You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

GH1829

• "GH1829" started this thread

Reg: Oct 15th 2012

Children: No children

Monday, October 15th 2012, 11:52am

Exceptional funding?!

Hi all. Just a question I wondered whether any1 would know? I've been looking everywhere but still ain't got a clue.

Bit of background, me and hubby been trying to conceive for 2 years and are in the last stages of a transfer for ivf, only problem we have is mean Dh has a child from a previous relationship we are not eligible for nhs funding...I on the other hand have no children! At our last gyno appt he told us that he was going to write to local pct to see about exceptional funding.. I never even knew you could do this (shows how clued up I am lol) the reason being my Dh had a motorbike accident 6 years ago resulting in breaking his back..something to do with the plasma making sperm poor! Now he said dont get our hopes up as he has only known of 1 or 2 being accepted.

My question is does any1 know what they would consider as 'exceptional'?

Thanks to advance. We have fertility appt at hospital end of this month to see if we're accepted or not. Xx

Rachael*

United Kingdom

Reg: Sep 22nd 2010

Children: Two boys & One girl :)

What's Up?
Keep growing little baby :pray:
Mummy & Daddy love you xx

Monday, October 15th 2012, 2:41pm

Hi GH1829
I know every area is different, i come from Bedfordshire & we were given funding even though i have two children from a previous partner & my husband has one from his ex wife. But as we dont have any kids together we were given funding. Three fresh three frozen .
Hope you get it sorted out .
starsmile Rachael's Diary

FET August 2014 = :BFP: bab10

GH1829

Monday, October 15th 2012, 3:14pm

Thanks for your reply Rachael, that's great you got your funding :) We are in suffolk and apparently before last year any couple with no children from the current relationship was given funding, but a new criteria was brought in beginning of this year that if any of us have a living child from previous relationship then we are not eligible :( which seems abit unfair considering I haven't even been pregnant let alone have a child of my own and my Dh son is 13 and doesn't live with us.

Hoping they will give us funding but got a funny feeling they won't... Not sure what is classed as an exception to them.

Thanks again for reply :)

xx

Maria72

Italy

What's Up?
ohffs

Monday, October 15th 2012, 5:38pm

Hi GH1829,
I am in Suffolk too. My understanding is that here you don't get funding if either you have children from previous relationship living with you. As you DH's doesn't live with you you might still be considered.
Good luck!

GH1829

Tuesday, October 16th 2012, 12:00am

Hi Maria, thanks for your message. We are hoping that will be the case but gyno said that the criteria had changed and even though he don't live with us we are still ineligible. But means they writing to the exceptional circumstances panel I hope that is the case about no children living with us and that we get funding.
Nice to know there are others from suffolk too on here :) Have you had ivf and if so where did you have it? hope u dont mind me asking, we are looking at bourn hall

thanks gemma x

Rachael*

United Kingdom

Reg: Sep 22nd 2010

Children: Two boys & One girl :)

What's Up?
Keep growing little baby :pray:
Mummy & Daddy love you xx

Tuesday, October 16th 2012, 11:46am

We had our ICSI at Bourn Hall. They are fab, so nice & explain everything to you.
starsmile Rachael's Diary

FET August 2014 = :BFP: bab10

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE