You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Reg: Oct 9th 2014

Wednesday, February 24th 2016, 8:48am

Hi Fairy what Lindsay said is it to a T X Hopefully u get ur letter sooner rather than later xx :thumbup: PB85 that's great news about your scan everything must be going in the right direction X :party: Well ladies yesterday morning after I took my spray I was violently sick I was really worried and phoned the hospital and they said it's probably not connected and the evening spray was fine which was a relief. Anyway it's the bug that has hit our house my husband is now sick xx :tears: but it's also a relief it's not a reaction to the spray xx

• "8141lindsay" started this thread

Reg: Jan 10th 2016

Wednesday, February 24th 2016, 9:01pm

Oh no! That's awful dreams,hope you all recover quickly!!xx

Reg: Oct 15th 2015

Saturday, February 27th 2016, 6:45pm

Hi All :) has anyone any tips on how to kill time while waiting to get to the top of the list?? We signed are papers in October so id say we are half way through the waiting process, some days it drives me crazy ;( and some days im fine. I just wish we could fast forward this waiting process!! xox

Taggie2

Reg: Feb 6th 2016

Sunday, February 28th 2016, 4:15pm

Hi all, I start my ivf cycle at rfc on 17th March, nasal spray etc. Not looking forward to these injections at all!!!
I had been reading that some people take low dose aspirin during ivf to increase the chances but I asked the nurse and she said absolutely not. So I'm just trying to have a healthy lifestyle until I start the treatment. Lots of veggies!! My predicted egg collection is 14th April. Im sure we'll bump into each other in the waiting room at some point haha!

Pb85

Ace

Reg: Jun 8th 2014

Sunday, February 28th 2016, 8:14pm

Hi everyone. Seems to be a lot of ladies starting soon.
Dreams how u getting on with the spray? Hope your feeling better now.
Thanks Lindsay , I have my egg collection tomorrow. Can't believe I'm here already!

Taggie I've never heard of anyone taking aspirin. People have a lot of things they do and my doctor said the best you can do is just have a balanced diet and take your folic acid. Although I take pregnacare that contains it. Also this cycle I took Royal jelly so il soon see if it was worth taking or not.

Xx

Sunday, February 28th 2016, 8:50pm

Hi hopeful sorry I have no advise for the wait I think the last month was the worse for me your best just try and relax it will be here before u know it I wish u luck in your cycle x :flowers: Taggie welcome, I've never heard of anyone taking aspirin during IVF I do however have a friend who had recurring miscarriages and she took aspirin during ttc and her pregnancy X Good luck in your cycle keep us updated how u get on :cheers2: Pb good luck for 2morrow hopefully everything goes well xx Let us know how I goes :goodluck: Thanks I'm a lot better the bug was only a 48hr thing but I am a bit ligh headed at times but nothing major can't believe I'm a week down 2morrow xx smile2

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "dreamscometrue" (Feb 28th 2016, 8:52pm)

Monday, February 29th 2016, 12:19am

Hi all newcomers! Hopefull there is no way to pass the time,believe me! But I would say if u want a holiday get it done before you get to top of list,cos u are limited once u get started!! :cheeers:
Taggie we just coupla days apart on our treatment! Not long to go now!! Never heard of asprin either,would avoid taking anything extra,there's enough meds as it is!! whoops3
Glad u feeling better dreams, can't believe your a week in either! How u finding the spray,any side effects?
Pb85 hope all went well today,fingers crossed for you!! Please let us know how it's going!!xx :thumbsup2:

fairyxo

Reg: May 26th 2015

Monday, February 29th 2016, 2:29am

Hi everyone.

Taggie2 I've been taking aspirin 75mg daily for a few months. It helps to improve blood flow to the uterine arteries in women who have blocked Fallopian tubes.
I will stop this prior to starting the Ivf drugs though.

I've started taking co-enzyme q10 in preparation for starting. Anyone else taken this?

For egg retrieval in a woman with blocked tubes, how do they go about this? Do they go in through your side? Also do you have any pain relief/sedation for this process?

Thanks ladies, ❤️

Monday, February 29th 2016, 8:21am

Fairy I don't have blocked tubes so I'm really not sure what they do, sorry I can't be of any help X they only thing I've been taking is pregnicare X Lindsay The spray is fine only thing I find it sometimes a bit goes down your throat and it doesn't taste very nice and it can come down your nose, but the nurse said to expect it xx I am light headed at times but nothing major xx

Reg: Oct 15th 2015

Monday, February 29th 2016, 8:16pm

Thanks Ladies

Pb85

Ace

Tuesday, March 1st 2016, 4:36pm

Hi ladies. Had egg collection yesterday. Not going to lie was a bit more sore than the first time round but it's over. Got 11 eggs so phoned today and they used 10 and 2 fertilised. So exactly the same as my last cycle. So everything crossed that they survive to Thursday and they are going to transfer both.

I agree dreams, it doesn't taste very nice. Are you still drinking plenty of water?

Fairy you do get pain relief although the doctor I had last time gave me plenty, doctor this time didn't want to give much but the process doesn't take that long thankfully.

Lindsay it won't be long now till you start, I think you start around my test date if all goes to plan

Xx

Tuesday, March 1st 2016, 5:04pm

Hi PB I've been thinking about u, that's great u have two fertilised, fingers crossed they develop well for u! Just rest up and take it easy Xx :pray: I'm still drinking plenty of water xx My period is due today and I'm so tired just hope it shows up as they said if no show of it to phone, funny u always dread seeing it and this month I'm like u better show up lol x

Pb85

Ace

Wednesday, March 2nd 2016, 9:47am

Thanks dreams. I was the same, on my last cycle my period was the latest it has ever been. I had to go to rfc to get bloods done. So when they did my schedule this time I was put on the spray for an extra 5 days to give it longer to turn up and guess what, was bang on 28 days. Mother Nature likes to play tricks lol. Hopefully it turns up soon for you. I was really tired on spray too. Just keep thinking hopefully it will be worth it all in the long run xx

Wednesday, March 2nd 2016, 12:54pm

Thanks dreams good to know what to expect,so I can mentally prepare! Lol!
Fantastic news u got 2 fertilised pb!hope all goes well for tomorrow xx yea Im just starting 13th and you'll be end of dreaded 2ww!! Xx

Thursday, March 3rd 2016, 1:52pm

PB hope everything went ok today xxx

Pb85

Ace

Monday, March 7th 2016, 6:45pm

Hi dreams, sorry for late reply. Went well and got both transferred. Was just taking it easy all weekend as I was a bit tender from ec. Started back to work today and I am so bloated from the crinone gel I look about 3 months pregnant lol so wearing baggy clothes. How are you keeping?

Not long now Lindsay !

Xx

Monday, March 7th 2016, 9:27pm

So glad all went well pb :thumbsup: fantastic u got both transfered too! Other than bloating do u feel ok? Really torn how much time I should take off work,il have to actually shut up shop when I'm off x ahh that's if I don't die of boredom waiting to actually get started! Lol x

Monday, March 7th 2016, 9:50pm

Hi PB that's brilliant everything went to plan have been thinking about you xx not long now until you find out! I've everything crossed for u :angel2: Lindsay I'm not sure what to do about work either! My hubby Said if I took 2 weeks off all I'd be doing is stressing and googling and at least if I was at work I'd be occupied! I'm good! Just had the worst period ever yuck! :tears:

Reg: Nov 12th 2015

Tuesday, March 8th 2016, 1:21pm

Hi Everyone

Just wondered if I could have a bit of advice, we signed the forms in January 2016 and was told waiting list was 12 weeks, however I don't feel im ready, i had planned to stopped drinking and loose weight etc, but i haven't and was wondering what thoughts are on delaying treatment. I dont drink loads just maybe a friday night but have had a couple nights out where i have ended up drinking more than normal, so just wondering what everyone else has done in preparation for treatment, did you cut in alcohol all together? Just don't feel mentally or physically ready for treatment.

thanks

Tuesday, March 8th 2016, 1:30pm

Hi Wilkinson. What treatment are u getting? When I got my offer letter it stated that u could delay treatment for x3 months so u always have that option. I'm not a bug drinker and only have the odd cocktail so can't help with that! As long as your bmi is under 35 your weight shouldn't be an issue xx good luck in what ever decision u make xx

Reg: Nov 12th 2015

Tuesday, March 8th 2016, 1:41pm

its for icsi, with donor sperm. Think i might phone them and see what the time scales are and then decide.

I just to make sure Im giving it my best shot, and the process has been so long so long I don't think it has quite clicked with me of it actually starting and happening.

Tuesday, March 8th 2016, 6:36pm

Hi Wilkinson! Best to ring and see where u are on the list first,12 weeks probably only an estimate and it'll give u a rough idea if you've weeks or months ahead of u yet.dont beat yourself up either way,it's a big deal and its not just a course of treatment there hopefully will be a baby at the end of it too! All iv done in preparation is taking a really good preconception vitamin,regular acupuncture, I don't drink often but I had a heavy night in February and unfortunately to my shame I'm currently struggling to stop smoking (iv stopped 3 x this year so far) but I will not be smoking on meds nor while pregnant or after,before anyone gives me a bollocking! :-( so nobody is perfect! It's normal to have doubts and if u think longer will give u incentive to get healthy do what feels right for you,but in my case I know I need the actual appointment dates to encourage me to behave!

Pb85

Ace

Tuesday, March 8th 2016, 6:43pm

Thanks Lindsay and dreams. I have to say I didn't take off as much this time as I did last time and I'm glad. Last time I took off for my two scans. Then day of egg collection until my transfer. My tranfers were both on a Friday. Last time I took the whole first week of tww and drove myself silly over every twinge or anything! And looked everything up on google, which was kind of pointless as crinone can give you a lot of side effects similar to a period or pregnancy. So this time i went back to work on the Monday, just was careful with what I am doing and it keeps my mind of it a little and instead I just booked a half day off tomorrow for little mid week break lol. Everyone is different and some people prefer to be off but last time I even phoned my husband in tears over nothing because I was driving myself mad!

Hi wilkinson, a few people on here have postponed before. Think you only have 3 months though. To be honest I didn't drink for quite a while before I started but I don't drink very much either. If you don't think your ready then just give yourself that extra time. You don't want to start and then keep thinking I wish I had of waited.

Xx

Monday, March 14th 2016, 7:37pm

Well ladies,how's it going with you all?hope yous all well,Any updates?x

Monday, March 14th 2016, 9:26pm

Hi all,again! Lol! Bit of advice needed,keep sneezing about 10 mins after using nasal spray, hold my nose but am scared to blow it,so I'm sniffing constantly for an hour after,very gross I know,any one else have this problem?x

Monday, March 14th 2016, 9:58pm

Hi Lindsay, I'm doing grand sniffing away lol start injections Thursday week! I haven't experienced the sniffing but it does run down my nose sometimes but the nurse said not to worry about it if it happens as u only need a tiny amount of it to work xx oh I have been going to acupuncture and find it strangely relaxing X

Tuesday, March 15th 2016, 12:48am

Glad ur doing well! I love my acupuncture too,I come away like a zombie! Lol! That's not so bad it only takes a wee bit to work cos other than sniffing and sounding disgusting iv had no other side effects...so far!! Was thinking It wasn't working!keep me posted on how the injections go for u!!xx

Tuesday, March 15th 2016, 8:31pm

I will do! Dreading it lol xx have u paid for your eeva yet? I need to stop eating and exercising again I've been so bad!! :thumbdown:

Pb85

Ace

Wednesday, March 16th 2016, 7:46pm

Hi Lindsay, glad your getting on well with the spray. My nurse told me if I'm sniffing to blow my nose before I take spray.
Dreams, don't worry about the injections. Once you get the first one over you will be grand.
I paid for eeva on both my cycles but didn't use it as I only had two embryos so the money got refunded.

It's my test day tomorrow but unfortunately my period started on Sunday, exactly the same as my last cycle. Il still do test anyway. So think I'm going to go to a different clinic for my next cycle so back to saving again as the other clinics are more expensive but sure hopefully il get a bfp.

Xx

Wednesday, March 16th 2016, 10:44pm

Hi PB, I am so so sorry to hear your news xx Big hugs! [zx028] I wish you loads of luck with your next cycle :xxx3:

Reg: Sep 28th 2015

Children: None

Thursday, March 17th 2016, 12:57am

Sorry to hear ur news thinking on you xx

Thursday, March 17th 2016, 1:11pm

I'm so sorry pb ;( really hope ur ok,il say a wee prayer for u.thanks for all your advice,iv really appreciated it! Good luck for your next cycle xx

Wednesday, March 23rd 2016, 7:07pm

Hi dreams,have u started injections yet?? Sorry never saw your earlier question,yea eeva paid had to put it on cred card and worry about it next month! :-( well at least I know my down reg working had horrendous period along with what can only be described as a hysterical panic attack with sobbing that lasted 2 days!! X

Wednesday, March 23rd 2016, 10:41pm

Hi Lindsay I start my injections 2morrow! Dreading doing the first one xx I'm going to phone and pay mine 2morrow X Oh no about panic attack! I've not been to bad slightly more emotional than usual xx

Thursday, March 24th 2016, 7:47am

Hi Lindsay took my first injection was fine! Xx

Friday, March 25th 2016, 8:08pm

So on Sunday do we change the time we take our drugs with the clock change? Xx

Saturday, March 26th 2016, 6:16pm

That's good the injections went well,never thot of clock change,my times suits me well so il prob just stay with them would only mean ur morning meds on Sunday be an hour sooner than normal,I assume that'll be ok,tho if anyone knows any diff let us know!!xc

Saturday, March 26th 2016, 9:23pm

So do mine so I think I'll just stick with my times!

Saturday, March 26th 2016, 9:29pm

So far no side effects with injections just feel quite full xx hope u are keeping ok xx

Saturday, March 26th 2016, 10:44pm

I'm a lot better than this time last week, thank goodness! the panic and anxiety was horrendous,but iv always been bothered with that especially coming up to period,so I suppose I should've expected it :-( glad u coping well and the injections not causing any trouble! I start mine on wed ,and il be feeling full before i even start them,coupla Easter eggs to enjoy over weekend! :thumbsup: xx

Monday, March 28th 2016, 8:05am

Hope u enjoyed your Easter Eggs Lindsay xx Had my scan today in and out in 5 minutes xx Just said everything's looking ok and is early days and just to keep on same injection xx

ashlyn

Reg: Jan 28th 2016

Monday, March 28th 2016, 10:51am

Hi dreamscometrue happy easter! glad your scan went ok & things are going in the right direction. When is your ec date? I am spraying away my af is due on saturday, did yours come on time when you first started the spray? xx

Monday, March 28th 2016, 1:15pm

Hi Lindsay my next Scan in on Sunday, EC Tuesday then fingers crossed Fri or Sun transfer! Can't believe it its flown by!! We're off to the Galgorm for X2 night 2morrow so will hopefully take my mind off everything!! My period usually comes between day 27 to 29 and come day 29! I remember thinking at the time it's going to be the time it's late but it arrived lol X

Monday, March 28th 2016, 1:58pm

Omg! U are on the last lap now dreams! You'll be getting ur ec day before my first tracking scan,il hopefully be the Tues after u then,fingers crossed! When I got schedule I thought it would take forever, but once u start meds it seems no time at all! Well keep me posted on how it's going and what I'm to prepare myself for!!!xx

Monday, March 28th 2016, 1:59pm

And enjoy Galgorm! Soo jealous! Lol x

Monday, March 28th 2016, 6:24pm

Oh I'm so looking forward to! We were supposed to go at Christmas but my hubby's Aunt was dying so cancelled & rebooked for Easter was going to cancel it again but thought we'd just go and relax!! Although no :cheers2: for me lol Oh I nearly had a fit today as I have mucus when wiping like u get when ovulating but then I remembered by friend phoning me when she was going through her cycle distraught and she phoned the clinic and they said it's normal!! I also Google to make sure lol so when taking injections don't panic if u get some xx blowkiss

Tuesday, March 29th 2016, 12:07pm

Be lovely for yous to get a break away,iv booked so much time off work after ec I darent look any breaks away beforehand! Lol! Oh thanks for the heads up on that, that's something u wouldn't think to ask at clinic but near die when u see it! Lol! Very handy u being ahead of me to keep me right!! :thanx: :flowers: xx

Tuesday, March 29th 2016, 12:31pm

I've been trying to phone to pay for eeva and have been on hold for 40 minutes did u find that?

Tuesday, March 29th 2016, 11:16pm

Sorry late reply,hope u got sorted! Nope I got straight through and payment taken no problem. Maybe just a busier day than usual x

Cia4

Reg: Mar 30th 2016

Wednesday, March 30th 2016, 2:30pm

Hi everyone,
I'm new to this forum, although not new to treatment etc. Ive tried to read most of your posts to see where everyone's at etc. I just first want to say good luck to everyone, this is not an easy process to go through and forums like this is so good for advice and support as I have found that although my family and friends have been really supportive they still don't understand really how hard it is.

We first started ttc 2010, didn't go for tests etc until maybe year and half later. Cut a long story short ( cos we all know only too well that this journey is sooo long ) my husband has zero sperm so we were referred to rfc for icsi. However we decided to go private first as nhs waiting list was so long. So in February 2014 we had icsi, 6 eggs collected, 5 fertilised, had one blasto transferred and 2 embryos froze. I tried to do everything perfect this first cycle - ate well, exercised and had acupuncture. This first cycle failed. We waited a few months and then had our remaining 2 frozen embryos transferred in August 2014 and one stuck. I was more relaxed in this frozen cycle, didn't do acupuncture, wasn't as strict on myself with eating healthyetc. We had our beautiful daughter in may 2015.

We were put bk on the nhs waiting list September 2015 so just waiting now for our treatment offer letter. Nervous but excited to start again

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE