You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

kazzie

• "kazzie" started this thread

Reg: Jan 16th 2018

Tuesday, January 16th 2018, 11:22am

Hello, I'm a newbie!

Hello everyone,

I am jumping back into the fertility game, very unexpectedly. A quick summary: I'm 43 years old. I didn't start my periods so had tests and laparoscopy with ovary biopsy aged 17 and was diagnosed with PCOS, high FSH and told my ovaries were fine, plenty of eggs but I wasn't ovulating so would need clomid. At the age of 28 I was referred to a fertility clinic for this, had further tests, chromosomes normal but was told my FSH was sky high so clomid wouldn't help and that I had no eggs left, was diagnosed with premature ovarian failure / early menopause, and referred to their menopause clinic. I considered donor egg IVF but didn't go ahead, choosing to take HRT (and then the contraceptive pill) and accept that I would be childless. However, I came off the pill last summer for a couple of months while I had shoulder surgery, and found that I had a regular monthly cycle! So I saw my GP and he wanted to see if any menopausal symptoms appeared, but nothing, and I've now had three regular cycles (30 - 33 days long). He's just done a blood test for FSH (it was on day 1 of this cycle) and it came back normal (20) - I believe this is on the high side of normal, but I think when I was younger it was over 90! My GP is going to do a day 25 blood test and says that it looks like my body has recovered...that I shouldn't get my hopes up but I may possibly be fertile, and has advised me when we should be having sex to try to conceive. I'm still in shock really, as is my boyfriend, but we're going to try, and see what happens. I don't want to get my hopes up because I know how hard this journey is, and I'm also too old for NHS IVF. I'm feeling quite frustrated and don't know if I should hope or not! Eek!

Reg: Jan 5th 2017

Children: 1 child natuarlly

Tuesday, January 16th 2018, 4:55pm

Kazzie omg ur story is amazing!! After all these years thinking u had no chance your now in for a chance to get pregnant thats amazing, it sounds like its meant to be! I really hope it all works out for you its like something youd see in a magazine, isnt it just amazing that after so long its corrected itself x

kazzie

• "kazzie" started this thread

Reg: Jan 16th 2018

Wednesday, January 17th 2018, 9:38am

Thank you Daisydo! It would be a miracle, my body has never worked right so I keep thinking that the next test will reveal that it was all false hope. You do read about these miracles but things like that don't happen to me. Argh, I'll just keep praying!

Reg: Jan 23rd 2018

Tuesday, January 23rd 2018, 4:38pm

Hi. Im Marj, 34 years old. Me and my husband had our first IVF treatment back in 2015 and fortunately we were able to produce 5 embryos (5/5). But our excitement was cut short when 2 embryos were transferred and lost them after a couple weeks (failed ivf). Now, after more than two years, we have decided to give it another shot for our 3 remaining embryos..... We are praying for the best.

tansy34

Reg: Jan 10th 2018

Tuesday, January 23rd 2018, 4:49pm

Hi Marj! When do you start your treatment? Best of luck to you xx