You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Jasper

• "Jasper" started this thread

Reg: Feb 5th 2009

Children: A boy and girl - ICSI and a natural miracle!

What's Up?
soooooo happy!!!!!!

Saturday, May 11th 2013, 7:57pm

Choosing Schools - do you just choose the closest????

I am planning ahead a bit but I am thinking about which school I should apply for. DS turns 3 in July, so am I right in thinking that I need to apply in September? Will the council contact me?

I have a school about 200 yards from home that I have only ever heard good reports about but should I also be considering others? If so, other than reading the OFSTED report what else would you consider. There are a number of schools en route to work ( I would be using a childminder for the school run anyway), and some more 3 or 4 miles away. Should I be considering these too? At the moment I take DS to nursery in a different town as it was the only one I was happy with, so I am used to having to travel anyway. People to look at me strangely though and almost like I am a bit snobby for that decsion!!! The only thing that makes me think that I should just opt for the closest school is that we live on a large housing development and most of the local children will attend this school. Will he be 'left out' if he doesnt go to the local school/ should I also be thinking about which Secondary school he may go to and will he have friends from the Primary going there too?
It would be great if you can share your thoughts and experiences with me.

Thanks!

Jaspers Journey-My Diary

Feb 15 Shock BFP (8 o)

louise78

FORUM MENTOR

Reg: Aug 18th 2009

Children: One beautiful, healthy son. Identical twin boys born too soon, sleep tightxxx

What's Up?
One very happy lady :) xx

Saturday, May 11th 2013, 8:19pm

Hi ya, I'd recommend having a look round a few. You will get a feel for what you like and what you don't. You don't have to go with a school closest to you when applying but it has some pluses - close/ friendship circles etc and if you are happy with the school and the area then it makes sense to stay close to home but I would recommend having a look round and go with a feeling. The ofsted will give you an idea but doesn't tell you about what it's like inside and whether the kids are smiling, active and participating. Don't worry about putting child far away etc as its noone else's business it's what you are happy with. Hope this helps x
6x cycles of clomid bfn
2X iui bfn
1x ivf - identical triplets - miscarried triplet at 9 weeks, lost my other two beautiful boys at 23 weeks - passed away shortly after birth 17th June 2010.
4x FET 1 early loss
1 natural early loss.
2011 Nov immune cycle FET bfn
2012 Jan immune cycle ivf bfp baby7 Ds arrived safely 1/10/12 : D
2013 Aug immune cycle FET bfp confirmed miscarriage at 8 weeks
2014 Jan immune cycle bfn
2014 April immune cycle bfn.
2014 July fet bfp ❤️ seen at 7,9 and 11 weeks

louise78

FORUM MENTOR

Reg: Aug 18th 2009

Children: One beautiful, healthy son. Identical twin boys born too soon, sleep tightxxx

What's Up?
One very happy lady :) xx

Saturday, May 11th 2013, 8:22pm

Oh and secondary schools feed in from certain primary schools but that doesn't mean you have to send them to that school either so you can choose to send them somewhere else however by then they will have a friendship circle that they might want to/ you might want to send them with. It's worth thinking that far ahead but it is not set in stone that they have to attend the feeder secondary - you can send them elsewhere should you want to x
6x cycles of clomid bfn
2X iui bfn
1x ivf - identical triplets - miscarried triplet at 9 weeks, lost my other two beautiful boys at 23 weeks - passed away shortly after birth 17th June 2010.
4x FET 1 early loss
1 natural early loss.
2011 Nov immune cycle FET bfn
2012 Jan immune cycle ivf bfp baby7 Ds arrived safely 1/10/12 : D
2013 Aug immune cycle FET bfp confirmed miscarriage at 8 weeks
2014 Jan immune cycle bfn
2014 April immune cycle bfn.
2014 July fet bfp ❤️ seen at 7,9 and 11 weeks

gemmab

FORUM MENTOR

Reg: Feb 8th 2008

Children: 2 miracle icsi boys and 2 step kids.

What's Up?
Getting ready for another egg donation!!!

Saturday, May 11th 2013, 9:02pm

Kaynan is due to start school in September and we got the choice of school we wanted. There is about five schools very close by. We chose two of these and one that's about 10 minutes away.

We chose the two closest after going to visit the schools, talking to the teachers and the head, looking at the ofsted reports, looking at the work and activities that the children do and just the general feel.

Kids make friends wherever they go so even if they don't go to the same school they will still make friends in the local area.

I would suggest contacting the schools, putting your name down so they send you information of school open days and then the schools will tell you how to apply.xxxx

ICSI 1 Apr 08-m/c 9.5.8
FETJul 08-BFN
ICSI 2 Dec 08 (ES) -I'm a mummy Kaynan arrived 19.8.09! :heart:
ICSI 3 Dec 10 (ES) -BFN
FET Mar 11- BFP- M/C ;(
ICSI 4 (ES) -:BFP: 1.7.11 Cobi arrived 09.03.12 [zx160]
Egg donation Aug 2012 BFN for recipient- gutted
Egg donation Dec 2012 Recipient :BFP:
Egg donation 27.05.2013- not great - please pray for the recipient :dust:

Reg: Aug 1st 2009

Children: 4 boys 3 living 1 deceased

What's Up?
Life is getting there - mainly good days

Saturday, May 11th 2013, 9:38pm

sorry jasper,i dont know if im misunderstanding you. my ds turns 3 in july also, and i had to apply for his nursery placement in i think if i remember rightly jan/feb time 13. my letter of confirmation arrived today in the post as he starts nursery in september 13. the way school placements are working in my area is pretty much like a lottery. the princples are 1 are you in catchment? and 2 are siblings in that school? even so, some friends have been turned down even though there in catchment and have siblings already int the school. and its the same with the other schools in my area. iim not sure if you meant getting a place for ds in nursery, ready for recption next year or not.

sorry if ive not been helpful.

jade xxx
After a long hard infertility journey, i am now reluctantly done

Jasper

• "Jasper" started this thread

Reg: Feb 5th 2009

Children: A boy and girl - ICSI and a natural miracle!

What's Up?
soooooo happy!!!!!!

Saturday, May 11th 2013, 9:50pm

No, I did mean school. I didnt think I had to apply until Jan 2014 but I think that is the deadline, you can apply from September. I am am going to contact the schools and get some info and find out about open days. Thanks for your help everyone.x

Jaspers Journey-My Diary

Feb 15 Shock BFP (8 o)

Flic

Italy Poland

Reg: May 8th 2008

Children: Had my first daughter on 25th February 2010!

What's Up?
Stressed.

Saturday, May 11th 2013, 10:58pm

Hiya

Yes, from September we can start applying. As far as I'm aware it doesn't go on catchment anymore according to O's preschool teacher. My first choice is a school a few miles away and my second choice is in the next village.

And don't worry what people think. I refused to put O in nursery because the ones around here are horrendous. When she turned 2 I got her into preschool instead which I really liked and felt comfortable with. I think the school thing has to be the same.

Our miracle was born on 25.02.2010!!

Dusky7

FORUM MENTOR

United Kingdom

Reg: Aug 12th 2008

Children: Two beautiful little girls, so so lucky!! :)

What's Up?
:hello:

Sunday, May 12th 2013, 3:35am

Hi hon, so he will be starting in sept 14, you have to apply by January 14. You get to choose 3 in order of preference, then there is a check list the council uses for allocation, I.e. looked after children, catchment area, siblings already there, preschool attendance (linked to that school) etc. If you like the one nearest you when you look around and you put it on your list that'll be no doubt the one you get.

Will you be keeping him at nursey? I did this and wish now that I had moved dd to the preschool of one of the schools I wanted. I was told this didn't carry much weight anymore but now having spoken to the council, it does. I was also told that catchment wasn't that important these days, but it is, it's still the biggy.

Ofsted reports are great but go with the feeling too when you look around. Personally I wouldn't be too bothered just yet re secondary schools, it's a long way off yet.

I put one in catchment, church school, and 2 out of catchment down, and not the one right opposite our house, as although the ofsted is good (only one better) I didn't like the feel of the place. That's the one dd has been allocated, gutted! Xxxx

1st ICSI - Oct 08 - :BFP:!!! DD born July 2009 : D
1st FET - May 11 - BFN
2nd FET - Sept 11 - BFN
3rd FET - Jan 12 - :BFP: DD2 born October 2012 : D
2nd ICSI - May 18 - BFN
4th FET - Sept 18 - BFP but Ectopic MTX 7+4

DUSKY'S FET DIARY