You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Gracie

• "Gracie" started this thread

Reg: Jul 15th 2007

What's Up?
I now have double the trouble :)

Tuesday, February 5th 2013, 8:08pm

Permanently Hungry!

So, the good news is the colic has passed (see earlier post), the bad news is that Poppy seems to only manage two hours between feeds. I am just wondering if anyone has experience similar with their breast fed babies as I thought she might have started to go a bit longer by now - she's nearly four months.

Nights are pretty exhausting too, she tends to manage about four hours but it can take up to two to get her back to bed and then she doesn't do another four hours sleep. I usually get fed up and she ends up staying in bed with me which is doing my back no favours at all.

She completely refuses to try a bottle of expressed milk so it's not like I can have a break that way.

Any advice or do I just have to get through another couple of months and hope that once she starts being weaned things get easier?!

Thanks!

xx

Me - 40 AMH 1.79, DH - 45
TTC since 04/06
6 x TX to date, inc 2 DIVF in Barcelona

One early loss, 04/09
Freya Grace arrived on 6/11/10 - Perfect at 6lb and 1/2 oz

Amazing natural :BFP: on 12/02/12
Poppy Ann arrived on 13/10/12 - Born at home weighing 6lb 12oz

We got there in the end! happydance

Reg: Aug 1st 2009

Children: 4 boys 3 living 1 deceased

What's Up?
Life is getting there - mainly good days

Tuesday, February 5th 2013, 9:25pm

hi gracie,

my youngest was like this. he would feed every 1.5 day and night. when he was on a growth spurt we'd just have bed days, i didnt get up from the sofa and fed constantly, then it would go back to 1.5 hrs day and night. it was exhausting,but worth it. i couldnt even express, never ever managed that. by 4.5 months i was also trying to fill him up wth baby rice (made with formula) on hv's advice, and unfortuantely for me it didnt do anything to lengthen the time between feeds. i am so sorry, i cant help or give advice but wanted to let you know youre not alone :hugs:

:xxx3: :xxx: :xxx3:
After a long hard infertility journey, i am now reluctantly done

Curlytails

GLOBAL MODERATOR

United Kingdom

Reg: Apr 18th 2010

Children: One gorgeous boy

What's Up?
:baby:

Tuesday, February 5th 2013, 9:37pm

Hi Gracie, my LO was just like that - exhausting! In fact I don't think we managed to even get 2 hours between feeds until about 5 months when he started solids. The good news is that it does get better, I can't remember when the change happened but suddenly he wasn't constantly hungry!

Hang in there x

6 x IVF, 3 x FET
3 x MMC, 3 x :BFN:, 1 x failed thaw
Two gorgeous boys.

United Kingdom

Reg: Sep 24th 2006

Children: Three gorgeous daughters!

Tuesday, February 5th 2013, 10:11pm

Both of my girls had times like that, it's tough huh?

I remember this thread from years ago 4 month feeding frenzy/not sleeping

BeeS

Ace

Reg: Oct 31st 2009

Children: Two little boys born March '11 and Sept '13

Wednesday, February 6th 2013, 11:19am

Hello Gracie

My little one was like that too! It did get better in the end, although I don't quite remember when either.

Do you know if there is a breastfeeding clinic anywhere near you? There was one near me run by the NCT. It was a free drop-in once a week and there were tea and biscuits and toys for entertaining older siblings. A BF counsellor would see each person individually and inbetween you can just chat and relax with other Mummies. Some went because they had particular problems (e.g. latching on, soreness, baby's weight loss) and others seemed to come for a relaxed place to BF and get a cuppa! I only went a handful of times but it was a lifesaver to have that extra support and I found the BF counsellors were hugely better informed than my health visitors.

The other thing that I found helped me in those exhausting months was CAKE!!!

Good luck honey xxx
Bee

PCO/Amenorrhea. Resistant to Clomid. Success with Gonal F ovulation induction.
DS1 born Mar 11 and DS2 born Sept 2013

Gracie

• "Gracie" started this thread

Reg: Jul 15th 2007

What's Up?
I now have double the trouble :)

Wednesday, February 6th 2013, 4:42pm

Thanks ladies, glad to hear I'm not alone!

Bee - Believe me I don't go without cake (or coffee!)

Well, I am determined to carry on so hopefully things will start to get easier soon. I might speak to a HV next week but I really don't know what they will say, I never find them very helpful TBH. Poppy is so much more demanding than Freya ever was, it's amazing how different they are. She doesn't sleep for prolonged periods either, for instance, I've just driven 25 mins home from my sister and as soon as we get in the house she wakes up. This seems to happen all the time, it doesn't matter what I try and do, she is just a cat napper.

Truly an exhausting baby all round, I blame her red hair! Still, we'll get there I'm sure and she is very beautiful despite being a 'pain in the ass' as my DH likes to call her!!

xxxx

Me - 40 AMH 1.79, DH - 45
TTC since 04/06
6 x TX to date, inc 2 DIVF in Barcelona

One early loss, 04/09
Freya Grace arrived on 6/11/10 - Perfect at 6lb and 1/2 oz

Amazing natural :BFP: on 12/02/12
Poppy Ann arrived on 13/10/12 - Born at home weighing 6lb 12oz

We got there in the end! happydance

United Kingdom

Reg: Sep 24th 2006

Children: Three gorgeous daughters!

Thursday, February 7th 2013, 2:44pm

She doesn't sleep for prolonged periods either, for instance, I've just driven 25 mins home from my sister and as soon as we get in the house she wakes up. This seems to happen all the time, it doesn't matter what I try and do, she is just a cat napper.

Our DD2 was like that, she used to have about 4 naps a day each one no longer than 20 minutes and was easily disturbed. As she got older she dropped a nap(s) and the other one(s) got longer, since she was about 16 months she has one long nap. There is light at the end of the tunnel!

1 user apart from you is browsing this thread:

1 guests