You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Buzzbee

• "Buzzbee" started this thread

Reg: Apr 14th 2009

Children: A son and daughter - our family is complete :)

What's Up?
Absolutely love being a mum of 2 but OMG it is hard work and very tiring! Wouldn't change it for the world though :)

Wednesday, August 8th 2012, 8:38pm

What camera do you use?

Hi

I don't know about anyone else but since I had my son I have suddenly become obsessed with taking photos (of him!) but have realised that the more mobile he gets the more rubbish my current camera is!

So, I just wanted to know what camera you use to take photos of your children and if you can reommend any. I currently have a compact Samsung one (12mp) and it's good - but not for toddlers on the move!! I am always missing the moment when I take photos of my DS. He's not at an age yet where I can tell him to pose LOL!

I want a camera that when you press the button, not only does it take the photo instantly but it also takes a few shots at once IYSWIM. Someone suggested I get one that is good for sports because of the movement, and I think I need one that has continuous shooting ?o(

I don't have a massive budget, probably about £150. Surely I can get a decent camera for that price ?o( I don''t want to become a professional photographer or anything, I just want to capture these precious moments with a decent camera smile2

I am planning to call into a shop to ask for advice but thought it'd also be a good idea to ask other mums what they have.

Thanks,

x
An almost 4 year old son and a 21 month old daughter :)

Gracie

Reg: Jul 15th 2007

What's Up?
I now have double the trouble :)

Thursday, August 9th 2012, 12:47pm

I got fed up with missing the moment too so I bought a Panasonic Lumix DMC-GF3 on a bit of a whim just before Christmas. It's not very compact though and I'm afraid it wasn't that cheap. It's a bit like an SLR though and works brilliantly, it has a 'burst' setting and takes several shots at once and there is no delay. Have you got a Jessops near you? They are usually pretty helpful and if you are brave will probably do you a bit of a deal. If not, maybe think about a second hand SLR from E-Bay?

I think Nikon make something similar, but I've no idea how much it is. The trouble is there are so many to choose from! I would say look for something with a 'burst' mode though, probably lots of cameras have this now.

xx

United Kingdom

Reg: Mar 3rd 2012

Children: Hopefully one day

What's Up?
Gutted

Thursday, August 9th 2012, 1:00pm

I have a Nikon SLR and it's absolutely fantastic, but not cheap at all, I'm afraid.

Like Gracie says, it'd probably be best to go to Jessops and pick their brains for the best camera available for what you want it for within your budget. The staff there are usually very good.

Good luck!

Me and DH: 39. TTC since Dec 2007 - unexplained infertility. Started IVF Aug 2011: 6 failed cycles (4 fresh, 2 FET); 3 blastos on ice

MY DIARY

Bells

ADMINISTRATOR

United Kingdom

Thursday, August 9th 2012, 3:18pm

I have a Canon SLR a dinky Sony compact. They both take great pictures but there's no comparison when it comes to fast moving, instant and burst shots, the DSLR wins hands down and the difference in photo quality is total.

If your budget is rigid then I'd definitely look for a compact that has a sports or action setting (as this will take a faster picture without blur). For quicker snaps make sure your flash is off.

Bigger megapixel pictures take up more room on the camera so you'll need extra memory but you can edit your photos on your computer, zoom in and crop them so that a dodgy photo can be made to look a lot better.

Reg: Nov 29th 2010

Thursday, August 9th 2012, 9:16pm

Yeah just to add my bit....I bought DP a Cannon DSLR for christmas. It was £400ish so not cheap and I stressed about it for ages (there's so much choice and I worried about spending so much money). But now I see it as an investment and straight away we could tell that the picture quality was so much better. We have some great photo's of Harry and our old compact camera would just not have caught the moment. Anyway, as others have said, go into a jessops or ring them and ask for advise. There are some good compact camera's about but I don't know much about them. By the way, there are cheaper DSLR's but I went for a more expensive one as DP is quite keen on photography. Hope you manage to find something x

Buzzbee

• "Buzzbee" started this thread

Reg: Apr 14th 2009

Children: A son and daughter - our family is complete :)

What's Up?
Absolutely love being a mum of 2 but OMG it is hard work and very tiring! Wouldn't change it for the world though :)

Wednesday, August 15th 2012, 2:04pm

Well I have found a camera and it's fab!! The Panasonic Lumix TZ18. It does exactly what I wanted and has the burst mode that one of you mentioned. It was pretty cheap too - £140 so thankfully didn't have to spend loads on one of those fancy DSLRs.

The photos look so much clearer and it has so many options to play with to make the photos look even better. Loads of scene modes and it explains what each one does on screen.

Thanks for all your input xx
An almost 4 year old son and a 21 month old daughter :)

Gracie

Reg: Jul 15th 2007

What's Up?
I now have double the trouble :)

Wednesday, August 15th 2012, 8:10pm

:thumbsup: Great stuff!

Me - 40 AMH 1.79, DH - 45
TTC since 04/06
6 x TX to date, inc 2 DIVF in Barcelona

One early loss, 04/09
Freya Grace arrived on 6/11/10 - Perfect at 6lb and 1/2 oz

Amazing natural :BFP: on 12/02/12