You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

cheenab

• "cheenab" started this thread

Reg: May 27th 2009

Children: 3 gorgeous boys Zachary, Finley and Teddy <3

What's Up?
Couldn't be any happier :D

Friday, June 21st 2013, 8:20pm

Daily routine 14months

Could anyone with LO around the same age as DS post there daily routine.
Ours seems to be all over the place at the minute and I really don't no where we are going wrong.
He barely eats, barely sleeps!!! An because of that seems so grumpy all the time :(
FET August 2011-1 Blastocyst onboard :BFP:
Zachary William born on 27/4/12 at 10.12am weighing 6lb 12oz
Shock natural BFP 15/3/15 :faint:
Finley Thomas born on 5/11/15 at 9.39am 7lb 14oz
Another shock natural BFP 6/8/16
Teddy George born on 30/3/17 at 4.34pm 7lb 9oz

Jasper

Reg: Feb 5th 2009

Children: A boy and girl - ICSI and a natural miracle!

What's Up?
soooooo happy!!!!!!

Friday, June 21st 2013, 8:35pm

Hi Cheenab,

This is our routine but it is flexible I don't plan my days around it but if we are at home this is what happens......

6.30am wake up and have cup of milk
7.30-8 breakfast porridge and toast
8.30 2 hour nap
10.30 drink and snack
12 lunch
1.30 1-2 hour nap
4.30-5 tea
6pm bath, milk and in bed for 6.30.

DD is a bit younger than your DS and probably has more daytime sleep than average. Most children would have a short nap about 9 and a longer one straight after lunch. Coukdhe be teething?? DD goes offer food for a few days when teething. Do you put him up to bed for his naps or is it just in car or pushchair?
DS was so different to DD he liked to sleep in the day but at this age i never let him sleep any later than 4 or he wouldn't go to bed but DD would sleep all day and night!!x

Jaspers Journey-My Diary

Feb 15 Shock BFP (8 o)

Reg: Mar 19th 2011

Friday, June 21st 2013, 8:39pm

Sorry you are struggling with a routine. We have good days and bad days. We are by no means in a set routine. My little boy is 15 months. He's up anywhere between 6-7:30 depending on if I'm up early for work. Sometimes he has a morning nap other times just a big long nap in the arvo. Lunch about 12:30. Cup of milk 3:30, tea 5:30. Stories 6:30, bath 7 & then milk and bed. We are very lucky that he goes down no probs and most of the time sleeps all night but about once a week for some unknown reason we have a terrible night. My mum says the best thing for routine is not to worry about time as babies/toddlers have no concept of time. Just try to keep things the same and in same order. Good luck. X

cheenab

• "cheenab" started this thread

Reg: May 27th 2009

Children: 3 gorgeous boys Zachary, Finley and Teddy <3

What's Up?
Couldn't be any happier :D

Friday, June 21st 2013, 9:25pm

Thanks ladies,

Well at the moment he generally wakes around 6.30-7 has his milk but very often goes back to sleep after till about 8.30-9
Then we get up he has 1 weetabix, but just lately has only been eating half if that.
Around 10.30-11 he has a small snack
Lunch anytime between 12-1
Sometimes milk around 2 (I am trying to cut this bottle out) but I think it helps him sleep better as usually after that he will sleep till about 3.30-4
Then dinner usually around 5
But he sometimes fusses with it then so ends up having it a bit later
Then about 7 every other night he has a bath(other night wash/teeth)
Milk around 7.30-7.45 then off to bed he usually falls asleep while drinking his milk but just lately he is sooo wide awake, and even if he does drop off he is usually awake again by 10 thinking its time to play.

I try my best to tire him out in the day we are always out and about places, but any sort of distraction he won't go to sleep. When he does fall asleep at lunchtime I always put him into his cot. He won't sleep in his pushchair if we are out and about. He falls asleep in the car but as soon as I stop the car he is awake again!! Poor little guy just never seems to be able to switch off!! He is so grumpy in the day he's just had another tooth come through last week, so that could be playing a part, just want my happy little chap back again xx
FET August 2011-1 Blastocyst onboard :BFP:
Zachary William born on 27/4/12 at 10.12am weighing 6lb 12oz
Shock natural BFP 15/3/15 :faint:
Finley Thomas born on 5/11/15 at 9.39am 7lb 14oz
Another shock natural BFP 6/8/16
Teddy George born on 30/3/17 at 4.34pm 7lb 9oz

Jasper

Reg: Feb 5th 2009

Children: A boy and girl - ICSI and a natural miracle!

What's Up?
soooooo happy!!!!!!

Saturday, June 22nd 2013, 6:48am

Maybe try waking him from his morning nap so he is tired straight after lunch snd naps 12.30- 2.30. He could have milk afyer his nap or just offer water and a snack. You might find that hes hungrier at tea time then too. But just remember that everything is just a phase. I keep telling myself that when DS wont sleep!x

Jaspers Journey-My Diary

Feb 15 Shock BFP (8 o)

Reg: Aug 1st 2009

Children: 4 boys 3 living 1 deceased

What's Up?
Life is getting there - mainly good days

Saturday, June 22nd 2013, 9:02am

Hi cheenab.

i always made sure that when they were little, they had a bath every night. obviously, they dont understand timescales, but they do understand routine. Even if the bath is only 15 minutes long.

mine have got up around 7 am morning and we get up at 7 am. we have breakfast from 7.15 and the youngest even now has a nap at 11.30. he has snack (apple or a slice of toast) at approx 10.30 sleep at 11.30 till 1 and then a small lunch sandwiches and a bag of crisps, sometimes yoghurt/fruit after. dinner/tea at 5 pm exactly. snack at about half 3, a yoghurt. bathtim between 6 and 6.15. bedtime between 6.50 and 7.15. normally takes youngest 15 mins to fall asleep and the older one has a muesli bar for supper. he falls asleep about 8 pm. personally i try to keep snacks minimal,lunches and tes to a strict time scale, nap time to a strict timetable and bathtime is almost religious. must have bath every night or they act up when they go to bed. kids sleep through untill about 6 am, then they come in my room for a sneaky cuddle and go back to sleep till 7 am. then the day starts again. :thumbsup:

dont know if that helps, but i hope so. i tend to eat at the very same times so have thanfully established 'the adult eating pattern'
the other thing is you know your child. mine fet unswttled, when theyre coming down with a bug. youngest sleeps more and totally goes off his food. could little onw be coming down with something

hope you work it out soon

takw care

kade xxx
After a long hard infertility journey, i am now reluctantly done

United Kingdom

Reg: Sep 24th 2006

Children: Three gorgeous daughters!

Saturday, June 22nd 2013, 11:45am

Hi hun

I can't remember exactly what my girls routines were at that age but a friend of mine has a son at a similar age and he's all over the place too. He's got really fussy in the last few weeks and barely touches lunch, screams for his tea and has changed his usual nap routine. I do remember with my girls that when both of them were ready for a change in routine things were out of sorts for a few weeks until I sussed out the best times for naps and meals. I also agree any teething and also light evenings and mornings can also play a part in the disruption. Hang in there, things will soon work themselves out.

Good luck and I hope things settle down soon.

xxx

Reg: May 30th 2010

Saturday, June 22nd 2013, 9:40pm

Hi,

It sounds like the transition from 2 naps to 1. A difficult time as 2 is too much but 1 is not quite enough yet. Hang in their it will be lovely when he has one long, solid nap both of you will enjoy your days a lot xx Rianon

Rachael*

United Kingdom

Reg: Sep 22nd 2010

Children: Two boys & One girl :)

What's Up?
Keep growing little baby :pray:
Mummy & Daddy love you xx

Sunday, June 23rd 2013, 11:19am

Hi my little girl is almost 17 months.
Gets up at 7 & has about 4oz of milk.
Breakfast at 8.
Snack about 10.30
Lunch about 12
Nap about 12.30 - 1.30 / 2.
Snack again about 3
Tea 4.45
Yog or fruit pot while watching night garden
Bath at 7
Bed about 7.30

I would try & cut out the morning nap & get him to nap after lunch.
Routine is very important with everyone ( doesnt matter how old or young you are )
Good luck xx
starsmile Rachael's Diary

FET August 2014 = :BFP: bab10