You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Joys

Ace

• "Joys" started this thread

Reg: Mar 29th 2017

Wednesday, January 10th 2018, 1:44pm

Between EC and ET

Does anyone have any tips or advice on diet / lifestyle between egg collection and egg transfer?

I had my egg collection yesterday (9 collected of which 6 fertilised overnight... I know it's early days but yippee), been told to call again on Friday to see if ET is to go ahead Friday or Sunday so fingers crossed we have some fighters over the next few days. Just wondering if there is anything I can do in preparation of ET? I'm still taking my vitamins and obviously still off alcohol and caffeine but have read about drinking milk or eating walnuts (which I hate). These may be old wives tales but thought it might be of interest to others too if we could get a list of things to do and things to avoid. Any tips would be much appreciated.

Joys

Reg: Mar 18th 2017

Friday, January 12th 2018, 2:18pm

No tips for the in between part apart from plenty of rest and try your best to relax . After transfer apparently pineapple aids implantation - probably an old wives tale but I drank pineapple juice anyway can’t do any harm (probably makes no difference whatsoever thought lol) I also read some websites say no dtd in the 2ww - others say that it actually aids implantation so advice is so conflicting just do whatever feels right for you! I went with the second option and got my BFP so it certainly didn’t do any harm lol!! just do not stress be good to yourself the next 2 weeks and I will keep everything crossed it’s good news love seeing BFP posts when I log in here :) xx
me 29 DH 37
Endo and MFI

ICSI#1 - July 17 - bfn
ICSI#2 - Nov 17- BFP !! - M/c at 6w1d
Hoping 2018 will be our year ....

Reg: Jan 5th 2017

Children: 1 child natuarlly

Friday, January 12th 2018, 4:57pm

Hi joys just seen ur post how did things end up? Did you have your et today? Xx

Friday, January 12th 2018, 5:00pm

Oh and can i ask are we not aloud caffine during treatment or why should we avoid it? X

Joys

Ace

Friday, January 12th 2018, 5:37pm

Thanks Mrsr2017, I'm gobbling up every bit of advise I can.

I called today and they are pleased with progress so going for ET on Sunday (5 day transfer) if all keeps progressing well - I have everything crossed.

I was told at my PTC to minimise caffeine, no more than 1 cup a day so I switched to organic decaf tea (I didn't want to give up chocolate completely so chose to stop with the regular tea).

Lauren84

Reg: Dec 18th 2017

Friday, January 12th 2018, 5:48pm

Heys joys im absolutely delighted for u such wonderful results its all looking so good for you. Theres not alot you can do at this stage just relax and let mother nature take its course stay positive. I read the opisite that pineapple is bad during early pregnancy and can thin your womb lining but again you get so much conflicting information on the web one site says great the other no! Everything crossed for you the hard part is over and theres absolutely nothing else you can do at this stage good luck for ur transfer that part is easy xx

Friday, January 12th 2018, 5:53pm

They didnt mention caffine to me and ave been going on as normal lol il cut down now tho i love my tea at night x

Tuesday, January 16th 2018, 7:13am

Hi joys how did your ET go? Hope the next 2 weeks fly for you missus xx

Joys

Ace

Tuesday, January 16th 2018, 12:42pm

Thank you daisydo, ET was quick and mostly painless. I had one transferred and 2 put on ice. The nerve wrecking 2ww has started and I'm back in work in the hope the distraction will help.

Tuesday, January 16th 2018, 2:23pm

So exciting tho joys!! When do u test? Fingers crossed you get good news!! Work will keep you busy, i am on the spray and hate it xx

Reg: Aug 25th 2017

Tuesday, January 16th 2018, 5:04pm

Joys were you asked for any input as to whether it was one or two, or was that decided by embryologist/consultant? And (random question!) were you offered a picture of the embryo? Are you RFC? (Sorry, I can't seem to keep track of what stage and clinic everyone is at!). Hope you keep distracted, I imagine it feels like the longest two weeks in the world!

Joys

Ace

Tuesday, January 16th 2018, 6:16pm

Hi, I'm with the RFC. No, we weren't asked if we wanted one or two, it was decided for us. Just said we will be transferring one today and then moved on to tell us about the development of the other eggs etc. I was okay with this as we had pretty much decided that unless medically advised, we'd opt for one if given the choice. And no, we didn't get a photo, which would have been lovely. The closest we got was being able to watch the transfer on screen and watching this tiny white speck of sand leaving the tube and floating up the womb. That was pretty amazing and will be something to remember if all goes well, fingers crossed xx

Tuesday, January 16th 2018, 6:35pm

I think I'm quite reassured that someone else would be picking, I was worried in case I was given any say, and I wouldn't have a clue which way to go! Aw it must be pretty magical. I'm booked for egg collection on Thursday, we had no fertilisation last time, so I'm trying to not think past Thursday yet, but it's hard not to!

Lauren84

Tuesday, January 16th 2018, 7:18pm

Hi journey they decided for us also. We went into the room and i was told i had two good quality but they wanted to transfer both. I think age does play a part in how many they transfer. Im 37 and had no frozen left so i suppose they wanted to give me the best chance possible. Lucky for me both embryos stuck 8 weeks tomorrow!

Tuesday, January 16th 2018, 7:43pm

I can't believe your story Lauren, I keep thinking about you every time I have a wobble! Aw that's good to know they picked two for you, they definitely must know what they're doing, and I'm definitely glad no decisions left to us!

Lauren84

Tuesday, January 16th 2018, 7:46pm

Trust them journey and will all work out for the best. Hope all works out for you

Tuesday, January 16th 2018, 8:16pm

Thank you blowkiss

Martha1

Reg: May 16th 2017

Tuesday, January 16th 2018, 8:37pm

Awh Lauren just read your 37 .. on the 5th feb I have egg collection... turn 38 on the 6th feb and transfer on the 8th feb. I’m hoping that all will go ok and I get a sticky bean or beans ❤️

Lauren84

Tuesday, January 16th 2018, 9:16pm

Age is just a number martha as long as your healthy your eggs shud be good quality. I still feel 21 lol

Joys

Ace

Tuesday, January 16th 2018, 9:20pm

Best of luck for Thursday journeyAtoB xx

Tuesday, January 16th 2018, 9:30pm

Aw thank you

Martha1

Reg: May 16th 2017

Wednesday, January 17th 2018, 5:05pm

Girls just a quick question I’m on Synarel now 9 days and my cycle was due to start yesterday still no show . On my schedule it says to phone them if it’s not here by tomorrow.. does that mean my treatment is now likely to be delayed?

Reg: Sep 21st 2017

Wednesday, January 17th 2018, 5:32pm

Hi Martha mine came a day after it was due so fingers crossed yours is on it’s way! Do u feel like it is?

Joys

Ace

Wednesday, January 17th 2018, 5:55pm

After all these months wishing periods wouldn't show, it's so stressful isn't it, willing it to come when you start treatment. Let's hope it starts shortly for you xx

Wednesday, January 17th 2018, 6:40pm

I think if it doesn't come they ask you to come in for a blood test, just to make sure

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE