You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

• "Newyearhopes" started this thread

Reg: Dec 20th 2009

Children: Hayden -7/08/05 and Cerys 31/01/11

Wednesday, July 31st 2013, 7:49pm

Toddler height worries

Hi all, havn't been on here for ages but after a trip to health visitor today I needed to voice my worries!! C has always been little (apart from birth 8lb15oz) her clothes and shoes last for ages, at her 2 year check in January she was measured at 77 cm and off the bottom centile, today I went back and she is 82cm and on the 0.4 centile, her weight has remained just under the 50th centile and they are concerned! ?o( HV got the doctor in and said we better refer her, although he did say he was surprised at the charts as she doesn't look out of proportion-she doesn't! So they are making appointment for her to have bone scans and god knows what else. Thing is im not one for charts and think everyone grows at their own rate, im 5ft 2 and her DH is 5ft 10, so never expected her to be a giant!! Im hoping they are airing on the side of caution they did say not to worry.

Anyhoo hope everyone is well x
newyearhopes

ME - 31-PCO DH -32-All fine
DS- 07-08-05 (NATURALLY) DD-31/1/11-(CLOMID 1ST CYCLE) Natural :BFP: 6/10/2014

[/url

babydust TO ALL X XX X

United Kingdom

Reg: Sep 24th 2006

Children: Three gorgeous daughters!

Wednesday, July 31st 2013, 11:34pm

Hi hun

Blast those charts, they don't half cause a lot of worry to a lot of mums!

I've got 2 little girls and come from a little family. I'm tall in my family, all 4ft 11" of me :snigger: Both my girls spent time on the 0.4th centile for weight when they were babies, because they were nearly there when they were born we weren't referred but a lot of children/toddlers that hit that centile get referred just to rule out any problems. Its more of a tick in the box to give you the all clear but it doesn't seem to take into account little people like us, I'm sure they expect everyone to be tall and huge nowadays, they forget that us little ones only make little babies.

Btw my Nan makes Yoda look big she falls off the centile charts at about age 11, she's 92 now so there isn't a lot wrong with her!

Good luck and let me know how you get on.

xxx

2 registered users thanked already.

Users who thanked for this post:

Newyearhopes (02.08.2013), Bells (04.08.2013)

Net

Reg: Apr 10th 2010

Children: Two beautiful daughtersr - thank you Guys hospital

Thursday, August 1st 2013, 6:26am

I've also had issues with HV at my LO as she's between the 2nd and 0.4th centile. I agree with Polly ( who's given me some amazing support on this topic!) those charts are a nightmare. My LO is still just under 12lb at near 6 months but is already crawling so she's just small but theres nothing wrong with her development.

I am sure the HV just want to put a tick in the box to rule out any problems. Good luck and stay strong, it's so stressful when everyone is telling you there might be an issue but if there's one thing I've learnt it's trust your instincts.
NET

ICSI Feb 2011-:BFP: m/c
FET Aug11 & Nov 11 - cancelled pre ET
FET May 2012- :BFP:
DD born Feb 2013
FET Feb 2015 :BFP:
DD2 born Nov 2015

MY DIARY

2 registered users thanked already.

Users who thanked for this post:

Polly Pocket (01.08.2013), Newyearhopes (02.08.2013)

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE