You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

• "Primrose" started this thread

Reg: Oct 3rd 2005

Tuesday, September 12th 2006, 8:07pm

High Chairs

DD has now discovered how to escape from her bumbo :rolleyes: and is in danger of toppling over her bouncy chair - so we need to buy a high chair asap!

Any recommendations?

We would really like one that's wooden - i've seen some in an old book which convert from a high chair to a table and desk - has anyone seen these out and about (really hoping m24 gets picture happy here! :D)

Reg: Apr 7th 2006

Children: sophie 31/01/2008 and angels above

Tuesday, September 12th 2006, 8:19pm

where abouts are you from cos i know a shop but its only in kent

Children: Twin Girls

Tuesday, September 12th 2006, 8:23pm

RE: High Chairs

Primrose,

this is bargain at £29.97 kiddicare, you can't beat them for prices they will price match if found cheaper, we have just got 2 Chicco Happy Snack, £39.99, reclines 3 ways but isn't a table & chairs, you could always get a little table & chair later on? How does she escape from Bumbo?

http://www.kiddicare.com/invt/saphighqbe3in1?N=364

http://www.kiddicare.com/invt/hcsestcbit43?N=364

hope that helps?

xx
PCOS
TTC 7 Yrs
2nd IVF - Blastocyst Embies
unbelievable BFP & TWINS!!
Now have beautiful twin girls

My family is now finally complete.

This post has been edited 2 times, last edit by "lisaw2308" (Sep 12th 2006, 8:24pm)

Chilli

Megastar

United Kingdom

Tuesday, September 12th 2006, 8:25pm

I love the stoke ones! they change with the child so will eventually become a proper chair. No the cheapest though :D

Bagpuss

• "Bagpuss" is no longer a member of FZ

Reg: Sep 27th 2005

Tuesday, September 12th 2006, 8:30pm

I like the Stokke ones too but they are pricey.

Our is from Mamma's & Pappas & has 7 different height settings which is great. Got it from an NCT sale & it's as good as new!

Escaping from a bumbo???!!! 8o I thought they were supposed to last to 14 months (just bought one for DS hoping I'd get my money's worth from it :rolleyes:)

Tuesday, September 12th 2006, 8:31pm

Thanks Shaz, we are a bit of a way from kent unfortunately.

Thats them Lisa! Actually looking at them they do take up a lot of space don't they! Maybe we are better off getting one that folds and, as you say, getting a desk and chair later. How long are they in high chairs for do you think?

DD escapes by straightening her back and legs - she hasn't actually got out, as in onto the floor, but she spends her whole time straight as a board in it, which makes feeding a bit tricky LOL!

Tuesday, September 12th 2006, 8:32pm

Sorry got distracted mid-post! I'm going to look at the Stoke ones now...

Bagpuss

• "Bagpuss" is no longer a member of FZ

Reg: Sep 27th 2005

Children: Twin Girls

Tuesday, September 12th 2006, 8:39pm

they love the Bumbo! I had ours for 2 weeks & they aren't sitting up on them own unaided yet & they do slouch a bit in the highchair but I'm perseverring(spelling?) the straps are very strong & I put the seat forward for feeding & then back on the last one reclines for milk or a rest! & they were a bargain, my friend haas one & the seat is very padded & folds up! & has a large basket at bottom for toys/wipes food!!!!!!

Here are ours.

x
PCOS
TTC 7 Yrs
2nd IVF - Blastocyst Embies
unbelievable BFP & TWINS!!
Now have beautiful twin girls

My family is now finally complete.

Tuesday, September 12th 2006, 8:55pm

Yes definately a bonus if it reclines - DD has just started to fall asleep on the last spoonful, apparently this is quite common as they get older as the whole eating thing is quite exhausting for them.

The Stokke ones look really stylish and funky don't they, could really do with a table for DD though as she is really into bashing things on surfaces, bashing her cup keeps her amused for ages at the moment!

Bells

ADMINISTRATOR

United Kingdom

Tuesday, September 12th 2006, 8:56pm

DD1 had a Tripp Trapp highchair when she was a baby and still uses it now when she goes to her Dads. In fact, I sat on it a few weeks ago and it's great. They are big, you do have to have them at the table and you have to practice getting your little on in and out because they don't open up at the front..... but I think they're lovely. :D As she's grown the seat has been lowered and she has somewhere to rest her feet so she's always at the right height for eating at the table.

I don't have a highchair for DD2 as we don't have room. She has a chair booster seat which she sits in on the living room floor and is affectionately known as her "sit down chair" :D Yesterday she chucked her pork chop, jacket spud, peas and gravy onto the living room carpet so it's really advisable to feed your babies somewhere with a mop-able floor :rolleyes:.

Here she is ages ago when she was still bald and gummy and sporting a blimp on her head :D

Children: DS#1 (clomid) 1999 -vb - DS#2 (natural BFP) c-sec

Tuesday, September 12th 2006, 9:01pm

Primrose

I have one that's wooden and converts to a table and chair which I bought from the Glasgow Pram Centre --- but it was Callum's - ie I bought it 7 years ago so don't think they will have it anymore :( - you could try phoning them and describing it to them and see if they have anything in store - not everything in store is on the web - or next time I'm up I'll have a check for you (although not sure when I'll be going next!!!

Hope you find what your looking for

Elaine
x
DS#1 FEB 1999 (CLOMID)
DS#2 MAY 2006 - MIRACLE !!

IRISH

• "IRISH" is no longer a member of FZ

Reg: Jul 15th 2006

Tuesday, September 12th 2006, 9:35pm

RE: High Chairs

Quoted

Originally posted by Primrose
DD has now discovered how to escape from her bumbo :rolleyes: and is in danger of toppling over her bouncy chair - so we need to buy a high chair asap!

Any recommendations?

We would really like one that's wooden - i've seen some in an old book which convert from a high chair to a table and desk - has anyone seen these out and about (really hoping m24 gets picture happy here! :D)

omg a picture opportunity and i've only just seen this give me a few minutes primrose...fear not coz piccie girl is here...phew :D

IRISH

Tuesday, September 12th 2006, 9:42pm

£45 from argos.. :]

IRISH

Tuesday, September 12th 2006, 9:54pm

this is my highchair although mine is a different design...its got a 3 stage recline...

IRISH

Tuesday, September 12th 2006, 10:04pm

£43 including delivery charge from ebay

Tuesday, September 12th 2006, 10:13pm

Ah ha, knew you wouldn't let me down :D! Don't those cubey ones look so cute! Talking of cute, Bells your DD looks like she is enjoying every minute of ruining your carpet! she's beautiful!

Right think I've found one that might do:- http://www.johnlewis.com/Nursery/Baby+Es…14/Product.aspx (sorry can't paste pictures!!!) But I would still like one that's collapsable... so that's wooden, adjustable, with a tray, thats collapsable... not asking for much am I LOL! :rolleyes:

IRISH

Tuesday, September 12th 2006, 10:33pm

have found just the one for you £49 buy-it-now on ebay...brand new :] :]

if you like it i'll paste in the link...i think its top class

think i'll go and get the link anyway :] :] :]

IRISH

Tuesday, September 12th 2006, 10:40pm

Tuesday, September 12th 2006, 10:42pm

thats lovely m24 - nice coloured wood too... ever thought of a career in personal shopping?!

IRISH

Tuesday, September 12th 2006, 11:03pm

would be my dream that :]

Saz

Saturday, September 16th 2006, 4:09pm

We have gone for a Fisher Price space saver! DD loves sitting at the table with us!

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE