You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

• "Natural_Horse" started this thread

Reg: May 28th 2009

Monday, September 3rd 2012, 3:43pm

Converting to a toddler bed and converting to duvets

Advice please ladies...

My LO is 20 months and when she turns 2, I plan to convert her cot to a bed (we have a cotbed). She has also been in sleeping bags since about 3 months old and hates having blankets on her.

So I was wondering, what comes first? Should I get my LO to get used to a duvet first in the cot or should I just give a duvet with the new 'big girl's bed'? Or is that too much change for her to cope with?

Also, how do I know that she is ready for a bed? Is there a right or wrong time? She really wriggles around in the cot and can be found in a 100 different positions each night - always facing a different direction! Should I wait for her to stop moving around so much during the night - will that even happen if I don't intervene?

Also I don't need to change the cot to a bed, I just have 24 months marked as a milestone and one way to show that she is a little girl and not a baby is to get her into a bed instead of a cot. She is such a great sleeper and I do wonder if I'll be tempting fate...

What do you ladies think? Please feel free to share your thoughts and past experiences.

United Kingdom

Reg: Dec 22nd 2008

Children: Beautiful twin daughters and two grown up stepdaughters

Monday, September 3rd 2012, 3:56pm

I'm putting it off as long as possible. As nice as it will be to have big girls who don't sleep in a cot, I know my LOs won't stay in bed, so I am leaving them in their cots for as long as it is safe to do so. For me, the cut off point will be when the realise they can climb out! I have caught one with a leg over the side so far, so I know it won't be too long.

When I do switch mine to cotbeds, I am still deciding between inflatable dream tubes and traditional sides so I would be interested to hear the pros and cons between the two.

I gave mine a duvet and pillow a few months ago (when DD2 stated taking off her sleeping bag and everything else with it) and they did find it quite a change. I would definitely make the changes gradually.
Newly Wed

ICSI December 2008 - chemical pregnancy
ICSI May 2009 - BFN
FET September 2009 - BFP
Beautiful twin girls born 30 April 2010

Dusky7

FORUM MENTOR

Reg: Aug 12th 2008

Children: Two beautiful little girls, so so lucky!! :)

What's Up?
:hello:

Monday, September 3rd 2012, 4:20pm

I would try her with a duvet in the cotbed for a bit if you are worried. I took our sides off just before DD was two and gave her a duvet and she loved it. I used the dream tubes which were fantastic. Quite pricey but got them half price on eBay. She loved them, very easy to climb in and out of. I was so worried she would be doing it all through the night but not at all. The transition was far easier than I had envisaged. I say just try what you feel is best and if it doesn't work you can always put the sides back on for a while... Good luck xx

1st ICSI - Oct 08 - :BFP:!!! DD born July 2009 : D
1st FET - May 11 - BFN :-(
2nd FET - Sept 11 - BFN :bawl:
3rd FET - Jan 12 - :BFP: DD2 born October 2012

DUSKY'S FET DIARY

Monday, September 3rd 2012, 4:28pm

Thank you both for your replies.

I was thinking of trying the stay-on duvet sets by the Gro Company and maybe a bedrail (when I convert). I think the biggest struggle will be getting her used to the duvet as she hates having even a light blanket over her.

And my LO does try to climb out of the cot but isn't agile enough yet. I have seen her try and get out of her cot by piling her toys up at a corner and stepping on them. Lucky she can't get a leg over yet! On the other hand, she does also try to climb into her cot as well. There's a ride on zebra next to her bed that she stands on and tries to climb over the railings!! What a monkey!

Reg: Aug 18th 2012

Children: 1 son who has just turned 3

Monday, September 3rd 2012, 6:42pm

We moved my little one when he started getting his arms and legs stuck he was about 18 months we did haves rail and he hated it we then put a double duvet on the floor(he also had a cot bed ) and they are so low to the floor he almost just rolled across we used to find him asleep on it. He also had the same problem with the duvet and we brought him a kids sleeping bag( like the one for camping) and he loved it now is 3 and loves his duvet and has moved on to a single bed!
Hope this helps.

Redwillows second climb of the horse My Diary

iui :BFN: X2

Ivf October 2008 :BFP: 1 beautiful baby1 10th July 2009

September start for number 2 :BFP: [zx076] seen 7+3 , 12+3 ,16+5,21+4 and 28 bab21

Jasper

Reg: Feb 5th 2009

Children: A boy and girl - ICSI and a natural miracle!

What's Up?
soooooo happy!!!!!!

Monday, September 3rd 2012, 7:06pm

I am having a similar problem! My DS can climb out but knowing that his little sister is in our room I can imagine he will come in to us as soon as he wakes if he was in a bed. We don't have a stairgate on his door (yet!) as I can't find one narrow enough I know we need to make the move but not sure I can cope with any less sleep! At the moment he goes up to bed at 7 but most nights he doesn't settle til 8. I imagine this would be worse if he had acces to the whole room.Oh what to do???? ?o(

Jaspers Journey-My Diary

Feb 15 Shock BFP (8 o)

taxihome

United Kingdom

Monday, September 3rd 2012, 7:19pm

Gosh this to come. But if I remember correctly the duvet came first, then the bed with bars then the bars off.
Good luck hon. No doubt I shall blink and then Mimi will be old enough for me to do this too. X

[zx071]
2 x man boys -MC,Ectopic IVF x 4 Natural BFP/Born sleeping 22/WksRIP LO
Jan/11:ICSI:BFP: bab21 [zx115] Our dream has finally come true
MY DIARY

Flic

Italy Poland

Reg: May 8th 2008

Children: Had my first daughter on 25th February 2010!

What's Up?
Stressed.

Monday, September 3rd 2012, 10:03pm

I moved to a cotbed before O realised she could get out because I didn't want her to realise that she could get out of her bed!!

I went for the full change. Botbed and duvet. Made sure she was warm. Tucked the duvet under the sides of the mattress and padded the floor out. She fell out twice before she got it.

We're in a single bed now!! More room, no falling out!

Our miracle was born on 25.02.2010!!

Wednesday, September 5th 2012, 2:36pm

Thanks ladies for the comments. Your advice and experiences really helps.

Flic - did your LO move around a lot in the cot before you changed to a bed or was she fairly still when asleep?

Also when she goes to bed, my LO gets read a story to and she uses that time to run around her cot, throwing toys at us, dancing, jumping up and down, singing etc. It's really only when we leave the room that she will lie down and go to sleep. Hmmm.... the more I think about it, the more I want to delay the transition as she is as good as gold but I'm not sure that will convert to a bed without bars!

One thing I am thankful for is that her room is childproof and there's a stair gate at her door. She has complete access to her toys though - maybe I should remove them from her room for awhile?

biggreeneyes

Reg: Mar 24th 2009

Children: A little boy :)

What's Up?

Wednesday, September 5th 2012, 2:55pm

I would wait until you really have to!!! My DS climbed and fell out so the side came off pronto and he then proceeded not to settle to sleep on his own anymore as he thought it more funny to get up out of bed and follow me out as soon as my back was turned!!! So unless you are ready for that and then seriously time consuming sleep training then i would keep LO in a cotbed for now!! I think the older they are, the more you can bargain with them and use more rewards etc to keep them in bed, whereas the younger they are they don't always quite understand this yet.

My DS is in a sleeping bag still and like your LO loves his sleeping bag and doesn't get on with blankets etc.. He sleeps on the duvet cover at the moment and im not sure how im going to eventually get him under the covers instead!! I thought about buying the little toy bed from ikea and then playing games with his teddies to get him into the idea of it. Its hard to know what to do!! I do know some people who use a duvet in the cot though. Then when they transition to a bed its easy.

Good luck with whatever you decide to do :)

goodgreen

April 09-IVF-BFN :sadface:
Oct 09-ICSI - BFP :happy: - Little boy born on 14/07/10
June 12-ICSI - BFN :sadface:
Oct 12 - ICSI - BFP - followed by mm/c (blighted ovum) :sadface:
April 13 - ICSI - BFN :sadface:
Aug 13 - ICSI - BFN :sadface:
Jan 14 - ICSI - BFN :sadface:
Oct 14 - FET - BFN (surprise surprise) :sadface:

Greeny's trying for another little froggie diary!

Reg: Aug 18th 2012

Children: 1 son who has just turned 3

Wednesday, September 5th 2012, 7:31pm

When thinking about getting them to stay in bed I cannot praise the gro clock highly enough I got one for my son at 18 months told him he cannot get up before the sun he will not get out of bed till 7:20 (when the sun comes up) I even hear him sometimes sitting there saying come on sun I am waiting!!! It was the best £30 I ever spent he was a 6:30 riser and within 2 days he waited till the sun!!

Redwillows second climb of the horse My Diary

iui :BFN: X2

Ivf October 2008 :BFP: 1 beautiful baby1 10th July 2009

September start for number 2 :BFP: [zx076] seen 7+3 , 12+3 ,16+5,21+4 and 28 bab21

biggreeneyes

What's Up?

Wednesday, September 5th 2012, 8:12pm

Red willow that is amazing! I bet my DS wouldn't do that..but I think I'll have to give it a go!

goodgreen

Jasper

What's Up?
soooooo happy!!!!!!

Wednesday, September 5th 2012, 8:21pm

Let us know how you get on BGE as you know my little boy is the same as yours!!!

Jaspers Journey-My Diary

Feb 15 Shock BFP (8 o)

biggreeneyes

What's Up?

Wednesday, September 5th 2012, 10:12pm

lmao Jasper. They are night naughty twinnies ;)

We've been doing loads of gradual retreat which wi working well but has taken a bout a month so far and we aren't out of the room yet!! Now we are moving house so no doubt that will disrupt it loads too....ho hum :?:

goodgreen

Reg: Jun 10th 2009

Children: Two perfect 3yr olds

Friday, September 7th 2012, 10:33pm

Really interesting reading. I am thinking of trying my two in beds from 2nd birthday. I just know it is going to be a nightmare though, but I have to do it sometime. Love the idea of the clock, i think oscar would love that, but emilia would not be so easily conned, she already has an answer for everything and hates being told what to do!

I would love to see update and tips from anyone else about to try going through this. I suspect I will have to get used to two little people tottering through to our room in the middle of the night for a while, so advice appreciated.

Good luck to you all......thanks for asking the question Natural Horse.

Jannie
Aug 09 - IUI - BFN
; Oct 09 - ICSI - BFN; Jan 10 - ICSI cancelled;
DICSI in Valencia Mar10 :BFP:
Jannie's Diary
Oscar and Emilia born 8th November 2010

biggreeneyes

What's Up?

Saturday, September 8th 2012, 6:57am

Jannie

Don't rush it. That's my advice. LOL!

My DS didn't get up in the middle of the night actually and still cries out from his bed. But it was the putting to bed which was the nightmare and took forever and tested my patience big time. I was advised to take him back to bed very time he got up which was as soon as I'd turned my back and eft the room!! We did this for 5 nights for 1-1.5 hrs each night and then ended up giving up cos we wre just too tired at the end of the day and the time it was taking was not reducing as the texts book say. We then ended up in there next to his bed and so since then have had to wean him off having us there to go to sleep. Honestly, don't rush it. Generally I think they are better equipped to make the move to a bed when they are older if they are not outgrowing their cot or climbing out.

Hope their sleeping has improved again honey :cuddle

goodgreen

Curlytails

GLOBAL MODERATOR

United Kingdom

Reg: Apr 18th 2010

Children: One gorgeous boy

What's Up?
:baby:

Saturday, September 8th 2012, 7:29am

When thinking about getting them to stay in bed I cannot praise the gro clock highly enough I got one for my son at 18 months told him he cannot get up before the sun he will not get out of bed till 7:20 (when the sun comes up) I even hear him sometimes sitting there saying come on sun I am waiting!!! It was the best £30 I ever spent he was a 6:30 riser and within 2 days he waited till the sun!!

My sister swears by them as well. Her two have had them since they were tiny and don't get up until 7am.... even on Christmas day!!!!

6 x IVF, 3 x FET
3 x MMC, 3 x :BFN:, 1 x failed thaw
Two gorgeous boys.

Reg: Oct 6th 2009

Children: One daughter born Feb '11

Saturday, September 8th 2012, 8:32am

my dd started launching herself out of her cot at around 17 months - so we went to kiddi care and she loved the peppa pig cot bed that was out on display. She got in it, pulled the cover over herself and tried to sleep in the shop. It was quite a task getting her out and away. We decided to get this bed as she loved it so much and all the bedding you can get with it. She already sleeps with a duvet in her cot and either sleeps with it on her or sleeps on top of it. This was about 1 and 1/2 months ago now and she still hasn't spent a night in the cot bed but we are hoping to gradually get her into it. I love the fact that it is so low to the ground and has quite wide barriers along the side. All the other cot beds seemed more narrow although i'm sure it was an illusion.

United Kingdom

Reg: Sep 24th 2006

Children: Three gorgeous daughters!

Saturday, September 8th 2012, 11:00pm

Our DD1 went into a big bed at 2 years and 4 months, that was only because we needed her cotbed for DD2. I had previously put a duvet in her cotbed but she always laid on top of it, she did the same in her single bed so I had to cover her up for a while until she got the hang of it.

A baby gate on the bedroom door is essential IMO, one of us forgot to close it one night and she came bursting into our room like it was Christmas morning at 2 am one night. We did have a week or two of her being so excited she had a free run in her bedroom she used to loon around and not go to sleep until far later than normal, we left her to it unless she was noisy in which case she got put back to bed supernanny style.

Jasper

What's Up?
soooooo happy!!!!!!

Sunday, September 9th 2012, 6:44am

They are on offer in Argos at the moment at £20!

Jaspers Journey-My Diary

Feb 15 Shock BFP (8 o)

Sunday, September 9th 2012, 8:52pm

Oh thanks for the info about the clock Jasper. From these reviews I am going to invest in one and if it's on offer - great!

Buzzbee

Reg: Apr 14th 2009

Children: A son and daughter - our family is complete :)

What's Up?
Absolutely love being a mum of 2 but OMG it is hard work and very tiring! Wouldn't change it for the world though :)

Monday, September 10th 2012, 8:00pm

Can I just ask, when you converted to a duvet what tog did you go for? I am planning on getting one for the autumn / winter months plus I want DS to get use to it before I think about turning his cot into a bed (which will be a long way off if I can help it judging by everyones posts LOL!). I have browsed the web and it seems 4.5 tog is the one most mums go for but wanted to check with the lovely mums on here too.

Can anyone recommend a duvet, and pillows too?

Thanks x
An almost 4 year old son and a 21 month old daughter :)

Wednesday, September 12th 2012, 11:24am

Good question Buzzbee! I too have looked and 4.5 tog seems to be the recommendation, so that's what I am going for.

I'll be using the stay on duvet from the gro company and that is 4.5 tog.

Flic

Italy Poland

What's Up?
Stressed.

Wednesday, September 12th 2012, 1:44pm

Depends on the size of bed. If you're using a toddler bed no more than 4.5 tog. On a single bed obviously you can use a higher tog.

Think its because the smaller beds keep the heat in rather than the bigger beds. Or something like that anyway :D

United Kingdom

Wednesday, September 12th 2012, 3:49pm

We went to a hotel last weekend and DD1 absolutely refused to sleep in the travel cot and I ended up sleeping on the sofa! In fairness, she was too big for the cot and her head and feet were touching both ends, but it was a complete nightmare. We are just about to go off on holiday for 2 weeks and I can't expect her to sleep in a travel cot all that time so I am going to put them both in beds. I am hoping that being away from home will distract them from the change. I have bought Dream Tubes inflatable bedguards which are small enough to pack.

I'll let you know how we get on.

PS. I bought a 4.5 tog for mine and it is absolutely fine all year round.
Newly Wed

ICSI May 2009 - BFN
FET September 2009 - BFP

Buzzbee

Reg: Apr 14th 2009

Children: A son and daughter - our family is complete :)

What's Up?
Absolutely love being a mum of 2 but OMG it is hard work and very tiring! Wouldn't change it for the world though :)

Wednesday, September 12th 2012, 4:04pm

Thanks for the replies.

It's a cot bed so I have purchased a 4.5 tog toddler duvet off Amazon. Flic - I read that too after doing some research, thanks.

Those inflatable dream tubes sound good. Be interested to know how they are as we go on holiday next May. Failing that I will just put a mattress on the floor in the villa and that way it won't be a big fall for him ;)
An almost 4 year old son and a 21 month old daughter :)

Jasper

What's Up?
soooooo happy!!!!!!

Wednesday, September 12th 2012, 5:47pm

Newlywed we had a similr thing at the weekend! DS is too big for the travel cot so we got him a ready bed at 9pm he was still running riot in the hotel room so DH had to take him out in the pushchair (in the rain!) to get him to sleep! DS woke at 5.15am jumped up and woke DD before I had chance to stop him! It was very long day and we didn't stay for the second night that we had booked!!! At home he is still in a cotbed and I am dreading taking the sides off and will definitly be putting a stairgate on his room!!! Arghh!!! :pullhair:

Jaspers Journey-My Diary

Feb 15 Shock BFP (8 o)

Thursday, September 20th 2012, 9:06pm

Hello Natural Horse. Quick update on progress with my two.

Moved to duvets last weekend, both love them and only once have I found E lying without duvet covering her.

Put Dream Tubes on their beds tonight, without taking cot sides off. Going to have them sleep like that for 2 days and then take sides off - but have moved both cots to have one side against a wall. had them in room this evening when I put them on and let them play in their cots for 10mins after on (they pretend to sleep and clap hands to wake each other up - an ongoing game we have when preparing room for bedtime) so they knew that something new was in their beds. So far both sleeping soundly.

Got a Gro Clock too. Both love it and insist on both pressing button to get 'stars-night-night' as they say.

So far move to beds going great, so recommend giving it a go. Might all go horribly wrong when cot sides come off - will let you know.

Jannie
Aug 09 - IUI - BFN
Jannie's Diary

Friday, September 21st 2012, 10:00pm

Thanks for the update Janniewall - sounds like real positive steps forward!!!

I bought the Gro Clock too but haven't opened it yet - may save it for Christmas. I have stopped using the twinkle tog (sleeping bag) though and have started on blankets. It seems to have stopped her wriggling so much. Instead of sleeping in a hundred different directions during the night, she is staying facing the same way and is accepting of the blankets. Had hoped to buy the Gro Stay On Duvet at the end of the month but it's sold old and new stock not expected until November - gutted!!!

Jannine - when do the sides come off?

Saturday, September 22nd 2012, 9:23pm

Sides off tonight! Fingers crossed.

We took them off in front of the toots this afternoon and let them lie in their beds and showed them how to climb out over the Dream Tubes.

Emilia went to bed and just went straight to sleep. Oscar always goes to sleep on sofa and then gets put to bed, he was fine too.

Suspect I may have an update tomorrow, but so far so good!!!!

Jannie
Aug 09 - IUI - BFN
Jannie's Diary

biggreeneyes

What's Up?

Sunday, September 23rd 2012, 9:00pm

Intrigued to know how the night went Jannie? :)

goodgreen

United Kingdom

Sunday, September 23rd 2012, 9:31pm

We are on holiday and I've put them in beds with Dream Tubes without making a fuss about it and it has been absolutely fine. Felt terrible because DD1 fell out the first night but only because I hadn't blown the Dream Tube up firmly enough. Although they are climbing on and off the beds during the day, they have stayed put at nap time and all night, and don't seem to realise they can get out.

I must admit that I haven't been sleeping at all well because I'm worried about them falling out as its a hard tile floor, and I've been going into them as soon as they wake up in the morning rather than leaving them for a while as I usually do , but at home with carpet they should be fine.
Newly Wed

ICSI May 2009 - BFN
FET September 2009 - BFP

Monday, September 24th 2012, 1:50pm

Jannine - how did it go?

Newlywed - wow!!! Very impressed with how easy it seems to have gone for you!! Well done and hopefully it works once back at home. I completely understand the rubbish sleep though. I have just started using blankets instead of sleeping bag, so am constantly up at night checking to see if she is still covered!! I reckon I would be ten times worse when it's a bed!

Saturday, September 29th 2012, 10:54pm

Going really well. However....

On Friday morning I went through to bedroom and could not find Emilia, so commenced a mad search of upstairs rooms (though we made a point is shutting bathroom doors etc at night so only our bedroom door open) after 10 mins of frantic searching we found her fast asleep on the floor under her cot!! My heart stopped completely for most of the time before we found her.

Also found Oscar on the floor on Thursday during the night.

All-in-all however, things have been ok. Emilia loves being put to bed at night and waves goodbye with screams of 'nat-nat' and immediately settles. Plus for the first time she came through to our room this morning without us even knowing she was awake. She was shouting 'up mummy, up daddy'

Oscar still ends up in our bed every night, he just won't settle after he wakes (which he inevitably does) unless he is cuddling into me. He is such a softie compared to his sister. I need to start putting him back to his bed, but at the moment I am just happy to have one toot awake and not have him get his sister up too, both up at the same time is a nightmare, especilly if DH is away on business. But he seems happy in his cot with sides off for the 4-6hrs he is there a night.

Between that and Emilia deciding the 'no more nappies mummy' time has come and she has now gone 3wks without nappies during the day with only 2 accidents- I feel my babies are growing up far far far too fast!

xx

Jannie
Aug 09 - IUI - BFN
Jannie's Diary

United Kingdom

Sunday, September 30th 2012, 9:17am

Mine have finally figured it out - I had to remove them from each other's beds a dozen times last night!
Newly Wed

ICSI May 2009 - BFN
FET September 2009 - BFP

Jasper

What's Up?
soooooo happy!!!!!!

Thursday, October 18th 2012, 8:20am

Well, we made the big move this week! I hope I am not tempting fate by saying that after 2 nights he has nit got out of bed once! He shouts for daddy when he wakes up and when DH went in he was still in bed. I am absolutely amazed! We had been putting it off for a while and waiting til DD was sleeping well. We took he side off of the cot in the afternoon and let DS 'help' which I really think has made a difference. We have stayed with him while he gets off to sleep so that will be the next hurdle! :)

biggreeneyes

What's Up?

Thursday, October 18th 2012, 9:15am

Hi Jasper, well done :D

I hope he continues. My Ds got out of bed the first night and played til he got back on and went to sleep, then the next couple of nights he played again, then he didnt get out for a couple of weeks.....he then realised he could get up and follow us out the room..arghhh! Sitting with him and gradually retreating will work well i think so continue with that :D They like to be involved. I was thinking of taking DS's other side off now and putting the lower bed end on - all with his help too :D He watched DH put together our new spare bed and was very excited about the NEW bed :D

goodgreen

Thursday, October 18th 2012, 2:54pm

Thanks for continuing to share your experiences ladies. The duvet set I have my eye on is out of stock until next month, so once that's available I will get it and then will make a big song and dance about converting to her bed on her birthday (boxing day). Not that far away!

I must admit I am more concerned about naps than bedtime as she is good at night but for the day she may jump around her cot for awhile before settling to go to sleep.

I have my Gro Clock at the ready though!

Flic

Italy Poland

What's Up?
Stressed.

Thursday, October 18th 2012, 7:00pm

Now I was a meanie. I just shut the door and left my LO to it. She kicked off and tried to get out but when ah realised he couldn't open the door and I wasn't going to cave she went and got back into bed! Now she waits in bed till I come get her! She obviously gets out because yesterday she had her slippers on when I went through but she stays in her room playing or singing.

I felt terrible but now she will sleep anywhere and knows she doesn't get out of bed cos there's no point!!

Jasper

What's Up?
soooooo happy!!!!!!

Thursday, October 18th 2012, 7:16pm

Unfortunately my LO can open the doors so we may have to get a stair gate if things go pear shaped and he decides to pay us midnight visits!!! I have cut his daytime naps down so tht he is extra tired!!

Flic

Italy Poland

What's Up?
Stressed.

