You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

• "Janniewall" started this thread

Reg: Jun 10th 2009

Children: Two perfect 3yr olds

Tuesday, April 2nd 2013, 7:19pm

Potty Trained - but now wetting the bed/pants

My beautiful Emilia is now coming up to two-and-a-half. She announced at 22mths that she no longer wanted to wear nappies and had the grand total of two accidents in the whole potty training process, she was a gem! Then at 23mths she was dry through the night, again only a couple of nighttime accidents.

However, this week, she has wet the bed 3 times (last night she wet it twice in one night) and today at nursery she even soiled herself, which she has never done. When I picked her up from nursery this evening, she had run out of spare clothes and was in a nappy, which was very wet, so obviously she had completely stopped using the toilet. I cried all the way home I was so upset and she hated being in a wet nappy too.

I am now worried that she has decided to stop using the potty and regressed and don't know what to do. I worried that she may react to us moving house (and country), leaving nursery, saying goodbye to her beloved nanny - but that was 3 weeks ago and the plane journey as well as the first two weeks here were fine.

Oscar has had a very upset tummy for a few days now, so I wonder if she has that and just does not get enough warning, or maybe it is a delayed reaction to the move. The nursery is on spring camp at the moment so wonder if that lack of discipline (it is just run as a playgroup with no discipline during the 2 wks holiday, as the nursery teachers are on holiday) so i wonder if that change is effecting her. or finally maybe she sees Oscar is still using a nappy (any attempt to potty train him has resulted in accident upon accident - but know I will just need to suffer through that soon) and has decided she wants to go back to that, or wonders why she is different.

Both toots still love a drink of milk before bedtime, maybe I need to stop that routine as it fills their bladders too much, but it has never been a problem for her in the past.

I woke her tonight when I came to bed, she was furious but went to the toilet after some persuasion, but hated doing it and have never had to in the past.

I would greatly appreciate any guidance anyone can give me. I am at a loss as to what to do.

Jannie
Aug 09 - IUI - BFN
; Oct 09 - ICSI - BFN; Jan 10 - ICSI cancelled;
DICSI in Valencia Mar10 :BFP:
Jannie's Diary
Oscar and Emilia born 8th November 2010

Reg: Jun 16th 2009

Children: twin girls

Tuesday, April 2nd 2013, 8:44pm

So sorry you have this worry but I hear this happens a lot when they have major changes in their life and moving so far I would imagine is the problem. Hopefully when you have all settled as she will feel your stress too she should be ok. In the meantime go back to basics ie sticker chart, sweets etc and ignore accidents. Good luck x

Kirstin's Parenting Diary

Jan 09 Icsi BFN May 09 Fet BFN Sept 09 Icsi BFN Jan 10 :BFP:
:girl: :girl: c-section 13/09/10

biggreeneyes

Reg: Mar 24th 2009

Children: A little boy :)

What's Up?

Tuesday, April 2nd 2013, 9:39pm

Hi Jannie, I would say that it's likely to be the move. It's a major change in their life as they've always known it. Whilst they are good at adapting in many ways, these changes can affect them and be shown in such ways. Perhaps after a couple of weeks they realise its not a holiday but for good and it may be strange for them. I'm sure if you just support them and be understanding they will adjust and these problems will stop. My friend has just moved near me and her 6 yr old has been wetting the bed. She appears to be happy and have made friends at school but the change has had that effect.

Hope it improves soon. Try mot to worry too much or make a big deal out of it I reckon...easier said than done i know!!

Xxx

goodgreen

April 09-IVF-BFN :sadface:
Oct 09-ICSI - BFP :happy: - Little boy born on 14/07/10
June 12-ICSI - BFN :sadface:
Oct 12 - ICSI - BFP - followed by mm/c (blighted ovum) :sadface:
April 13 - ICSI - BFN :sadface:
Aug 13 - ICSI - BFN :sadface:
Jan 14 - ICSI - BFN :sadface:
Oct 14 - FET - BFN (surprise surprise) :sadface:

Greeny's trying for another little froggie diary!

Wednesday, April 3rd 2013, 7:04am

Thanks ladies - she had a dry night last night and this morning she told me that she would not let the ladies at nursery put nappies on her, so she is determined to be dry today - she is a real madam and very opinionated (not sure where she gets that from!!).

Greeny - how did you get on with potty training your wee man? I just don't know where to start with Oscar because he just seems so happy to tell me when he has done a poo and ask me to change his nappy, but whenever we try potty training, he seems thrilled by the fact that he can aim and wee on his toys etc! Maybe it is just a boy thing that they are obsessed by their boy bits!!

Kirstin, I am sure your girls were easy, they just seem to 'get it' compared to boys.

Help and guidance gratefully accepted!

Jan
x

Jannie
Aug 09 - IUI - BFN
Jannie's Diary

biggreeneyes

What's Up?

Wednesday, April 3rd 2013, 8:12am

Hi Hun

DS is not potty trained yet!!! He refuses to entertain the potty, refuses to sit on it so I'm thinking that's a sure sign that he's not ready yet. Boys are known for taking much longer to be ready or trained!!

If your DS is aiming (at his toys!!) you can buy stickers for in the potty which change colour or something fun. He might like that? I've used stickers as reward for DS sitting on potty before bathtime, he would sit for a second, but now refusing since our hospital visits!!

Good luck. X

goodgreen

Wednesday, April 3rd 2013, 8:51pm

We were so lucky they started being dry in the mornings so one day we put pants on and stayed in the house for 2 days. They loved getting a sweet and a sticker and encouraged each other. The poos took a while longer lia pooed her pants twice then after doing her first one in the potty that was her sorted. Alana held onto her poo and started going every two days and kept saying bum was sore. But after a few weeks she got the hang of it too. They are also great at using toilets when we are out which I have heard can be a problem. So all in all I am delighted as I was dreading toilet training. Boys definatly take longer which is a pity you didn't benefit from them learning from each other. Hope things improve soon x

Monday, May 13th 2013, 3:11pm

Emilia is now consistently wetting the bed at nights. Sometimes dry if I manage to get her up and she does a wee when I put her on the toilet, but she is asleep, so it is not really giving her good habits, just saving washing!

Is it wrong to go back to nappies at night? It just feels like such a backwards step.

Jannie
Aug 09 - IUI - BFN
Jannie's Diary

biggreeneyes

What's Up?

Tuesday, May 14th 2013, 8:31pm

Does she sleep really deeply? Do you stop her drinking after a certain time?

It could also be the move still making her feel nestled. It can happen to lots of kids with big change.

I can't really help with advice about nappy at night as we are sill in nappies day and night!! She is only young though, so a night nappy doesn't seem bad to me? Was she always dry at night before you moved?

blowkiss

goodgreen

Tuesday, May 14th 2013, 9:02pm

I wouldn't worry about putting nappy on at night I would prefer to do that than have a wet bed. My two are dry most mornings and I had stopped putting nappies on but they haven't been well and then wet the bed so nappies are back on until dry again. Good luck and hope it gets sorted soon x

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE