You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Net

• "Net" started this thread

Reg: Apr 10th 2010

Children: Two beautiful daughtersr - thank you Guys hospital

Thursday, April 25th 2013, 8:42pm

EBF bowel movements

Lovely subject alert! LO is ebf, this week her poo has changed from mustard and seedy to very watery, mustard with no seeds. She used to poo after each feed but since the change has only had one big poo a day, today she hasn't pooed at all. She is 11 weeks on Sunday and a poor feeder, she only eats for 5-10 mins each time and weight gain is slow, she has gone down two centiles but won't take a bottle so I can't formula supplement. She does gain weight each time I have her weighed though so I hope she's just hitting the 'right' centile for her. I am petite and DH is average height so not expecting a giant baby! She was 6.6 at birth and just 9 when weighed last week. Anyway i am digressing! My question was whether the change in poo is normal. She is having at least 6 wet nappies a day so I am not concerned about dehydration.
NET

ICSI Feb 2011-:BFP: m/c
FET Aug11 & Nov 11 - cancelled pre ET
FET May 2012- :BFP:
DD born Feb 2013
FET Feb 2015 :BFP:
DD2 born Nov 2015

MY DIARY

Flic

Italy Poland

Reg: May 8th 2008

Children: Had my first daughter on 25th February 2010!

What's Up?
Stressed.

Friday, April 26th 2013, 9:10pm

From what I remember being told I think their poo can change but I'm sure someone will be along soon to help.

Our miracle was born on 25.02.2010!!

1 registered user thanked already.

Users who thanked for this post:

Net (29.04.2013)

Curlytails

GLOBAL MODERATOR

United Kingdom

Reg: Apr 18th 2010

Children: One gorgeous boy

What's Up?
:baby:

Friday, April 26th 2013, 9:14pm

Yes it is quite normal. If i remember rightly my DS would poo every 3 or 4 days but his bottlefed friends were far more regular! Check with your hv if you are still worried though x

6 x IVF, 3 x FET
3 x MMC, 3 x :BFN:, 1 x failed thaw
Two gorgeous boys.

Net (29.04.2013)

Gracie

Reg: Jul 15th 2007

What's Up?
I now have double the trouble :)

Sunday, April 28th 2013, 9:09pm

Hi

My LO would go several days without pooing and the mustard seeds do go so it all sounds normal to me. I believe that anything up to two weeks is considered fine for a breast fed baby. Some babies do only feed for a short time too, from what you are saying she sounds perfectly fine to me!

xxx

Me - 40 AMH 1.79, DH - 45
TTC since 04/06
6 x TX to date, inc 2 DIVF in Barcelona

One early loss, 04/09
Freya Grace arrived on 6/11/10 - Perfect at 6lb and 1/2 oz

Amazing natural :BFP: on 12/02/12
Poppy Ann arrived on 13/10/12 - Born at home weighing 6lb 12oz

We got there in the end! happydance

Net (29.04.2013)

Net

Monday, April 29th 2013, 4:12am

Thanks all. She has Been feeding more the last few days, maybe a growth spurt? Nappies the same though and now just one or two a day. Just had a major scare with her choking on mucous as she has a cold bless her, power of the boob has calmed her down. I think I need a stiff drink to do likewise!
NET

DD born Feb 2013
DD2 born Nov 2015

MY DIARY

Gracie

Reg: Jul 15th 2007

What's Up?
I now have double the trouble :)

Monday, April 29th 2013, 3:58pm

Aw, poor little soul, hope she's better soon. Have you tried Sterimar spray at all? It's only water but it really shoots up the nose and does a very good job of clearing mucus. My oldest daughter was always a really snot bag and this worked wonders for her.

xxx

Me - 40 AMH 1.79, DH - 45
TTC since 04/06
6 x TX to date, inc 2 DIVF in Barcelona

One early loss, 04/09
Freya Grace arrived on 6/11/10 - Perfect at 6lb and 1/2 oz

Amazing natural :BFP: on 12/02/12
Poppy Ann arrived on 13/10/12 - Born at home weighing 6lb 12oz

We got there in the end! happydance

Net

Monday, April 29th 2013, 4:35pm

Thanks Gracie. We've used saline drops before to great effect as she was really mucousy as a new born and had a horrible cold at the beginning of April too. I assume the spray is a saline spray as opposed to the drops? Last night came out of nowhere really, she hasn't been that snotty for a few days, it was coming out of her nose and mouth at the same time and she was distraught (as was I!). Thankfully DH was very calm and cleared it for her, she then calmed down, had a 10 minute feed and went back to sleep as if nothing had happened. She's not snotty at all today either!
NET

DD born Feb 2013
DD2 born Nov 2015

MY DIARY

Grace

Princess of the Universe

United Kingdom

Reg: Jul 29th 2008

Children: 1 beautiful little son conceived through ICSI and one equally beautiful little boy concieved naturally!

What's Up?
Oh god I've got Puppies!

Saturday, May 4th 2013, 9:56pm

My first boy was exactly the same, oh the hours I worried about his short feeds, slow weight gain and funny poo. It can all be normal, the things to watch for is that your LO is alert and active, not crying and lethargic (cold aside of course) unfortunately I was badgered constantly by my hv to formula feed but, like your LO, he wouldn't even consider the idea so I went to the GP and he told me to observe him, if he seems well just carry on as you are. From the moment I started weaning my LO rocketed up from the 9th percentile up to the 70th and he's not looked back now he's 3 and a half and exactly right for his weight and height. 2nd boy also only fed 5 or 10 minutes at a time but managed to keep up with the weight charts, didn't take so well to weaning and now is quite lean for his size, go figure!!

ICSI BFP DS1 born Nov 09
Natural BFP DS2 born Sept 11

Net (06.05.2013)

Net

Sunday, May 5th 2013, 10:34am

Thanks Gracie that's really reassuring. My HV has referred her to a paediatrician just to rule out any issues. I think she's fine myself, she's alert, happy, doesn't cry much, has chubby little cheeks, arms and legs. I'm only 5 ft 3 and size 8 and DH is 5 ft 10 so not a giant so I figure I just have a petite baby. She's tracking second centile perfectly now but only put on 7 oz in two weeks so weight gain us slow I guess. I can't force feed her though so I will just keep going with the BF and if she slips another centile reassess. Glad to hear your LO did so well. Thanks for your words if reassurance, they do help loads xx
NET

DD born Feb 2013
DD2 born Nov 2015

MY DIARY

Net

Monday, May 6th 2013, 9:15am

Grace/Gracie apologies for getting you ,used up on my last post! Thanks to boitj of you, in any case! X
NET

DD born Feb 2013
DD2 born Nov 2015

MY DIARY

Grace

Princess of the Universe

United Kingdom

Reg: Jul 29th 2008

Children: 1 beautiful little son conceived through ICSI and one equally beautiful little boy concieved naturally!

What's Up?
Oh god I've got Puppies!

Monday, May 13th 2013, 8:58pm

No worries, it's good to see a paediatrician as it will set your mind at east (and silence the HVs). They don't take into consideration the size of the baby in these weight charts, friend of mines baby was on the 90th centile and she was constantly badgered for feeding him too much, he's the same age as my eldest (3 and a half) and wears trousers for a 4-5 year olds, they fall down because his tummy doesn't fit them but his leg length does!! As long as she seems well in herself then there can't be too much to worry about, some weeks Jensen only put on 1 or 2 ounces and that was only because I fed him right before the weigh in so his tummy was full. He started life on the 97th percentile (born 5 weeks early and huge) and dropped to less than 20th by the time he was 5 months and I started weaning him (on the advice of my GP).

ICSI BFP DS1 born Nov 09
Natural BFP DS2 born Sept 11

Net (13.05.2013)

1 user apart from you is browsing this thread:

1 guests