You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

• "BillyBean" started this thread

Reg: Dec 26th 2012

Saturday, December 13th 2014, 1:25pm

bad experience with clinic - need to move frozen embryos - need some assistance

Hi, I had a really horrendous experience with a Northern based clinic and instead of trying to put it right (which I gave then the opportunity to do - we don't live in a perfect world after all) they told me to go elsewhere. If you complain they turf you out! I am still reeling from the shock. I have had a headache ever since. I cannot find any useful information about how I go about transferring my embryos. Has anyone done this recently and can offer any advice or information about where I start? I have to pay all over again for storage - and I am sure the transportation must be really expensive too - so I am less than happy. - Not a 'poster' so hope I can find this thread again and responses. Thank you for your help.

louise78

FORUM MENTOR

Reg: Aug 18th 2009

Children: One beautiful, healthy son. Identical twin boys born too soon, sleep tightxxx

What's Up?
One very happy lady :) xx

Saturday, December 13th 2014, 3:14pm

Sorry you have had such a bad experience. I would put in a formal complaint tbh. I have moved my frosties from one clinic to the other myself in a special frozen vacuum thing - it must have looked quite commical. The clinic provide and you tell the other clinic when you will arrive and then off you go. there are companies that offer this service and i would find the clinic you will move them to and ask them to help you (which I'm sure they will as obviously you aren't going to get much help from your existing clinic). All the best and hope once you have moved you feel better about things xx
6x cycles of clomid bfn
2X iui bfn
1x ivf - identical triplets - miscarried triplet at 9 weeks, lost my other two beautiful boys at 23 weeks - passed away shortly after birth 17th June 2010.
4x FET 1 early loss
1 natural early loss.
2011 Nov immune cycle FET bfn
2012 Jan immune cycle ivf bfp baby7 Ds arrived safely 1/10/12 : D
2013 Aug immune cycle FET bfp confirmed miscarriage at 8 weeks
2014 Jan immune cycle bfn
2014 April immune cycle bfn.
2014 July fet bfp ❤️ seen at 7,9 and 11 weeks

Reg: Apr 27th 2012

Children: One beautiful boy. Centre of our world.

Saturday, December 13th 2014, 9:28pm

Hi

I'm sorry you've had such a bad experience. You may not want the stress, but perhaps you should contact HFEA?

As for transportation of embryos, we transferred sperm twice without any problems at all. There will be a charge to move if you use a courrier. It was about £150. Assume moving embryos is similar??

Good luck

Jenny x
One beautiful boy born in 2010 but multiple attempts for a sibling very sadly had to stop.

• "BillyBean" started this thread

Reg: Dec 26th 2012

Saturday, December 13th 2014, 11:58pm

Thank you Jenny and Louise. Been doing more calling around - It would appear that I need a courier as the clinic I hope to move to (not confirmed as yet just had a chat so far) shuts too early for me to pick them up and drive down the M1 in time (road works and 50pmh most of the way at the moment) - legally you cannot keep them overnight but a courier can. I hope the courier is only £150 - who did you use Jenny? Do you remember? The recipient clinic said they charge about £300 for them to accept them/process paperwork on the delivery. Storage on top - courier on top - and whatever fee the bad clinic charges. I have learnt my lesson - do not complain or your care is compromised. Louise - you have had a sad journey but hopefully you are now 6 months pregnant? Congratulations - you deserve this happiness.

Net

Reg: Apr 10th 2010

Children: Two beautiful daughtersr - thank you Guys hospital

Sunday, December 14th 2014, 11:56am

Sorry to hear about your experiences, that's awful. We moved frozen sperm using a courier recommended by the receiving clinic. He never billed us in the end (!) but he quoted £50 to take it about 12 miles. Good luck x
NET

ICSI Feb 2011-:BFP: m/c
FET Aug11 & Nov 11 - cancelled pre ET
FET May 2012- :BFP:
DD born Feb 2013
FET Feb 2015 :BFP:
DD2 born Nov 2015

MY DIARY

Reg: Apr 27th 2012

Children: One beautiful boy. Centre of our world.

Sunday, December 14th 2014, 8:10pm

Hi again, we used courriers in London. And we didn't get billed once either.....I bet it is the same person! I would use whoever your new clinic recommends.
One beautiful boy born in 2010 but multiple attempts for a sibling very sadly had to stop.