You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Chilli

Megastar

• "Chilli" started this thread
  • United Kingdom

Reg: Oct 3rd 2005

Friday, September 15th 2006, 8:08pm

SCBU

I went to the hospital today to drop off some milk and the lady who runs the milk bank asked me if I wanted to see some of the babies, as a huge baby fan :D i jumped at the chance.

I met a girl and her baby he was born at 27wks and is now 38wks he weighed 2lb and is now 4 1/2lb - so tiny and perfect she was a lovely woman who had the weight of the world on her shoulders - her son was gorgeous.

It made me realise, not that I didn't of course but appreciate how lucky we were that M was full term. It is a worrying time for any mother when her child is born the whole new mum worries you have but when they are born early I can't even begin to imagine.

Glad I went today x

JoJo

Ace

Reg: Sep 26th 2005

Saturday, September 16th 2006, 8:41am

aww. I dont know if I could have gone in. As much as i love babies, i think i would have been too emotional. not what the parents need to see!!
It does make you really gratefull though

Jo

IRISH

• "IRISH" is no longer a member of FZ

Reg: Jul 15th 2006

Saturday, September 16th 2006, 1:55pm

absolutely chilli no one unless they've been through it can truly understand the pain and torment you have at having a child born prematurely...as a mum who has never had a full term baby i sometimes feel really cheated that my children never got the BEST start in life...with joe i never got that 'so big you cant move around thing' and it did really hurt me...also you're life is never the same again after watching your child in pain, on life support systems, on morphine, being told your child will not make it, having them at deaths door..you realise that you may have 'only' had them in your tummy for 6 months but you could never imagine life without them...***tears rolling down my face now***

i will never forget the past 11 months nor the people and friends i have met through joes time there either...would i change things? no i most probably wouldnt because he oozees life its almost as if he knows how close a call hes had (several close calls) and that he appreciates life..and i really appreciate his life and all that he adds to mine :D

and it doesnt stop at scbu or nicu you carry it home ...you watch your child 'play catchup' while others are steaming ahead but each milestone reached is like winning the lottery(i'm sure nikki would agree) each word, each new thing reminds you that they're getting stronger and better....what i wouldnt have gave to have been able to take my children home with me when i left hospital something so many just take for granted...

chilli you have done an amazing thing donating your precious 'miracle juice', without it so many babies just wouldnt survive..(v. prem babies cant tolerate formula) and so many mums find they are unable to express due to stress..i was very lucky to have been able to do it and i would have donated in a shot but i had a prevoius transfusion so couldnt

thanks chilli for highlighting this xxxx

• "SingingNun" is no longer a member of FZ
  • United Kingdom

Reg: Feb 8th 2006

Children: Rebecca, born 12th March 2008

Saturday, September 16th 2006, 2:01pm

Chilli

I too never realised that babies like breast milk when in SCBU. I would like to hope that I could do that when I have mine esp as the hospital as helped me so much I'd would want to do something in return. My friend at work had twins quite prematurely at 28wks. They are now over 2 years old. They both have some slight disability but they are doing so well for the fight they put on. I couldn't imagine what it must be like to go through that M24P. I can't imagine how well you and your family have coped. A - you are one tough cookie hun.

xxx Lorraine xxx

Me: 39 & DH: 42 ~ TTC: 5yrs; M/c@7.5wks (20/1/03) & became a mum after our 2nd IUI attempt in June 2007 to 6lbs 4ozs baby girl called Rebecca after an emergency caesarean section at 6.29am on 12th March 2008

IRISH

Saturday, September 16th 2006, 2:09pm

thanks lorraine it has been a rollercoaster of emotions and been very emotional writing this post...some days it just hits you like a freight train...joe spent 8 weeks fighting,hearing this was wrong with him that was wrong with him and then took him home and 2 days later he stopped breathing and i had to resusitate him...i will never forget that either will dh who stood helpless willing me to save him or either will my 16 yo son who witnessed it too...my hv said i have post traumatic stress disorder as i keep getting flashbacks of that night ....but i did resusitate him and i am eternally grateful to god that i did our guardian angels were most definitely watching over us that night

life is fantastic.. :D :D xxxxx

• "SingingNun" is no longer a member of FZ
  • United Kingdom

Reg: Feb 8th 2006

Children: Rebecca, born 12th March 2008

Saturday, September 16th 2006, 2:23pm

Having had Post Traumatic Stress Disorder over something v.horrible I know what thats like. I'm sure seeing your four children all together helps you and DH. Did you enjoy the wedding?

xxx Lorraine xxx

Me: 39 & DH: 42 ~ TTC: 5yrs; M/c@7.5wks (20/1/03) & became a mum after our 2nd IUI attempt in June 2007 to 6lbs 4ozs baby girl called Rebecca after an emergency caesarean section at 6.29am on 12th March 2008

Chilli

Megastar

• United Kingdom

Saturday, September 16th 2006, 3:52pm

M24P I am crying after reading your post. You are extremely strong, at times I am sure you felt you didn't have the strenght but as you say look at Joe now he is such a cutie pie with so much life and someone you must be so very proud of :]

IRISH

Saturday, September 16th 2006, 5:59pm

Quoted

Originally posted by lorrainec72
Having had Post Traumatic Stress Disorder over something v.horrible I know what thats like. I'm sure seeing your four children all together helps you and DH. Did you enjoy the wedding?

xxx Lorraine xxx

seeing them altogether certainly makes it easier but knowing what could have happened doesnt bear thinking about

**important**
incidently not to scare mums reading this joe stopped breathing through a combination of ongoing problems such as very severe reflux, haemoglobin very low on discharge (7.9) and of course his prematurity..

had a great day lorraine danced all day...missed the children terribly but rang all day to check on them but it was the best wedding i've ever been to :D :D

IRISH

Saturday, September 16th 2006, 6:05pm

Quoted

Originally posted by Chilli
M24P I am crying after reading your post. You are extremely strong, at times I am sure you felt you didn't have the strenght but as you say look at Joe now he is such a cutie pie with so much life and someone you must be so very proud of :]

at times you're right chilli i dont know how we carried on but you just cope...i remember the night when he stopped breathing and we were in hospital with joe on monitors and machines again(monitoring his breathing and to detect apnae attacks)....dh said to me 'what are we goin to do ?' and i said 'we just carry on as before, its not like a broken hairdryer that you bring back to the shop; he ours and our responsibility and i'll make sure i keep him safe'...the next day i properly learned cpr and touch wood i've never needed to do it since

Rose

Star

Reg: Oct 12th 2005

Children: now have little boy!

Sunday, September 17th 2006, 9:32am

m24p- your post has me readin it with so many tears in my eyes. it echos my thoughts and emotions entirely. I'm typing this with a lively one year old on my lap, and i think back to 12 months ago when we spent the first few days of his life praying that he would get through each night. i've never felt emotion like it.

i too feel cheated almost. i didn't get to pack my bags, or pour over magazines deciding what to buy, or get so big that i was uncomfortable.

but, i have a precious happy baby, and for that i am alawys grateful

eduted to say- sorry about the typo's, t is grabbing at everything in sight......... :D

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Rose" (Sep 17th 2006, 9:33am)

Sunday, September 17th 2006, 6:59pm

hi ladies

i totally know how you both feel

i feel cheated in a way the i didnt have a bump , dh never felt dd kick and other little thing that are normal in pregnancy

olivia weighed 1lb 3oz at birth and i cannot describe what that was like for the first 2 weeks we were told to live minute to minute not day to day as in 10 mins time she could be gone

i have know idea how we got through the 9 weeks in scbu but we did and livvie is a lively 3 year old you wouldnt know she was prem at all

every day though i feel guilty for a number of reasons

for the pain she went through for what i put dh through and all matter of things i thought this would have gone 3 years on but im just learning to live with it

i cannot thank the staff enough for what they did for livvie. i only managed to express for about 6 weeks as i had only 20 mins contact with her daily i just didnt have the stimulation i needed i was devastated but pleased i managed to give her something , but that is another thing i feel guilty about not being able to feed her myself properly

sorry for the long long post but this is so close to my heart

everyone who donates milk have no idea of the marvelous gift they are giving these tiny babies a huge THANK YOU to you all you are all angels

take care

lovezoexxxx
me 31 dh 30
me severe pcos
iui dd born 25weeks gestation
6 failed stimmed iui cycles since may 2007

IRISH

Sunday, September 17th 2006, 8:41pm

big hugs starlight...we know exactly how you feel...so glad your dd is now a bouncing 3 year old...miracles they all are...xxxxxx

IRISH

Sunday, September 17th 2006, 10:44pm

Quoted

Originally posted by nikki78
m24p- your post has me readin it with so many tears in my eyes. it echos my thoughts and emotions entirely. I'm typing this with a lively one year old on my lap, and i think back to 12 months ago when we spent the first few days of his life praying that he would get through each night. i've never felt emotion like it.

i too feel cheated almost. i didn't get to pack my bags, or pour over magazines deciding what to buy, or get so big that i was uncomfortable.

but, i have a precious happy baby, and for that i am alawys grateful

eduted to say- sorry about the typo's, t is grabbing at everything in sight......... :D

there is nothing to add to your post hunny..ditto, ditto, ditto

xxxxx

Eeyore

TECHNICAL ADMIN

United Kingdom

Reg: Sep 27th 2005

What's Up?
Manners are appreciated
and free to use

Monday, September 18th 2006, 6:52am

Your posts are all amazing, a real inspiration to us all - thank you so much for sharing your thoughts, experiences and emotions with us. You have me blubbing and it's not even 8.00am!!!

Chilli - what you did was such a wonderful thing hun. [zx252]

Have we supported you? Can you support us?

CLICK HERE FOR FERTILITYZONE SUPPORT & MEMBERSHIP

My journey has now ended. 6 babies in Heaven.

'It'll be all right in the end - if it isn't all right yet then it isn't the end!'

Chilli

Megastar

• United Kingdom

Monday, September 18th 2006, 8:19am

thank you Lorri - :( I have been really promoting it where I live as nobody knows about it?!!? I have recruited ;) 2 other girls who are about to start this week :]

IRISH

Monday, September 18th 2006, 9:29am

thats absolutely fantastic xxxx

IRISH

Monday, September 18th 2006, 9:30am

Quoted

Originally posted by Eeyore
Your posts are all amazing, a real inspiration to us all - thank you so much for sharing your thoughts, experiences and emotions with us. You have me blubbing and it's not even 8.00am!!!

Chilli - what you did was such a wonderful thing hun. [zx252]

each time i read these posts i cry ;(
**note to self** must not go into premature babies section.. :)

1 user apart from you is browsing this thread:

1 guests

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE