if they were more active or the weather is cooler etc they will be burning more calories than normal so not pooing out as much waste. with BF cos you're giving exactly the right amounts of everything it sounds like she is using it all efficiently :D

DS is def moving more when awake, trying to roll & playing with his toys or making noises to himself.

Yep HV also said don't rush to wean them cos it means they're growing up fast when they're on solids :(. Does seem like yesterday we were having them doesn't it :P :rolleyes:

Chilli

Megastar

• United Kingdom

Monday, September 11th 2006, 7:54pm

I know! She has also found her feet :rolleyes: they are now in her mouth all the time, and while she is sucking her foot she is making the funniest noises!

As for rolling...she still hates being on her front but loves her side and ends up over the other side of the room, don't ask me how she just wriggles about :D she is so funny now i laugh at her all day cause she is so pleased with herself.

Monday, September 11th 2006, 8:22pm

I had to start solids quite early because DS2 must weigh over 17lbs now (I'll find out when I see the HV on Wednesday). I gave him just baby rice once a day for a week (because it was early) and then started pear. Once he had had pear for 3 consecutive days, then I started another food. Those 3 days ensures that there's no allergic reaction or intolerance.

I just looked at the red book for DS1 and he was 17lbs at 32 weeks! What a contrast compared to 17lbs at 18 weeks!! He was 68 cm at 32 weeks, and I measured DS2 just now (before looking at the book) and reckoned he was 69 cm. Much the same in proportion, just much bigger!

Like Mabel, DS2 loves being on his side, but now manages to rotate 180 degrees round in the cot overnight, no idea how. I go in in the morning and do a double-take "did I really put you down that way round?".

Chilli

Megastar

• United Kingdom

Monday, September 11th 2006, 8:45pm

Thanks Limpet I thought I should just do the rice for while this is where it gets messy :D, i have never used a bib on DD as she isn't a sicky baby I must buy one of those plastic jacket things for me and her!

OMG he is one big baby! My friends baby was only 8lb 4oz at birth has only ever been BF is 13 weeks and weighs over a stone already think you must both be producing clotted cream!

Tuesday, September 12th 2006, 8:52am

Yes, but he's tall too. Maybe it's clotted cream, but personally I hate the taste of it. When I'm testing it for being the right temperature to give as rice, I think it's absolutely disgusting so why do babies love the taste?!

Stick with the rice for a while if you can, but if DD starts to get bored of it (let's face it, it isn't really top of the menu given the choice), then it would be better to liven it up with something simple like pear than have her go off solid food altogether because of the taste.

Chilli

Megastar

• United Kingdom

Tuesday, September 12th 2006, 8:40pm

mabel was weighed today and is still following her line although she did fall below it last time - she is just under the 50th she now weighs 13lb 13oz.

HV was really urging me to carrying BF for a few more weeks, she told me about some research that has been carried out in a 3rd world country and that they are weaned much later than our children. Our children are more likely to suffer with allergies and bowel problems perhaps later on in life also obesity. Not being funny but no child in a 3rd world country is going to suffer with obesity!

So not sure what to do, my heart is telling me she is ready but how can when they throw that one at you?I so i am going to keep going with BF for a bit longer- I am also pleased she has gained weight at steady pace i was worried it would be low again so she seems ok.

She also suggested feeding as much as possible as it will only be about a month before I start to wean- so give her a few extra feeds during the day to see if that works.

Bells

ADMINISTRATOR

United Kingdom

Tuesday, September 12th 2006, 9:10pm

I'm all for following government guidelines and scientific information but how do they know 'now' that it leads to bowel problems if they didn't know this 5 years ago? I'm sorry but children in th ethird world do not have access to three hearty meals per day including fresh fruit, veg, clean drinking water, vitamin enriched foods and milk. Nor are the living and working conditions the same.... ?(

I still think that you should follow your heart, you have a wonderful instinctive parenting style :)

Tuesday, September 12th 2006, 9:21pm

Sorry Chilli but I'm afraid I have found HV's advice quite useless in the past. It may be just where I live but I have only met one who has been really clued up on bf - all the others were useless! There are too many variables in a lot of research, that is quoted as 'fact', that is simply glossed over - For instance is that research specific to bf babies or just all western babies in general. Anyway I'll try and get off my high horse, I just wish they wouldn't try and get you to parent according to a manual. You are the one that knows her best - do whats right for you both.

Chilli

Megastar

• United Kingdom

Tuesday, September 12th 2006, 9:52pm

Thank you Bells that was a really nice thing to hear :D

I agree and i was getting abit heated about it to be honest. i had aso been to baby massage today where strangely enough the tutor put on a video about weaning why i have no idea as most of the babies are about 8 weeks old!? and all through it was -"when your baby reaches 6 months......blah blah blah the tutor who is a HV assistant really stressed the importance of the child being 6 months but could not give a reason why - just it was under government guidelines. i asked her what the signs were to start weaning and she described M to a T so I said so shall we start then as m is doing all those things - she didn't answer!

Also she kept on using M as an example of a child being about to use hand to mouth signals meaning they can perhaps eat a rusk (although again she stressed she didn't advise them as they are high in sugar) her point being they are learning the reflexs to be able to eat and how messy it gets but we should make it fun which I agree with. My point is why use M as an example then make it clear i should wait for another TWO months??!!

Anyway it has been a day of talking to robots too be honest I am going to keep BF for as long as I can as she has gained weight - tomorrow i could change my mind again!!

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Chilli" (Sep 12th 2006, 9:53pm)

Tuesday, September 12th 2006, 10:19pm

Robots is spot on Chilli! I went to a session on tooth care where the hygienist was telling us all to stop bottle feeding AND bf by the age of 12 months. In the same room was the HV who was advising we should continue to bf as long as possible. It was pointed out they were both offering conflicting advice and they couldn't answer, they just stood staring at each other! in the end we were advised to offer Expressed milk in a cup only after 12 months! what rubbish!!

Reg: Dec 23rd 2005

Wednesday, September 13th 2006, 12:14am

Sorry to hijack your post, but thought my Q was similar.

My DW is BF'ing both of ours and we are topping them up with formula.

Her problem is that they thrash around for a few seconds and then latch and could stay latched for up to an hour (two hours on a few occasions), they come off naturally and immediately cry. She tries to get them to latch on but they always come off within seconds as if they arent getting anything.

We then offer them formula which they they take and have at least 90 mls (3 oz) (they are 4 weeks old on Thursday)...

Are they getting enough BMilk? Surely not..

She also Expresses but we have never seen more than 30 mls and then it was almost 3 hours of expressing, so we have given up with that.
Male Factor - Bilateral Absence of Vas Deferens

Wednesday, September 13th 2006, 12:38am

I'm no expert Andy (Bells is though :D so she'll save the day) but is it that they stay latched on for hours and then come off, cry and when your DW tries to get them to latch on again they won't?

I'm not sure I can be of much help but at least I'm awake! I can only tell you my experience which is that in the early weeks DD would literally stay on 24 hours if she could (and did for the first few weeks more or less) she was starving and my body took a while to catch up with her demand. By constantly sucking she was sending signals for me to produce more milk, eventually I did. So its not uncommon for baby's to want to suck constantly, especially in the first few weeks when they are growing so much and the supply/demand bit isn't worked out yet. Unfortunately I haven't used ff so I can't help with giving mixed feeding but I'm sure lots of people on here have so someone will give you some advice soon.

re: the expressing - I didn't even try until DD was at least 8 weeks old - in my experience it was all I could do to satisfy her let alone express as well!

Chilli

Megastar

• United Kingdom

Wednesday, September 13th 2006, 7:32am

I agree with Primrose. BF is supply and demand so whatever they need will be produced. Is DW drinking enough water, resting snd eating well? I know all these things seem impossible at times but the best advise I had (from bells) was to stay in bed- food- water and baby till we established BF on demand and she was satisfied. I drink at least 4 pints a day and have a rest with DD in the afternoon.

I really do admire your DW one baby can be incredibly difficult to get to grips with let alone two. I am sure you have been Andy but give her lots of support, get her a glass of water when she is feeding rub her feet anything!

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Chilli" (Sep 13th 2006, 7:33am)

Chilli

Megastar

• United Kingdom

Wednesday, September 13th 2006, 7:36am

Sorry just to add expressing -DW needs sit oin a quiet room and look at a picture of the babies, or look at the babies this stimulates the milk ducts. If you are distracted or stressed nothing will come out!!!! As Primrose suggested though perhaps wait a bit longer till expressing.

Reg: Dec 23rd 2005

Wednesday, September 13th 2006, 7:54am

So, in summary, its worth sitting in for a few days and just breast feeding, whenever they need food, feed them and if it is more frequent then usual then so be it as the demand will increase the flow.

thanks!
Male Factor - Bilateral Absence of Vas Deferens

Bells

ADMINISTRATOR

United Kingdom

Wednesday, September 13th 2006, 10:00am

Absolutely spot on Andy. Mixed feeding is a catch 22 and is usually a stop gap until breastfeeding is given up entirely due to diminishing milk supply.

The more they suck at the breast the more M will produce but the more formula they take, the less they will suck at the breast the less milk M will produce. If you want to offer formula then the best way is to replace a total feed at a specific time rather than topping up each and every breastfeed.

Have to go out, sorry for the short reply.

Edited to add: Chilli's right, M could do with a babymoon. Send her up to bed with the babies, sort her out with books, magazines, a telly, a DVD player, a big bottle of water, some choc and bring her three really good meals a day. Two or three days of that and she'll be well on her way.

Wednesday, September 13th 2006, 7:05pm

Just a few thoughts from me, Andy:

If they're struggling to latch on at all, is it maybe because DW's boobs are very full? Sometimes a baby can struggle to get their mouths around a very turgid boob. If this might be the case, then she should try to hold/squeeze it so that it's flatter near the baby's mouth.

Do they start sucking properly, and does DW feel the let-down reflex? This can feel different for different people, but for me it feels like strong pins-and-needles all over both boobs. If she feels that, it would ensure that there is milk there.

This is the same thing for expressing. If you don't get the let-down reflex, then expressing can be a very slow laborious process. Thankfully, I get it every time and can express 3oz in less than 5 minutes from a full breast.

If they're crying after finishing a feed, do they need winding? Some babies can feel very uncomfortable lying down when they've finished feeding and need sitting up straight away.

My only other thought, to give a different angle from others, is that if your babies have got used to only getting a little bit of milk at a time, that they're snacking and never want big feeds because they never get really full or really hungry. I have found with both of my sons that by making feeds every 3 hours, and no closer, that yes they'll get hungry and cry a bit near feed-time but will then really go for it on the breast and drain the lot. This isn't the "on demand" thing, but also works really well. I think you'll find that Clare, mother of twins, might agree with me. Clare - what do you think? Literal "on demand" feeding with twins could mean that DW might as well sit on the sofa all day for months as a milking machine. ;) You would benefit from some structure if you want to ensure that they both feed at the same time even if it's a case of feeding one too whenever the other one has demanded it.

Wednesday, September 13th 2006, 9:22pm

Going back a few posts, Chilli, I think you asked about DS2's weight. He was weighed today and is 17lb 7oz at 18 weeks old. I feel somewhat justified in having started solids. :D

Chilli

Megastar

• United Kingdom

Friday, September 15th 2006, 8:57pm

yes I should think so Limpet! I haven't started as yet. last night was a bad one she woke 4 time but i didn't feed as much during the day, i had 7 mums and 7 babies round for lunch (all babies are BF thankfully!) so I was rushing around and M to busy showing off her foot in the mouth routine that she ony had 2 feeds in the afternoon.

She usually has at least 3 and a big feed before bed, this really noticed as she was hungry all night, going to check out what she is like tonight and if she feeds alot again i will start tomorrow.

Chilli

Megastar

• United Kingdom

Saturday, September 16th 2006, 9:23am

well it was a terrible night she wasn't this bad when she was new born! I don't think i got an hours solid sleep, yet all day she was feeding fine again!

so I gave her rice today just a tiny bit mixed with BM though most of it ended up on her bib she thought it was hysterical :D she did swallow a little bit but I suppose it's another thing to learn and it looks like ii's going to be fun trying ;)

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Chilli" (Sep 16th 2006, 9:23am)

Saturday, September 16th 2006, 11:08am

lol

to be honest, we never got rice to work either and in the end just skipped it and went straight to pureed fruit & vegetables :rolleyes:

Saz

Saturday, September 16th 2006, 4:04pm

Coming to this late but........ we atarted DD on baby rice on Wednesday!! We have had 2 weeks of extra feeds at night, culminating in 4 nights of up every 2 hours after hourly feeds thru the day!

Chilli

Megastar

• United Kingdom

Saturday, September 16th 2006, 8:26pm

Blimey Saz how did you cope with that?? How is R getting on?

Saturday, September 16th 2006, 9:46pm

Welcome Chilli and Saz to the other side of the "when shall we start solids" fence. 8) You can agonise for ages, but once you've made the step, I'm guessing you feel relieved that you've made the decision to go for it. Both of your bubs are showing so many signs that they're well and truly ready. Keep giving breastmilk and they've got good nutrition coming their way.

Chilli, you're right, it can take a few days to master the art of sending the food in and towards the throat rather than posting it straight out on the bib. At least M thinks it's fun, and that's important!

Saz, how heavy is R? I remember she was heavy at birth, but I'm wondering how heavy she is now? You're amazing to have persevered with a hundred extra feeds a day! 8o

Sunday, September 17th 2006, 2:43am

saz - oh lordy - that's a HUNGRY baby! no wonder 8o

Saz

Sunday, September 17th 2006, 9:17am

She isn't actually that heavy now, but is growing. She was 13lb 7oz 2 weeks ago. However, it does feel like she has pu on loads since then. She is still on 98th percentile for height tho.

Saz

Sunday, September 17th 2006, 9:19am

She does wolf down the rice tho!!! She goes mad if I aint quick enough giving her the next spoonful!!

Sunday, September 17th 2006, 9:29am

snigger :D

that is funny isnt it?!

Saz

Sunday, September 17th 2006, 9:36am

It is, but then I worry she is having too much and will have belly ache!! The first couple of days, we gave the teaspoon full with EBM. She wnated more tho!!

Bagpuss

Sunday, September 17th 2006, 10:28am

oh DS is getting to be a pudding then! He is now 14lb 8 oz at the last weigh & between the 25th centile & the next line. Mind I think he has grown a lot longer since his last measure so he's only got chubby legs but is still nice & streamlined elsewhere.

He is still sleeping through the night although very interested in our food & opening his mouth every time anything goes near. I might try him with some milk on the spoon to get him used to it. HV said if he's still sleeping through & puttin on weight to spin out weaning him as long as possible.

It's amazing how much he has come on though since he was born & below the 9the centile :D

Rose

Star

Reg: Oct 12th 2005

Children: now have little boy!

Sunday, September 17th 2006, 1:15pm

goodness he's done so well hasn't he? I hope you are a very proud mummy!

Bagpuss

Sunday, September 17th 2006, 1:17pm

I'm a very proud mummy! :D

Rose

Star

Reg: Oct 12th 2005

Children: now have little boy!

Sunday, September 17th 2006, 1:21pm

awww i've just noticed your ticker- how cute is he in his bumbo??????!!

Chilli

Megastar

• United Kingdom

Monday, September 18th 2006, 8:43pm

Quick update if anyone is interested of course :D

i havent weaned M yet, we had the rice thing a few days ago - well she didn't actually get any as it was everywhere but her mouth!

Anyway the reason being is my BF consellor, I called her about me doing the course and we got chatting about M and i told her what she has been doing at night, she seemed to think that M had changed her routine so wanting to sleep during the day and waking at night, that in fact she is not hungry but because I get up and see to her she associates me with food.

Her reasons for thinking this is M doesn't cry for food she wakes up and chats or rolls about quite happy on her own.

So I promised i would try and turn it around, which is what I have been doing this last few days, it's not been easy but i have been feeding and feeding her all day whenever I can and I have to say she is sleeping better during the night. She still goes to bed at 6.30pm and we get up at 7.30am. Last night she only woke once so hoping tonight she either does the same or stays asleep like she used to :D

So I might get a few more weeks out of her BF.

thank you again for all your advise xx

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE