You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Julzo83

• "Julzo83" started this thread

Reg: Feb 11th 2014

Children: Twins!!!

Sunday, January 25th 2015, 6:33pm

Twins colic and reflux!!!!

Hi ladies!

Will I ever get sleep again? Haha?!! Well both my twinnies have colic and reflux!!! DS is on carabelfor reflix and prescribed medication for the colic! DD is on carabel also for reflux and I have jist started putting colief into her bottles after listening to her screaming for a week Here Is praying that it helps!!

They also won't lye flat so are sleeping in the pram at night hubby and I have spent quite a few nights sleeping on the sofas lately mostly because everything is so handy downstairs!!! Any advice hints or tips are more than welcome please share lol!!!! X x
Twins born 26-11-2014!! Girl 4lbs 3 boy 4lbs 7! Love them so so much!!

Don't give up hope ladies

Reg: Apr 27th 2012

Children: One beautiful boy. Centre of our world.

Monday, January 26th 2015, 8:55am

Hello

really sorry to hear you are getting so little sleep.....I remember how hard it can be.

I don't want to worry you but I wanted to check that your twins aren't sleeping in car seats on a pram?? I know that young babies shouldn't spend too much time in car seats. I can't recall how long - could be no more than an hour at a time - but it can be dangerous as it restricts their breathing. Would be best to check with an expert.

Am sorry, I don't mean to add to your woes, but wanted to make sure you knew.

Wishing you sleep soon - get family or friends to relieve you and perhaps take it in turns to go without sleep. That way at least you know you have a bit of respite coming up...

good luck x
One beautiful boy born in 2010 but multiple attempts for a sibling very sadly had to stop.

Julzo83

Monday, January 26th 2015, 9:11am

Hi jenny

I had the same concern but my doctor actually advised to let them sleep in the car seats and pram so that they actually get some sleep I doubled checked with my health advisor also! Indo get periods throughbthenday day time where I can get them into the travel cot for naps but at night time there is just no chance.

I was thinking of changing their feed as they are on cow and gate 1 with carabel fornthebfew reflix but will speak to the doctor today and see what she says!

Xxx

rb76

United Kingdom

Reg: Dec 28th 2009

Children: One angel and her twin, our gorgeous little miracle

What's Up?
Looking forward to 2014 :)

Monday, January 26th 2015, 9:26am

Our daughter suffered with reflux and we found colief and aptimil comfort worked the best for her.
They do grow out of it, but it's very tiring to say the least at the time.

Me - 36 DH - 48. TTC since 2008
March/April 2013 Immune DE ICSI Gennet, Prague :BFP: [zx076] [zx076] :girl: :girl:
Diagnosed with severe pre eclampsia at 23 weeks :(
Babies born by emergency c-section at 24 weeks on 30th August 2013, One beautiful little angel passed away shortly after birth. Sleep tight sweetheart x :heart:
My Diary

Reg: Oct 17th 2009

Monday, January 26th 2015, 10:39am

Try changing to Aptamil milk it's much better. Also sometimes using ready made can help because of it's consistency. It is more expensive but maybe you could try using it just a night. You could try some baby massage for the colic too, with some babies it can really help.
I would double check on them sleeping in the car seats overnight though. It's supposed to be only 2hrs max a day except on occasional circumstances. It's for various reasons, some of them being lack of airflow and also not being laid out flat which can cause issues for their joints etc. it might be worth calling the customer services of your car seat and have a chat with them to double check though. They are generally really helpful. The pram unit may be a different matter though, esp if it has a proper carry cot section. Again have a check with the manufacture. Have you try them in a cot but put some sturdy thick books, (telephone directories work well or argos catalogue) under the top two feet so it's at an angle. Just make sure you sleep them feet to foot so they don't slip under the covers. As Jenny said really sorry to add to your woes but I really would check again. Good luck with everything x

(I don't have my own little ones yet but was a trained nanny for 8 years and I'm also trained in car seat fitting and advice from both maxi-cosi and britax. And some prams etc. Didn't want you thinking, how does she know!!) x
TTC 8yrs
3 early mc
ICSI x 3 BFN
ICSI no 4 march/April :BFP:
1 [zx076] seen 7 wks.
bab21

1 registered user thanked already.

Users who thanked for this post:

Net (26.01.2015)

Net

Reg: Apr 10th 2010

Children: Two beautiful daughtersr - thank you Guys hospital

Monday, January 26th 2015, 1:00pm

Hello
I would echo the others re the car seats. I think te guidance is two hours maximum due to issues with their spines being put in the wrong position. Have you checked littlerefluxers website? I found it really helpful. There are some supports you can buy via them to prop up baby in a Moses basket etc to help reflux. We found putting DD to sleep on her side or tummy with Moses basket propped up one end helped massively too but I know not all would be happy to do that.

Good luck hope you get more sleep soon xx
NET

ICSI Feb 2011-:BFP: m/c
FET Aug11 & Nov 11 - cancelled pre ET
FET May 2012- :BFP:
DD born Feb 2013
FET Feb 2015 :BFP:
DD2 born Nov 2015

MY DIARY

United Kingdom

Reg: Jul 2nd 2009

Children: Beautiful Jessica Mae x Holly and Elliot!

Monday, January 26th 2015, 10:22pm

So both my twins suffered with chronic reflux until well over a year old. Both were prescribed ranitidine and domperidone, plus infant gaviscon in every feed. Even with all of this, if I laid them down after feeding, even half and hour later, they would vomit and become very upset. I bought a couple of really comfy bouncer chairs which I had in the nursery and fed one after the other. So the first would be fed and placed in the bouncy chair, then onto the next. It would take approximately 30 mins to feed each anyway so they each got at least that long upright. I also purchased foam wedges which I placed under their mattresses. It's a nightmare to be honest but once you start weaning, things will be easier!
3 X ICSI
Jessica Mae Duffety born sleeping on 9 January 2011 (21+2) - TS and HLHS
Holly and Elliot Duffety born on 16 October 2011 (25+6)
Natural Surprise - Matthew Evan Duffety born sleeping on 11 October 2013 (15+5)

Julzo83

Tuesday, January 27th 2015, 2:18pm

Thank you ladies!! So I have ordered two ifntheubare foam wedges for the moses baskets so hoping I can get then back into those will give it a go Anyway!!

Their pram is fine for them to sleep in as it does lie flat and is suitable for new born borns and I only have it raised slightly so no more car seat! Have also purchased two comfy bouncy chairs today!!

Thank you all for your advice!!!!! First time parenting is a scarey business lol I think my doctor is sick of the sound of my voice now haha!!

Xx

Net

Reg: Apr 10th 2010

Children: Two beautiful daughtersr - thank you Guys hospital

Tuesday, January 27th 2015, 5:35pm

Sounds like you've made great progress today! My GP was sick of me too, oh well! Xxx
NET

ICSI Feb 2011-:BFP: m/c
FET Aug11 & Nov 11 - cancelled pre ET
FET May 2012- :BFP:
DD born Feb 2013
FET Feb 2015 :BFP:
DD2 born Nov 2015

MY DIARY

Reg: Oct 17th 2009

Tuesday, January 27th 2015, 11:18pm

Well done that's fab. Good luck with it all. I really hope everything helps, and you get a good sleep soon but keep us posted. X
TTC 8yrs
3 early mc
ICSI x 3 BFN
ICSI no 4 march/April :BFP:
1 [zx076] seen 7 wks.
bab21

United Kingdom

Reg: Jul 2nd 2009

Children: Beautiful Jessica Mae x Holly and Elliot!

Saturday, February 7th 2015, 10:52pm

Have the wedges and bouncy chairs helped?
3 X ICSI
Jessica Mae Duffety born sleeping on 9 January 2011 (21+2) - TS and HLHS
Holly and Elliot Duffety born on 16 October 2011 (25+6)
Natural Surprise - Matthew Evan Duffety born sleeping on 11 October 2013 (15+5)

Julzo83

Monday, February 9th 2015, 8:59am

Hi ladies!!

Bouncy chairs have helped for through the day! Twins still won't lye in the baskets even with the wedges so slowly putting them into the baskets for 10 to 20 mind each day to try to get them used to them again.... Slow process!! James is settling a lot quicker at night with the tablets the docs has him on.. She also put Katie on the same tablets on Friday but not seeing any improvements she seemed more settled with the colief drops in her bottle... X x

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE