You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

• "birdii31" started this thread
  • United Kingdom

Reg: Jul 9th 2010

Children: a beautiful miracle son

What's Up?
Tx no.8 jan/feb 2017

Monday, December 1st 2014, 11:57pm

suggestions please???

Hi all,

Oscar is now 6 & 1/2 months old, and up until now he has had a good sleep routine. He has his dinner between 4.30 and 5pm, then bath at 6.30pm, followed by half hour wind down ( reading books to him) and then his feed (still breastfed first thing in morning and at bedtime), once he has finished feeding i take him upstairs to his cot. some times he falls asleep on the breast other times he self settles in his cot, either way once hes in his cot he stays there til between 5 and 7 am.
The problem is, O has been really poorly with throat and chest infection, accompanied with a sick bug... so the last five nights he has point blank refused to settle in his cot. i dont like to leave him to cry as he barely has a voice at the moment because of his throat infection. He absolutely breaks his heart when i put him in his cot. he has fallen asleep a couple of times whilst im cuddling him but within minutes of me putting him in his cot he is awake screaming. he has ended up in with me and DH the last couple of nights but i dont want to make a habit of that....
He still isnt well, hes much better than he was but he has a nasty cough and he sounds really hoarse... has anyone got any suggestions on how to get him to settle in his cot again? ive tried night light, white noise and cot mobile... ii really dont want to let him cry it out at the moment as his throat is still sore.

Thanks in advance for your suggestions xxx

Birdii's Rollercoaster - My Diary
ivf/fet 1-4 :BFN: 1vf 5 chemical pg
6th IVF Fresh Sep 2013 :BFP: [zx076] 7+3 & 13+1
Oscar Daniel born at 35+4 grade 4 placenta praevia.

Tx no.7 FET OTD 24/09/15... :BFP: ... no

Reg: Aug 1st 2009

Children: 4 boys 3 living 1 deceased

What's Up?
Life is getting there - mainly good days

Tuesday, December 2nd 2014, 6:36am

Would a blanket/sheet or something similar with your smell on it help? swaddling him maybe? other than that i Cant think of anything else as i still use co-sleeping. always have.
hope someone else comes along with more suggestions.

sorry to hear he's poorly, not nice for anyone.
maybe he will settle back down when he's better and its a case of riding it out (doing whatever to keep him comfortable while hes ill) and trying to sort his routine back out when he's better.
good luck xxxxxx
After a long hard infertility journey, i am now reluctantly done

Net

Reg: Apr 10th 2010

Children: Two beautiful daughtersr - thank you Guys hospital

Tuesday, December 2nd 2014, 7:26am

Sorry to hear he's not well. Personally I would probably wait until he's a little better and then try and reintroduce normal bedtime routine. I found with DD that when she was ill all routine went out the window but once she was well she settled back in pretty quick. We eventually did controlled crying when she was about 8 months or so to try and break the breastfeed to sleep routine ( longest two nights of my entire life!) but seemed to work, although I know it's not for everyone. And I wouldn't have tried it when she was ill.

Have you tried propping the cot up so its on a bit of an angle too so he's not lying totally flat? And. Steam humidifier can help a cold. dD has a shocker of a cold and cough at moment and that's really helped. As has snuffle babe? Baby Vick's!

Hope he's feeling better soon x
NET

ICSI Feb 2011-:BFP: m/c
FET Aug11 & Nov 11 - cancelled pre ET
FET May 2012- :BFP:
DD born Feb 2013
FET Feb 2015 :BFP:
DD2 born Nov 2015

MY DIARY