You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

• "jen84288" started this thread

Reg: Aug 24th 2008

Children: 2 daughters

Thursday, May 16th 2013, 7:44pm

9 month old hardly eats solids / returning to work and breastfeeding

im going back to work 3 days a week in just over 3 months. C is 9 months old now and breastfeeding more than ever. She doesn't like food much and although I offer her 3 meals a day and snacks she reluctantly eats small amounts but prefers the boob. We co sleep and she feeds in the night maybe once or twice. I have always had an oversupply issue and have always leaked a lot....I still leak a lot (but not as much as the early days). I am worried about how she will do without me in regards to food. We do BLW and she really doesn't eat that much. She is small for her age but always has been but she just doesn't seem to enjoy food. Secondly I worry about leaking while im in work. Friends have told me that by 9 months your supply adjusts so I wont leak in work but I still leak so much now and I feed her throughout the day! If I am not feeding her in the day Monday - Wednesday when i work can I feed her a bit in the day on the days im not working or with that make me leak more on the days im in work?

thanks
DH poor motility-Excellent SA following change in diet
BFP:26.09.08

Jasper

Reg: Feb 5th 2009

Children: A boy and girl - ICSI and a natural miracle!

What's Up?
soooooo happy!!!!!!

Friday, May 17th 2013, 12:19pm

Hi I haven't got any specific advice but I unwanted to say how much things can change in 3 months! Don't worry about these things now, relax and enjoy your maternity leave! I go back full time in 3months and would like to adjust DD's nap routine ready for nursery but I am not going to worry until 3 or 4 weeks before I return.xx

Jaspers Journey-My Diary

Feb 15 Shock BFP (8 o)

Gracie

Reg: Jul 15th 2007

What's Up?
I now have double the trouble :)

Friday, May 17th 2013, 4:08pm

:hello:

Sorry you are worrying but I reckon Jasper is right, try not to get too stressed yet, 3 months is a long time.

Regarding your leaking, have you every tried Lilypadz? They are silicone breast pads that stick on. Not cheap at £15.00 a pair but if you take care of them you will get weeks of use. I am on my third pair in seven months and just clean them every day with antibac soap and very hot water. They work with pressure and I think they are fab. You can get them in Boots. Also useful for strapless/backless dresses!! :snigger:

As for your LO's eating, try not to worry about how much she is actually consuming. If you are doing BLW then just leaving her to play with the food and get on with things for herself is enough for the moment, if you are doing that then she is probably consuming more than you think she is. I am BLW my 7 month old at the moment and mostly she makes a terrible mess but she is enjoying her discoveries. I guess I am finding it easier this time as she is my second child and I am less stressed. I understand how you feel as I tied myself in knots over my first daughter, and of course she is fine!

Hope this helps a bit and :goodluck:

xxxxx

Me - 40 AMH 1.79, DH - 45
TTC since 04/06
6 x TX to date, inc 2 DIVF in Barcelona

One early loss, 04/09
Freya Grace arrived on 6/11/10 - Perfect at 6lb and 1/2 oz

Amazing natural :BFP: on 12/02/12
Poppy Ann arrived on 13/10/12 - Born at home weighing 6lb 12oz

We got there in the end! happydance

1 user apart from you is browsing this thread:

1 guests