You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

• "Daisydo" started this thread

Reg: Jan 5th 2017

Monday, November 6th 2017, 6:39pm

Any top of the list letters recently?? Wrecking my head again lol

Hey girls,

I got an email today from the manager of the RFC saying letters are being sent out but just not as many as there had been previously, i am trying to get an idea of where the list is at?

Reg: Jun 6th 2017

Monday, November 6th 2017, 7:36pm

Hi daisy doo I am constantly reading this forum for new info. We went on the list 29th March, what date were u again? I rang during the time the list was on hold a few weeks ago and the women on the phone who was lovely told me the last letters they sent were for the end of January. When did they start sending letters out again or what did your email Say?

Reg: Aug 25th 2017

Monday, November 6th 2017, 7:42pm

We went on list for icsi 30th March and phoned today. Told it will definately be 9 months which means letter likely end Dec. when asked re. Christmas etc they said they don't tend to stop apart from the obvious days... but obviously staff members will be off on their own leave!had January in my head but was kind of hoping before Christmas secretly!x

Monday, November 6th 2017, 7:49pm

I went on the list feb 21st, i phoned today and they said they still havent got to go ahead to send letters, after i got of the phone i was so annoyed wondering what the hold up was because the funding was there so why are they still waiting, so i emailed the infertility support network ni to see if they had any information and they sent my concern to the manager of the RFC and he emailed them back and basically said There are no issues with RFC treatment waiting lists and that are not sending for as many couples at present as they had over sent for NHS contract so have reduced numbers being sent for to get this back in line. If they didn’t they would have fulfilled NHS contract in February when it should run to end of March.

So basically there saying they are sending letters just not as many at as time as before, they also said they would be passing the concern on to their telephone staff so basically to tell them to stop telling us that there not sending letters

Sl_17

Reg: Jul 26th 2017

Monday, November 6th 2017, 9:25pm

My partner and I have been on the icsi list from 23rd march I rang today to be told expect my letter Dec/Jan which I'm annoyed about as was told not long ago expect it Nov/Dec feels like never gonna happen..

Reg: Jul 23rd 2017

Monday, November 6th 2017, 9:28pm

I'm on the list from 11th Nov last year. Still no letter. I'm waiting on donor sperm. Was told two week wait in July... still waiting. Have lost complete faith in them.

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Anniebell" (Nov 6th 2017, 9:29pm)

Jo31

Reg: Aug 30th 2017

Monday, November 6th 2017, 9:58pm

anniebell that is ridiculous

Reg: May 16th 2017

Monday, November 6th 2017, 10:36pm

Hi girls me again

Monday, November 6th 2017, 10:45pm

I don't know why the rest of my message didn't load.

Hi girls me again. I've been on the list for nearly a year on the 19th Nov. I had to defer for three months due to husband having surgery for non related issue. So from the 8th oct I have been calling every week only to be told yes I'm third on the list but no letters are currently being sent...I have read on here that some have received their letters so il slightly confused ? Has anyone sussed what day letters actually go out?

Monday, November 6th 2017, 11:19pm

Jo31 I know. I'm so fed up. I'm contacting them again in the morning.

Reg: Sep 24th 2017

Tuesday, November 7th 2017, 8:08am

I received my letters on a Saturday morning & they're sent first class. When I got my first letter of acceptance the only days I could call to accept was a Thurs or Friday. So they probably only sent them out on thoses 2 days. I hope that helps. Xox

Tuesday, November 7th 2017, 9:37am

Thank you Babycake88 .. back now to the waiting game lol

Tuesday, November 7th 2017, 2:34pm

Baby cakes when did you go on the list? X

Tuesday, November 7th 2017, 2:35pm

Hi girls I called this morning and my letter is being sent out today!!

Tuesday, November 7th 2017, 3:13pm

My partner phoned there and they said they are still on the end of january, it could be another month! Theyve been on the end of jan the past 3 weeks lol

Tuesday, November 7th 2017, 6:20pm

I've been on the list since the 10th January. I got my acceptance letter on the 28th Sept. Got my 1st appointment in the rfc on the 30th Oct, my next appointment is the 13th Nov.

Tuesday, November 7th 2017, 6:43pm

Thanks for letting me know babycakes, hopefully il get mine in the next month u signed 6 weeks before me, just wish i could find someone who gets a letter this week to find out what date they went on so id have a better idea lol am just torturing myself x

Tuesday, November 7th 2017, 7:29pm

Hi Baby cakes what happened on your first appointment on the 30th oct?

Tuesday, November 7th 2017, 7:59pm

Hi Martha, the first appointment only lasted 20mins. Both my husband and i got our bloods taken. We got to ask a few questions. Our next appointment on Monday and will last 2 hours.

Tuesday, November 7th 2017, 8:17pm

Thank you Babycakes88

Joys

Reg: Mar 29th 2017

Tuesday, November 7th 2017, 8:37pm

Hi Martha, the first appointment only lasted 20mins. Both my husband and i got our bloods taken. We got to ask a few questions. Our next appointment on Monday and will last 2 hours.
Hi, we had our pre treatment appointment today so we are likely to be going through this at a similar time. Due to my cycle and the Christmas period, we are on nasal spray for ages, then start injecting right after crimbo. Good luck next week xx

Tuesday, November 7th 2017, 9:01pm

Joys thanks for replying. I was wondering how it's going to work over Christmas. I have started writing questions down to ask in my pre treatment consultation. I have been so stressed recently my cycle has started to become irregular & it's making me stress even more.

Joys

Tuesday, November 7th 2017, 9:26pm

I think it will depend on your cycle, unfortunately for me we would've been going through it right over the Christmas period when the technicians are off so it's been pushed back to January for EC and ET. They said clinic is open over the festive period but technicians off for two weeks. I'm still trying to get my head around the dates to be honest as it seems I'll be on the spray for 44 days (max is 45 days). The appointment is daunting but very informative, I think I'm still trying to process all the info.

Tuesday, November 7th 2017, 9:57pm

Hi girls if my next cycle is the 23rd of November and I'm if seen before this what is the treatment plan likely to be? I'm having ICSI. I know if my appointment isn't until after my next cycle they will probably make me wait to have my cycle in December.

Joys

Wednesday, November 8th 2017, 2:18pm

Hi Martha, if your treatment plan is similar to mine (and I guess you won't know until you go for your appt), you start your nasal spray on day 21 of your cycle. I think usually injections start two weeks later but I could be wrong as this is my first time and mine is delayed / extended due to the holidays.

Wednesday, November 8th 2017, 2:56pm

Thank you joys .. I'm thinking it's going to be well into January before everything happens, the waiting wouldn't be so bad if we all new there'd be a positive outcome.. but I no there's no guarantees x

Carlie29

Reg: Nov 9th 2017

Thursday, November 9th 2017, 1:34pm

Hi girls. I went on the waiting list on the 23rd of March. I rang today and they said to expect my letter at the end of December. Anyone else had any acceptance letters this week?

Thursday, November 9th 2017, 1:44pm

Letter arrived this morning and offer accepted

Joys

Thursday, November 9th 2017, 1:58pm

Fantastic Martha, when's your first appointment?

Thursday, November 9th 2017, 2:13pm

Carlie29 i think they are on the end of january, u should get urs a month after i get mine so il let u know when i get mine they said it culd be another month :( x

Thursday, November 9th 2017, 2:35pm

Hi joys not sure she said it's likely to be 4weeks from now and as this will miss my November cycle it's likely to be December cycle which means injections could be starting 21/22 Dec

Reg: Oct 12th 2017

Thursday, November 9th 2017, 3:09pm

I thought when I had a chance I would give them a ring, according to the lady I got chatting with they are currently sending for people that were suspended due to the cuts which should be sorted within the next 2/3 weeks. She then said once that's completed they will be back to sending for people that went on to the list in February as that is were they were at before the threat of the cuts. She said there were ahead of themselves and the time scale was 7-8months but now it is 9-10months and she isn't sure how quick they can get ahead again unless they are allowed to send for a big batch of people at one time. She told me to call her back in a month so I have it in the diary to call back in December again. Hope this helps although not great news!!

Thursday, November 9th 2017, 3:54pm

Thats another 6 weeks wait for me then :( aww am so fed up waiting they were only on hold for around 2/3 weeks for the cuts and have been sending letters the past 2 weeks so i cant understsnd how it takes say 4/5 weeks to make up 2/3 missed weeks lol i really think am gona just go give myself a job there and start sending out letters haha x

Thursday, November 9th 2017, 4:33pm

Lol Daisydoo...She explained they have not been permitted to send the same number of letters out per week as before. They are sending for a smaller number each week and until advised different the wait will be longer. She said this is subject to change on a week to week basis so we will have to live in hope, I am just focusing on my weight loss trying to stay positive and telling myself I have more time to loose some extra unwanted lbs : D

Thursday, November 9th 2017, 4:46pm

Wanabeeee thats the best way to go, i am trying to stay positive to but the waiting is getting me down do bad, and its so fustrating that every time we seem to get close we get told "another few weeks" out first appointment with the RFC was 16months ago i thought it would of been done by now, we were going to postpone our wedding because we were told we would be going through treatment end of aug thank god we went ahead because we got married sept 1st and still waiting LOL i sound like such a moner but its just getting me down some days then others i am fine! X

Thursday, November 9th 2017, 4:52pm

This is the place to moan as we all know too well how you are feeling, so get it off your chest.
Just keep thinking of when it WILL happen, make the most of your free weekends and spare time now and enjoy nights out and trips etc, this is what we have been doing all year. Keeping active and healthy!! We will get there. My 1st app was Jun 16 so you must not be to far away from me. My review was 24th April?

Thursday, November 9th 2017, 5:23pm

I signed the list feb 21st 2017, yeah we have been keeping busy to i have always been into fitness so spend around 5 days a wee at the gym, i recentlu started a new job to do busy with that, we will hve plently on now with xmas fast approching so hopefully time will fly lol x

Thursday, November 9th 2017, 5:56pm

Jesus Daisydo i need to take a leaf out of your book for the fitness I've just about gotten my BMI down to 33.2. I just want to get the weigh in out of the way lol. Girls I got my letter today and accepted x

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Martha1" (Nov 9th 2017, 5:57pm)

Thursday, November 9th 2017, 6:05pm

But ur doing brilliant martha! It is hard work trying to diet i always tried to keep fit but my diet was awful so it was really only last year i started eating better and started going to the gym more often i have lost 10kg! Still have treats nearly every day but the gym is keeping my weight steady lol id love to do a detox to clenese my body before treatment am even thinking of doing accupunture lol id try anything haha x

Thursday, November 9th 2017, 6:30pm

Apparently there's a good accupunture treatment centre in Coleraine? 10kg you go girl x Any tips ?... my body just wants to get the winter coat on... literally lol

Thursday, November 9th 2017, 6:55pm

I started lifting weights and doing alot of weight training, am not a body builder tho haha just noticed once i started lifting weights my body started dropping lbs! The joys of being female the men get it easy

Thursday, November 9th 2017, 8:54pm

Martha just being overly nosy and wondering what your cycle dates are. I got my letter today but they are sending appointment out to me by letter. Just trying to calculate treatment. Always thinking and pondering whats ahead.

Thursday, November 9th 2017, 9:01pm

Grear news anniebell! Bet ur so glad the wait is over and its grea that you and martha will be going trough it the same time, when did u go on the list? X

Thursday, November 9th 2017, 9:11pm

11th Nov 16. I was waiting on donor sperm. Also like Martha my BMI is 33.3 but I was 38 so have sorta been maintaining weight. I put 7lb on over the whole clinic closing thing as was comfort eating but am now back to eating healthy and gym. I had already kicked my own ass on Monday so just in time. I also started taking Pregnacare today at advice of pharmacist as I went in to get vitamins but discovered cannot take mutivitamins with vit a if planning a pregnancy.

Thursday, November 9th 2017, 9:29pm

Thats right i rememher you telling me about the wait for sperm doner on another thread, id say after the year u must be delighted anniebell! So happy for you, what does the bmi need to be for treatment? Your doing well and i wouldnt worry to much about the 7lb you gained ul have that off in no time, getting ur letter today will be good motivation, i didnt realise that you had to be a certain weight for treatment, its crazy when you think of it you see pregnant woman all different weights x

Thursday, November 9th 2017, 9:32pm

If your BMI is 35 or over you will be referred back to GP for weight management and discharged. Can you imagine getting this far and the getting discharged?

Sl_17

Thursday, November 9th 2017, 9:32pm

Carlie29 we went on the list the same day! I was hoping to get mine before Christmas

Thursday, November 9th 2017, 9:37pm

Aww it would be heart breaking wouldnt it! God thats awful and it most likely has happened before x

Thursday, November 9th 2017, 9:38pm

Sl_17 i went on in feb and i am thinking mine will be mid dec so yours could be january x

Sl_17

Thursday, November 9th 2017, 9:43pm

Daisydo so annoying isn't it! A month ago I was told on the phone Nov/Dec time everytime I ring I get told something different x

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE