You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

• "jen84288" started this thread

Reg: Aug 24th 2008

Children: 2 daughters

Thursday, August 9th 2012, 10:26am

pain in just one nipple? 5 days into breastfeeding

My second little girl made her appearance on 5th august :) I really struggled to feed my first daughter - i was incredibly stressed and lydia was very wakeful and feeding every hour. I am thankful that this little girl is very sleepy and is feeding very well so far! I am feeding her on demand which works out to be about every 2.5 hrs and i have not really experienced any soreness until now. From what i remember i developed bleeding and cracked nipples with my first child after a couple of days but this time it isnt this bad. I am experiencing pain for the first 15/20 seconds after her latching on in just my right nipple. The pain then subsides but there are times during the feed that it feels uncomfortable. Everytime i see a mw i have had her check her latch and they always say it looks good. Is this pain normal? just really paranoid that it will develop into extremely sore nipples like with my first.

DH poor motility-Excellent SA following change in diet
BFP:26.09.08

Curlytails

GLOBAL MODERATOR

United Kingdom

Reg: Apr 18th 2010

Children: One gorgeous boy

What's Up?
:baby:

Thursday, August 9th 2012, 1:32pm

Congratulations on your new little lady. I had a painful nipple when I first started feeding but it went after a week or so. I think it just took longer than the other one to get used to it. Hopefully you won't have the problems that you did last time.

ps if you haven't found it yet come and say hello here: NEW PARENT CHAT THREAD

x

6 x IVF, 3 x FET
3 x MMC, 3 x :BFN:, 1 x failed thaw
Two gorgeous boys.

Reg: Aug 1st 2009

Children: 4 boys 3 living 1 deceased

What's Up?
Life is getting there - mainly good days

Thursday, August 9th 2012, 4:07pm

i had that too with my youngest. it seemed hed preferred the one that didnt hurt though. didnt latch as well on the one that did.

i found a tube of lanisoh really helped. but also, could m/w check maybe that there is no signs of mastistis. dont think there is for a minute, so please dont worry/panic. just checking everything working properly as it should.

but above all enjoy your baby#

xxxx
s
After a long hard infertility journey, i am now reluctantly done

Reg: Nov 29th 2010

Thursday, August 9th 2012, 9:23pm

Lansinoh!! And if that doesn't help you could try Kamillosan as I found that better when I was very sore. Congratulations on your new arrival and well done for BF. It is very hard. It sounds to me like the latch isn't quite right - even though the MW's say it is. Maybe experiment with different positions. It does take a while to get the latch and positioning right. The pain on latching is quite common in the early days but if it's starting to hurt during the feed, try unlatching her and re-positioning if you can. The first weeks (months in my case) can be really hard - but it does get easier and more comfortable. Do you have any BF support groups nearby? I went to loads of them and they are useful as lots of other mums there that can help. Good luck x

Saturday, August 11th 2012, 8:08am

thanks ladies :) got some lansinoh. I think its a combination of a couple of things...it seems when my breasts are really full it hurts more so i have been expressing an ounce before feeds if they look really engorged. Also i started getting shooting pains so went to the dr and he seemed to think it could be the early stages of thrush (which is what i suspected when i was getting shooting pains) and i have been given some caneston. xxx

Reg: Nov 29th 2010

Saturday, August 11th 2012, 11:01am

Oh Jen - I hope it's not thrush. Sounds like it if you have shooting pains. I battled with it for months. Good that you have a doc that recognises it though as mine didn't really believe it exsisted. If the canesten doesn't sort it you will need fluconazole tablets. PM me if you want any further info. Hope it gets better soon xx

Reg: Sep 10th 2010

What's Up?
Tired but happy!

Saturday, August 11th 2012, 11:24pm

I had thrush and it sucked! I had daktarin cream for nipples and gel for their mouths and you don't have to remove the cream before feeds.
I also used multi-mam compresses which were soothing and also don't need to be wiped off prior to feeds,
[zx102]

IUI Nov 09 BFN ..... 1st ICSI Oct 10 BFP m/c 8weeks ;( ..... 2nd ICSI June 11 [zx076] [zx076]
MY DIARY

Valentine's day twins 2012
And a surprise DS 27/1/15

Monday, August 13th 2012, 7:00pm

thanks rocky / fuzzybee
The pain seems alot better - perhaps not thrush but im using caneston just incase. I think i was insistent of getting some sort of treatment and as they were slightly cracked i think he thought it may be thrush. im just scared because i had a bad case of it with dd1. but as mentioned seems to be alot better - just occasional pain when she's latching. Day 9 of feeding now and it does seem to be going alot better this time than it did with dd1 xxx

Reg: May 30th 2010

Monday, August 13th 2012, 10:05pm

Hope it's not trush I also had pain in one nipple the one i used first when she was born. Kept putting cream on it and it got better when we both got more experienced :)

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE