You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

• "j84288" started this thread

Reg: Aug 24th 2008

Children: 2 daughters

Tuesday, May 20th 2014, 7:26am

in need of some weaning advice

Hi guys :)

I am sad to say that I think I want to wean dd from bf- she is almost 22 months and I really could go on forever (and so could she I think!) but I think the longer we leave it the harder it's becoming. Ideally I wanted her to self-wean but this seems highly unlikely before the age of 3. How can I do this? she is completely night weaned but first thing in the morning she is straight on me - it takes a lot to distract her and 2bh she wakes at 5am every morning! so my energy levels are low and i usually cave. That is probably the feed she needs most but throughout the day she does ask to be fed too. I don't know how to wean her because she gets so upset when I try to distract her. Was thinking dh might take a weeks holiday off work and try and help me with it but I just don't want it to go back to normal when he's back at work. I feel so sad to wean her but I realize I will always feel this way! any tips ? x
DH poor motility-Excellent SA following change in diet
BFP:26.09.08

Net

Reg: Apr 10th 2010

Children: Two beautiful daughtersr - thank you Guys hospital

Tuesday, May 20th 2014, 8:32am

Hey there

I just weaned my DD from bf last week - I cried I was so sad as it's such a lovely thing to do. I'm afraid I just had to go with distraction and not being around her first thing. My husband works from home so he got her up and dressed and took her for breakfast straight away whilst I had a shower and got dressed etc. then by the time I came downstairs she was busy eating her breakfast an had forgotten how much she loves milk in the morning! We have to spell the word milk at the moment as if we say it she starts crying and pulling at my top but we are getting there. DH has also been doing bedtime but I did it last night and it was fine ( she was feeding at bedtime and first thing only).

Good luck and on with the next chapter! ( this is hat I keep telling myself!)

Xx
NET

ICSI Feb 2011-:BFP: m/c
FET Aug11 & Nov 11 - cancelled pre ET
FET May 2012- :BFP:
DD born Feb 2013
FET Feb 2015 :BFP:
DD2 born Nov 2015

MY DIARY

Dusky7

FORUM MENTOR

Reg: Aug 12th 2008

Children: Two beautiful little girls, so so lucky!! :)

What's Up?
:hello:

Friday, May 23rd 2014, 12:16am

Afraid I haven't got any tips, dd1 self weaned after being poorly at 14 months and I'm still feeing dd2 at 19 months, but like you I feel it will just get harder the longer I leave it...have given myself 2 years as a max... As Net said distraction and alternatives and DH...lots of luck to you and well done on bf this long :) xx

1st ICSI - Oct 08 - :BFP:!!! DD born July 2009 : D
1st FET - May 11 - BFN :-(
2nd FET - Sept 11 - BFN :bawl:
3rd FET - Jan 12 - :BFP: DD2 born October 2012

DUSKY'S FET DIARY

1 user apart from you is browsing this thread:

1 guests