Thursday, October 18th 2012, 7:39pm

Mine could so I held the door shut. I am a terrible mother!!

Seriously though, did the trick. Don't have a stairgate on or anything now!!

Jasper

What's Up?
soooooo happy!!!!!!

Thursday, October 18th 2012, 8:20pm

Oh I havent got the patience for that!!! Its more the middle of the night and early morning I am expecting problems, especially as he knows his sister is asleep in our room!

Reg: Feb 9th 2010

Children: 1 perfect boy born after icsi tx

Thursday, October 18th 2012, 10:37pm

: D Flic, love it, both the slippers and holding the door closed. Gave me a right giggle x

FET JAN 2012 - 2 embies :BFN:
2 still on ice for another day xfingers

My Diary

Flic

Italy Poland

What's Up?
Stressed.

Thursday, October 18th 2012, 11:02pm

I felt awful. I cried and everything. But really was the best thing for us. I am no good on little or no sleep. Result is a daughter who takes herself to bed when she's tired about 6.15pm and doesn't get up till 8.00am the next day!! If she wakes up earlier she knows to stay in there and she plays and does whatever :D

And I know she didn't have the slippers on because I took them off her in the night when I found she'd managed to find them in the pitch black and put them on the right feet!!

Thursday, November 1st 2012, 11:56am

Hi ladies,

How is it all going? I am going to bite the bullet and do this in the next couple of weeks. Just waiting on a duvet set to be delivered and for my LO to get over her latest illness.

Jasper

What's Up?
soooooo happy!!!!!!

Thursday, November 1st 2012, 12:58pm

Amazingly well! He gets out of bed when he wakes from his afternoon nap but, has never got up during the night or in the morming, he just waits for us to go in. I think it helps that its dark! I have been completely shocked, I thought he would be running in to us at the first oppertunity but he doesn't. Good luck!

Friday, November 2nd 2012, 1:28pm

Good luck Natural Horse. My two are doing OK with cot sides off. Emilia is great, stays in bed all night and sings in the morning until we go and get her.............Oscar is a different story, I cave and when he wakes up during the night I take him in with me, sleep is just too precious at the moment to waste on trying to settle him, get him back to bed only for him to waken again 2hr later. That will be dealt with over the xmas hols.

however, both only fell out of bed once, no more accidents. Both now keep duvet over them. All in all I think it has been a success and expected far far worse.

So good luck and hope you LO enjoys feeling a bit more grown up!

Jannie
Aug 09 - IUI - BFN
Jannie's Diary

Saturday, November 3rd 2012, 2:31pm

Isn't it typical - Lily has been the perfect sleeper almost from day one and this week (due to illness and the start of the terrible twos I think) she has turned into a nightmare. Has a tantrum if you even say the word bed and is hysterical in the middle of the night. Currently doing some tough love, controlled crying. If she reverts back to old sleeping habits in a couple of days then next weekend the cot comes down. If she doesn't revert and this is the new normal - then cot stays up until she's 18 and I invest in a good pair of earplugs! Lol

biggreeneyes

What's Up?

Saturday, November 3rd 2012, 3:02pm

If she's ill it's bound to affect her sleep though :(. Hope she's better soon.

goodgreen

Wednesday, November 7th 2012, 9:44pm

Natural Horse, we have been through that one with Emilia and are going through it again this week with her. If she gets a really bad cold, we have to pick her up in the night to stop her coughing. After a couple of days of this her usually wonderful sleep pattern becomes a nightmare (she is lying asleep on the sofa next to me now after a screaming fit). So as soon as her cold goes my earplugs are going in too. Last time it took 4 days of controlled crying to get her back to normal sleep pattern. In that time I am not sure who cried more, her or me............me due to sleep deprivation and the thoughts of being a horrendous mother ignoring the cries of 'Mummy, mummy, mummy.........' I think I will need a good bottle of wine to get me through this weekend because I know it will be the same again.

What I wanted to say however, is that it will be short lived, you just have to suffer through it for a few days and then all will return to normal.........
x

Jannie
Aug 09 - IUI - BFN
Jannie's Diary