You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

• "optimistic2" started this thread

Reg: Oct 16th 2010

Children: 2 baby girls in heaven, 1 beautiful boy

What's Up?
Very grateful lady

Sunday, August 18th 2013, 7:02pm

Pushchairs I need some help

As we are about to adopt and are just waiting for our LO or Lo's i was just wondering if anyone cn tell me if they have experience of the Silver Cross Surf, and if so how old can the child be until it is too big, the website doesn't have that info. I really like it but it looks small.

The other one we looked at is phil and teds navigator as this has an attachment for siblings.

DH is beside himself for a 3 wheeler, my compromise is that it's red !!!
TTC 6yrs

IVF Feb 2009 :BFN:

DE IVF Jan 2010 :BFP: 2 little pink angels in heaven 30/6/10

Shock natural :BFP: 6/3/11 M/C 11/3/11

FET Oct 2010 :BFN:

MY DIARY
WE have been matched our LO will be with us for Christmas bab11

louise78

FORUM MENTOR

Reg: Aug 18th 2009

Children: One beautiful, healthy son. Identical twin boys born too soon, sleep tightxxx

What's Up?
One very happy lady :) xx

Sunday, August 18th 2013, 8:18pm

Can't help with any of them but it is very exciting to read this post!!!! :-) xxxx
6x cycles of clomid bfn
2X iui bfn
1x ivf - identical triplets - miscarried triplet at 9 weeks, lost my other two beautiful boys at 23 weeks - passed away shortly after birth 17th June 2010.
4x FET 1 early loss
1 natural early loss.
2011 Nov immune cycle FET bfn
2012 Jan immune cycle ivf bfp baby7 Ds arrived safely 1/10/12 : D
2013 Aug immune cycle FET bfp confirmed miscarriage at 8 weeks
2014 Jan immune cycle bfn
2014 April immune cycle bfn.
2014 July fet bfp ❤️ seen at 7,9 and 11 weeks

louise78

FORUM MENTOR

Reg: Aug 18th 2009

Children: One beautiful, healthy son. Identical twin boys born too soon, sleep tightxxx

What's Up?
One very happy lady :) xx

Sunday, August 18th 2013, 8:19pm

Perhaps phone kiddicare - they will have all the prams so would be able to advise on age etc x
6x cycles of clomid bfn
2X iui bfn
1x ivf - identical triplets - miscarried triplet at 9 weeks, lost my other two beautiful boys at 23 weeks - passed away shortly after birth 17th June 2010.
4x FET 1 early loss
1 natural early loss.
2011 Nov immune cycle FET bfn
2012 Jan immune cycle ivf bfp baby7 Ds arrived safely 1/10/12 : D
2013 Aug immune cycle FET bfp confirmed miscarriage at 8 weeks
2014 Jan immune cycle bfn
2014 April immune cycle bfn.
2014 July fet bfp ❤️ seen at 7,9 and 11 weeks

BeeS

Ace

Reg: Oct 31st 2009

Children: Two little boys born March '11 and Sept '13

Sunday, August 18th 2013, 9:24pm

Hi there and congratulations!

We have a Silver Cross Surf, in chilli red. Our DS is now 28 months and still comfortable in it - he naps in it every day. I think it's a great pram and I believe the current version has improvements on the version we bought 2 1/2 years ago.

When we bought ours I phoned all the stockists nationwide and got the best price from Winstanleys Pramworld. If you buy one from a stockist rather than with Silver Cross directly, make sure you register with SC for the two year warranty.

It's a pretty sturdy pram, with great big back wheels that make easy work of gravel/parks etc. it's a really comfy ride for your little one, from birth to toddler, with great suspension. The red is lovely and very visible when crossing the road, etc, which I think is important. It has less storage than some prams but that has never really bothered me.

Good luck with your decision - it's so exciting to be shopping for your new arrival!

Bee x
Bee

PCO/Amenorrhea. Resistant to Clomid. Success with Gonal F ovulation induction.
DS1 born Mar 11 and DS2 born Sept 2013

Reg: May 30th 2010

Monday, August 19th 2013, 3:44pm

Hi optimistic,

First of all huge congratulations!

I just realised you can buy pushchairs from Gumtree really cheap - it really saved us recently. You might not get the type you want but you can definitely get something similar, try it out and talk to the person who is selling. We are very happy with our recent purchase. I needed an emergency pushchair instead of a broken one, went on Gumtree picked one which ticked my boxes and read all the official reviews and descriptions of the type before getting in touch. Next day we had a shiny new pushchair and the great thing was that I could try my child into it :-)

Other thing that I learnt from my friends (who actually adopted two little ones) that you can fit 2 kids into a single pushchair especially if they are a bit older and can sit well unsupported. Obviously it has to be a sturdy one and those kids has to like each other but it works (tried it myself since) :-) Their little ones were 3 and 4 when they arrived (or was it 2 and 3? can't remember they are already 9!) and they used this method whenever in need.

I really hope it is two LOs waiting for you - you can always use a buggy board too.

I am also a big fan of babycarriers which are usually great for up to 3 years or even older, the child can just sit onto your back as a backpack when they get tired. Or onto your front when they are younger and not so heavy yet. It is also great for bonding and having a chat :-) Other thing I never thought of before but finding it great is a backward facing pushchair even for a toddler we are having great conversations wherever we go.

Sorry for waffling hope you find at least one little sentence useful.

xx Rianon

sasha146

Reg: Aug 13th 2011

What's Up?
Adoption assessment complete

Monday, August 19th 2013, 8:37pm

Hi optimistic

I don't have any experience with the prams just wanted to say good luck with the adoption, also see your in Ayrshire I'm not far from you heading to heads of Ayr farm on thurs for a wee day out

Good luck

X
ME 30 DH 37

ICSI Oct 11 :BFP
bab11 July 12
FET Aug 14 BFN
FET Nov 14 BFN
What's next??

1 registered user thanked already.

Users who thanked for this post:

optimistic2 (24.08.2013)

What's Up?
Very grateful lady

Wednesday, August 21st 2013, 11:58am

Thanks Louise,Bee, Rianon and Sacha.

We were out the other day together, first time in agaes and went to the place my friends husband supplies, we had a good play with all the pushchairs and even had some in the back of my car (I love my car and don't want to change it) DH is was so funny pushing them around the shop and all the staff were fussing over us when we said we were adopting.

We ended up buying a baby jogger city mini it has attachments in case I need it for a toddler and a wee one too.

Heads of Ayr is great in nice weather !!! Hope you had a good day. I'm in Prestwick, I'm from Lanarkshire originally but I love it so much here and we get lots of visitors !!!!! Who love the seaside :thumbup:
TTC 6yrs

MY DIARY

Reg: May 30th 2010

Thursday, August 22nd 2013, 12:44am

congrats you will both love it : D

optimistic2 (24.08.2013)

Flic

Italy Poland

Reg: May 8th 2008

Children: Had my first daughter on 25th February 2010!

What's Up?
Stressed.

Sunday, August 25th 2013, 3:22pm

I have a baby jogger city mini and I LOVE it!! The woman in the shop told me she had twins in her double one and it got through doors and everything with ease.

I use mine loads. Best buy ever for us I think. I love the fact it folds down with one hand!!

Our miracle was born on 25.02.2010!!

optimistic2 (26.08.2013)

What's Up?
Very grateful lady

Monday, August 26th 2013, 4:06am

Oh great news Flic, I'm really clumsy and had visions of me bumping into loads of doors and people lol
TTC 6yrs

MY DIARY

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE