You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

• "nataliearchie" started this thread

Reg: Jul 28th 2009

Monday, June 9th 2014, 11:44pm

Twin dilemma!!! Please help!!

Hi all. Hope everyone is well. I haven't posted for such a long time because I just haven't had a chance. I occasionally check in for a little snoop though.
Any way I would just like some feedback/advice.
My boy/girl twins are now 3 and my little girl is 1. My baby is peace itself, not a bit of bother. However my twins are so badly behaved. My little boy is so much worse, he is far older than his years but now my girl is copying him and with added diva & squeal :-(
I have never overcompensated for them being ivf/prem/twins so I know I can rule all of that out. They're just so naughty. I've tried everything :( I work with kids 3-5yrs so the age isn't alien to me. I'm just at my wits end with them.
Can any if you twinnie parents relate?
Thank you xx
Mummy to Michael & Alice :boy: :girl: born 26/4/11 (2nd IVF/ICSI)
July 2012 natural :BFP: :sticky:

United Kingdom

Reg: Jul 2nd 2009

Children: Beautiful Jessica Mae x Holly and Elliot!

Tuesday, June 10th 2014, 7:48pm

My twinnies are 2.5 years now and can realate.....normally seems to be when they're tired or hungry I've found. I also think it's pretty hard for them as they are always fighting for attention. You say you have a 1 year old which might have made them start to misbehave too I suppose. It's a nightmare at times isn't it?,
3 X ICSI
Jessica Mae Duffety born sleeping on 9 January 2011 (21+2) - TS and HLHS
Holly and Elliot Duffety born on 16 October 2011 (25+6)
Natural Surprise - Matthew Evan Duffety born sleeping on 11 October 2013 (15+5)

Reg: Jun 10th 2009

Children: Two perfect 3yr olds

Wednesday, June 11th 2014, 7:12pm

I can definitely relate, my two are 3.5yrs and over the last year I have seriously considered locking them in a cupboard because they were driving me to distraction. When however, I thought about it rationally I realised that they were just pushing the boundaries plus fighting for attention. Therefore as you also have a baby, I am sure your twins are fighting even harder for your attention and what better way to get it than being naughty!

I would however say that I think we turned the corner about 4-5 mths ago, which was as much to do with my reaction to their behaviour, I no longer scream and shout. Rather I give firm boundaries. For example tonight Oscar would not brush his teeth, so I told him if he did not brush his teeth by the time I counted to 3 they would only get one bedtime book and not two. He refused and they only got one book (many tears were shed) he did eventually brush his teeth and said sorry and begged for a second book, but I said no and calmly explained why. I know tomorrow he will remember the consequences and therefore brush his teeth.

When I say I don't scream and shout, I should say 'I try not to....' Before those words, as we still have our moments. However, I would say my change of reaction has been the turning point in their behaviour.

All of the above was driven by a dear friend of mine, who knows who she is (from this site) and her coming to stay and explaining to me why my reaction to their naughty behaviour was just adding fuel to the flames.

Good luck, it does get better, I promise!

Jannie
Aug 09 - IUI - BFN
; Oct 09 - ICSI - BFN; Jan 10 - ICSI cancelled;
DICSI in Valencia Mar10 :BFP:
Jannie's Diary
Oscar and Emilia born 8th November 2010

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE