You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

rb76

• "rb76" started this thread
  • United Kingdom

Reg: Dec 28th 2009

Children: One angel and her twin, our gorgeous little miracle

What's Up?
Looking forward to 2014 :)

Monday, November 11th 2013, 5:52pm

Keepsake for a baby girl?

Hi ladies

Am very excited to be posting in the parenting bit! For those who don't know me I finally had twins on 30th August after five cycles, unfortunately however I contracted pre eclampsia and they had to be delivered at 24 weeks :( we lost one little girl but our other little girl Daniella is now over ten weeks old and doing well although she is still in hospital and very little (3lb 5!) at the moment.

My nan (88 years old and very lovely) wants to buy something for Daniella as a keepsake - as she won't be around to see all of her childhood and teenage years - yes I know a bit morbid but true I suppose bless her! She asked me to think about what we'd like but I have no ideas - other than maybe jewellery but then how do I choose something Daniella would like...

Just wondered if any of you had ideas or were given anything in a similar situation? Thanks in advance!

Me - 36 DH - 48. TTC since 2008
March/April 2013 Immune DE ICSI Gennet, Prague :BFP: [zx076] [zx076] :girl: :girl:
Diagnosed with severe pre eclampsia at 23 weeks :(
Babies born by emergency c-section at 24 weeks on 30th August 2013, One beautiful little angel passed away shortly after birth. Sleep tight sweetheart x :heart:
My Diary

sasha146

Reg: Aug 13th 2011

What's Up?
Adoption assessment complete

Monday, November 11th 2013, 8:01pm

Hiya

What about a small thing for now like a baby bangle and maybe something for a wee bit older like a necklace, or how about a photo album with lots of pics of your dd with your gran or a family tree type thing? Also my gran who is also 88 managed to make me two christening shawls, I used one for ds and put it in a keepsake box and I put the other one aside just incase I have another one and my
Gran isn't around or isn't able to make a second one, it's such a small thing that my ds won't appreciate until much later in life I suppose.
I no your dd is very small at the mo but could you do a family photo shoot once she's a wee bit bigger/older?

Will get my thinking cap on for you

Congratulations on dd and so sorry for your little angel

X
ME 30 DH 37

ICSI Oct 11 :BFP
bab11 July 12
FET Aug 14 BFN
FET Nov 14 BFN
What's next??

Dusky7

FORUM MENTOR

United Kingdom

Reg: Aug 12th 2008

Children: Two beautiful little girls, so so lucky!! :)

What's Up?
:hello:

Tuesday, November 12th 2013, 12:56am

Love Sasha's idea of photo album, could also do something with an engraved message from her, a silver trinket box or something xxx

1st ICSI - Oct 08 - :BFP:!!! DD born July 2009 : D
1st FET - May 11 - BFN
2nd FET - Sept 11 - BFN
3rd FET - Jan 12 - :BFP: DD2 born October 2012 : D
2nd ICSI - May 18 - BFN
4th FET - Sept 18 - BFP but Ectopic MTX 7+4

DUSKY'S FET DIARY

Reg: May 30th 2010

Tuesday, November 12th 2013, 10:21pm

A necklace would be a lovely idea. Maybe best is to choose a very plain but elegant silver or gold necklace with a small pendant. It could be a letter 'D' for Daniella. If she prefers plain elegant later she can just wear it as it is, or if she is a bit more extravagant she can wear it together with whatever other necklace she likes.

It does not really matter what she chooses in the end. I had a keepsake necklace from my nan. Sadly it was from some strange orange stones I don't like so I don't wear it but I will never forget it and love that it is from her to me. It was one of her own necklaces so that makes it even more valuable for me.

So sorry you lost a twin. I am a once premature twin myself (28 weeks) and my heart aches for all twinless twins. Glad she is doing well. Will she be home for Christmas?

xx Rianon

Reg: Jan 27th 2013

Children: 1 - this is secondary infertility due to fibroid blocking my right tube

What's Up?
Gutted - where do we go from here

Tuesday, November 12th 2013, 10:46pm

Hi Rb, firstly :congrats: on your little girls and your journey so far, sorry to hear one is a wee angel, but I'm sure she looking over her sister and giving her lots of fight. Xx

I think it's a lovely gesture of your nan, I know death is a morbid subject but for someone who's lost a lot of family it's practical and it's a treasure to have something of a special family member. May be suggest to your nan to create a memory box for you to share with your DD as she is growing up. It can have a letter from your nan, photos of you and your nan, you your mum/dad, nan and DD to show DD her heritage and a gift either a piece of jewellery or a charm bracelet pandora or Thomas sabo, you don't need lots of charms just a couple that your nan could choose with a meaning she wishes for Daniella when she grows up, like faith hope and love or something?

I too hope your precious baby girl is home for Christmas blowkiss

Cheree's - journey to holding my little bundle of joy']MY DIARY[/url]
Me: 38 DF:40 1 DD 17 from previous relationship
TTC 4.5 yeas
Fibroid top right of uterus blocking my right tube
1st IVF cycle Sept/Oct 2013 :BFN:
2nd IVF cycle April/May 2014 :BFN:
3rd FET Dec 2014 :BFN:
Not sure where we go from here going to take a break

1 user apart from you is browsing this thread:

1 guests