You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Reg: Jan 23rd 2018

Children: TTC # 1

Friday, August 3rd 2018, 9:30am

Ah fab. That's a much thicker lining than me....worried now. When is your transfer? I'm waiting for a call back xx

• "Anniebell" started this thread

Reg: Jul 23rd 2017

Friday, August 3rd 2018, 10:21am

Ah don't be worrying, everyones different. Mine is Friday. I have to ring them at 12 that day to find out if embie thawed. It's gonna be a long week.

Friday, August 3rd 2018, 3:34pm

Hello,

I've got a lining scan on Monday morning and my transfer is booked for Wednesday at 1pm. The nurse said that the defrost rate was 97% so i'm trying to remain positive!

Try and have a relaxing weekend. I need to try and get some accupunture booked. Have you got anything planned for before or after? xx

Friday, August 3rd 2018, 6:27pm

Aww brilliant. And that's a great thaw rate. Thanks for that info. I have a session Tuesday and I'm not too sure whether to do afterwards or not. You'll be 2 days ahead of me then. Your not doing the gels or anything?

Friday, August 3rd 2018, 6:43pm

I'm feeling a bit stressed for some reason and really clumsy! I met my husband for a drink at lunch and knocked my drink over our table off the tray, so it went in his drink and cake and everywhere! Think the realisation of it happening so quick has unsettled me. The accupunture lady isn't being very flexible and can't fit me in at all now. I had booked for Thursday but she said I need to have it on Tuesday or Wednesday. I know that won't make the difference of it working or not but think it feels like I'm doing something to help. I really feel like crying tonight! And because nobody knows about it I can't have a moan to anyone. Luckily work were ok about me having Wednesday off but I'll have to work Thursday and Friday, not ideal but I'm office based so should be ok. I thought I'd have my transfer on Friday then could relax on the weekend.

Sorry to go on...I can see the next few weeks being hard.Ive got a really sore belly today too which must be ovulation pains!

Hope you're feeling ok xx

Reg: Mar 6th 2018

Friday, August 3rd 2018, 7:49pm

Pup18 try not worrie about the accupunture i had it before my fet and got a bfn so i cant say it does any good.if you cant get one just book yourself a faceial or some other pamper treatment it will do you just as good

Friday, August 3rd 2018, 8:33pm

Ah thanks babydream! Think I was just feeling a bit let down earlier. I've downloaded an ivf meditation app so will listen to that and try and relax. Sorry to hear your fet was unsuccessful x

Friday, August 3rd 2018, 9:50pm

Pup try to relax like Babydream said have a relaxing treatment instead. Your hormones and mind will be all over the place. X

Sunday, August 5th 2018, 12:23pm

Good luck for morning Pup

Monday, August 6th 2018, 6:54am

Thank you! Will let you know how it goes. How are you feeling? X

Monday, August 6th 2018, 10:32am

This week has begun so I'm a lot more nervous than I had been. I'm getting afraid now. Worry is creeping in. I'm trying so hard not to let it but there's so many things that can not go my way. Started gels yesterday and stomach is on fire. I'm working all week up until 9.30 night before transfer so hoping that keeps my mind of it.

Monday, August 6th 2018, 11:26am

Hi Anniebell,

Are they progesterone gels? hopefully your stomach pains go.

My scan went ok, they could see that i'd ovulated and my lining was 8mm which they seemed happy with. I don't think it sounds very thick, but they said as long as it's over 7mm.

I'm not feeling very relaxed about it anymore either, but hopefully it'll all go ok. I've only got the day of transfer off, so back to work on Thursday and Friday which isn't ideal, but i'm office based so should be ok, and might keep my mind off it. The next hurdle will then be the waiting game. Do you know how long we have to wait before we can test? Yours is a 5 day embryo too isn't it?

When are you having accupunture this week?

x

Monday, August 6th 2018, 11:43am

Ah that's all good news. It's hard not to let the worry creep in. Being at work will take your mind of testing! Yeah, progesterone. My acupuncture is tomorrow morning. I think it's 12 days after transfer for a 5 day.

Monday, August 6th 2018, 4:54pm

Hope your acupunture goes OK. I'm not sure what to do about that, as can only get in on Thursday for mine, which will be after transfer. I know it's best to have it before. I don't know whether to go or cancel it.

It's come around quick hasn't it. I've been out to buy fruit today - i'm not really a fruit person, and when I worry I eat and I can't stuff my face with crisps all day can I ha ha!

It's very odd not having any drugs this time. The nurse said my lining got to 10.4mm on my fresh cycle with drugs. I'm kinda worried about it only being 8mm, but they wouldn't do it if it wasn't thick enough i'm guessing.

I'm going to try and chill out and not think too much. I've become a mad googling person today and it can't be healthy, so i'm going to stop looking up stuff.

Have a relaxing evening xx

Monday, August 6th 2018, 10:04pm

I'm not sure what to do either and am gonna ask acupuncturist in the morning. With regards to eating I ate all the bad stuff on my fresh cycle so going to be good as gold this time but we are planning meals out and date nights to pass the time if we get that far. Definitely still stressing out about the thaw process. Am terrified.

They definitely wouldn't go ahead if it wasn't good enough. Try to relax. I know it's easier said than done.

Tuesday, August 7th 2018, 8:48am

Morning,

Enjoy your acupunture session, would be good to hear what they advise about having it after. My only worry for me is because i'm not having it before, i'm not sure how my body/womb would react to having it afterwards.

I've been reading about diet etc and have read that eating 2 or 3 Brazil nuts a day is good for implantation (but not any more as they can be toxic). There is so much stuff online, hard to know what is true. I did the pineapple core thing last time, but won't bother this time. I think as long as we eat a balanced diet with a few treats, we'll be more relaxed which is more important.

I'm going to have a nice bath tonight (as wont be able to after the transfer) and try and relax. xx

Tuesday, August 7th 2018, 9:32am

I will ask advise of my doll for you. I took out eating last time. My logic was I had been brilliant to lose the weight etc and now I could enjoy food. Not this time!! I didn't do nuts or pineapple but will try pineapple this time I think. I don't really like either food but sure may as well try it. I done the McDonalds thing don't think I'll bother this time as once I do that I'll want to follow it up with more sugarary stuff.

Tuesday, August 7th 2018, 10:02am

Thank you!

What's the McDonalds thing? X

Tuesday, August 7th 2018, 2:14pm

I eat brazil nuts and seeds in my porridge every morning even b4 i started ivf as im veggie so i eat them for protien and still no baby so not sure eating brazil nuts helps us get bfp.i honestly think it s all down to the embyro and notting to do with what we eat.people with drink and drug problems get pregnant and im sure they have a few take aways on the way home from the pubs and clubs.this world is so unfair.

Tuesday, August 7th 2018, 2:23pm

Pup acupuncturist recommended going after transfer anyway as it can do no harm. There's a myth around about having salty McDonald's fries after transfer. Google it lol.

Tuesday, August 7th 2018, 3:02pm

Ok thanks so much for asking. I was worried it may interfere with the embryo. I'll go then as it may relax me. Did it do you good this morning? I'm feeling anxious today and my memory is bad, I couldn't remember the code for getting into the door at work!

Not heard of the that one- may have to try he he! X

Tuesday, August 7th 2018, 5:29pm

Any excuse for a McDonald's. Haha! Yeah am relaxed or as relaxed as I am going to be. Good luck for tomorrow and tell me everything. What time do you have to ring?

Tuesday, August 7th 2018, 5:42pm

I will fill you in. My appointment is at 1pm. They said they'd only ring if there was a problem with the thaw, so if my phone rings I'm gonna have a heart attack! X

Tuesday, August 7th 2018, 6:05pm

I've to call them at 12 noon on Friday to see if we go or not. Strange.

Reg: Sep 23rd 2015

Children: Beautiful wee miracle baby girl ❤️❤️ Dec 15, fet nov 17 miscarriage at 7 weeks

Tuesday, August 7th 2018, 6:41pm

Hey girls how’s everyone doing with there cycles, I’m due to start my private fet now in sept had to wait to then as I’m going on holiday next week, really anxious to get start absolutely crapping myself tho because we only have one wee frostie left I have a little girl from my first cycle and unfortunately miscarried from my first fet, have been keeping an eye on the thread to see how you’s are getting on xx

Tuesday, August 7th 2018, 8:58pm

Have you been given a time for your transfer Anniebell? Or do they tell you when you phone? I guess it's different at different clinics.

Good luck Newbie, I (and Anniebell) both only have one frostie too, so welcome to the club! Xx

Tuesday, August 7th 2018, 9:46pm

I'm with RFC. No no time just ring at 12 and be prepared to leave house following phone call. Who are you with? Welcome to the worry club Newbie!

Wednesday, August 8th 2018, 7:45am

Morning! Today is the day! I'm with Cotswold Fertlity but have transfer in Oxford......just thinking, we're not supposed to wear perfume or moisturiser at transfer are we? Xx

Wednesday, August 8th 2018, 10:08am

Nope dont think so. Best of luck for today. I'll be thinking of you. X

Wednesday, August 8th 2018, 10:39am

Thanks....no phone call yet. Fingers crossed x

How are you feeling?

Wednesday, August 8th 2018, 11:48am

Desperate with worry. Just trying to stay positive.

Wednesday, August 8th 2018, 5:50pm

How did you get on Pup? I'm feeling very negative today. A big hormonal mess. And did any girls on medicated FET get extreme tiredness? I've gave up caffeine this week too so don't sup pose that's helping.

Wednesday, August 8th 2018, 6:40pm

Hello,

Sorry to hear you're feeling worried today, that's exactly how I felt. I've been feeling very tired this week and I wasn't on any medication, it's probably mental exhaustion with all the things on our minds.

All went ok today. The embryo thawed ok, so hopefully that puts your mind at ease a but. They said it looked like it was doing what it should be doing. It was all pretty straight forward, the only bit that wasn't the best was that it took them ages to get the catheter through my cervix and it hurt a bit, I don't remember that the first time round but maybe the pessaries helped things up there last time. Just a waiting game now and I'm going to try not to obsess about any feeling I may or may not get. I.didnt have any McDonalds fries but have had an afternoon of decaff tea and biscuits so probably not the best. I've been given Sunday 19th August as test day! So 11 days to go! I'm having accupunture tomorrow so hopefully that'll chill me out.

Fingers crossed for us both (And anyone else reading this) x

Children: Beautiful wee miracle baby girl ❤️❤️ Dec 15, fet nov 17 miscarriage at 7 weeks

Wednesday, August 8th 2018, 9:34pm

Thank you both ☺️ I think the negative it all just part and parcel of ivf unfortunately you have your good and bad days I haven’t even began yet and I’m already felling it but as a friend said to me recently feed the faith and not the fear, that’s great news pup 18 it’s great to hear some positive stories about the wee frozen embies wishing you all the luck in the world :sticky: xx

Wednesday, August 8th 2018, 9:40pm

Ah that's good news. Fingers crossed all goes to plan for you. Acupuncture should chill you out! Newbie it's a long journey!!

Wednesday, August 8th 2018, 9:44pm

Thanks! How are you feeling now? X

Wednesday, August 8th 2018, 9:58pm

I’ve never had acupuncture but might try and get some this cycle, oh I really do know how long the journey is but I’m excited to get start I’m going on hols next week and don’t know how I will enjoy it but I know it’s def what I need before I start treatment are you having your fet in
Rfc anniebell who is your consultant?? Xx

Wednesday, August 8th 2018, 10:28pm

Girls how long did it take yous to get your review and then from review to start fet

Wednesday, August 8th 2018, 10:44pm

I'm up and down. Terrified everything I think about it. I took a hard fall last cycle and am scared to be on that road again but I know it's something I have to do.

Newbie I'm with RFC and it's Dr McFaul although that makes no odds when you start treatment because it's just whoever is available on the days you go in.

Babydream it was supposed to be 12 weeks until review so we actually paid for a private review to sign for our NHS FET. We got an appointment in half the time but I saw someone on here had actually been called for review really quick so maybe waiting lists have dropped. You would have to call them.

Wednesday, August 8th 2018, 11:17pm

Not sure weather i should wait for the nhs one or i still have one frostie with gcrm if i would have time to squeze it in if i go for the gcrm one first il probaly get my review in the middel of it.how much was your review

Wednesday, August 8th 2018, 11:19pm

Not sure weather i should wait for the nhs one or i still have one frostie with gcrm if i would have time to squeze it in if i go for the gcrm one first il probaly get my review in the middel of it.how much was your review.how did you go about getting it?

Thursday, August 9th 2018, 12:22pm

Hope you're ok Anniebell. We need to take each step at a time. Try not to worry about the thaw as the rates are so high it would be very unlikely not to work. It's such advanced science and the embrologists are expects. We'll get through it together. I'm holding myself back from googling today - it's hard! Xx

Thursday, August 9th 2018, 12:54pm

How are you feeling today? I've been up bright as a button from early morning, shopping all in, house all clean and heading to work shortly so the day should fly in for me. Not really feeling swayed one way or the other today just a lump in my throat and a hammering in my chest any time I think of this phone call tomorrow. I can't remember it feeling quite as tough as this on the fresh cycle but I suppose back then although I tried so hard to stay grounded I was 100% sure it was gonna happen, this time I know only to well it can go horribly wrong. My brother in laws child is due soon so I've been and bought the present and all that so I don't have to face all that just in case. It's tough enough as she got pregnant the week my fresh cycle failed.

Google is BAD!! Don't do it lol...

Babydream I think it was £80 and you ring medical associates. RFC administration can give you the number.

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Anniebell" (Aug 9th 2018, 12:56pm)

Thursday, August 9th 2018, 1:08pm

Thanks anniebell good luck for tomorrow hope all goes well.

Reg: Apr 15th 2014

Thursday, August 9th 2018, 1:36pm

Anniebell,
Hope you don’t mind me popping on here to say best of luck for tomorrow.

When I was down to my last embryo and the ‘will it survive the thaw’- I remember that anxiety. But when I was told all was fine- the relief was unbelievable- you swear I got my BFP. So then I was on cloud 9 and it kind of took away that stress of the 2ww. It was like I had all the stressing over me, and was so happy to ‘have a shot’ that I was then really calm and positive. So fingers crossed all goes well and you are then able to chill out with your embryo on board xxc

Thursday, August 9th 2018, 3:25pm

Hello,

Having babies born or people announcing pregnancies is really tough. I went through a phase of avoiding my pregnant friend and getting upset at seeing pregnant people. You've probably done the right thing in sorting the present now.

I'm feeling ok but didn't sleep very well last night. Kept thinking about what was going on inside my womb! I had acupurure today and almost fell asleep. She told me she was moving away next week so need to find someone else! Not the best timing!

This time tomorrow you'll feel so much better once it's all done xx

Thursday, August 9th 2018, 3:57pm

Thanks Little Orchid. I have such a good feeling about the journey other than having to get through this thawing business. If I get by that I hope I'm flying. I have a very chilled out 2 weeks planned with books and TV and dates out with himself.

Pup how did you find it? Did she say you were doing the right thing going for it? Make sure and be relaxing and resting.

Thank you baby dream.

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Anniebell" (Aug 9th 2018, 3:58pm)

Thursday, August 9th 2018, 6:00pm

Hello, glad I had accupunture. She said having it at any time is better than not, and it can't be negative ever.....but she's bound to say that..

Not feelimg myself today, really forgetful still and belly ache. Not sure if coincidence as I'm prob more aware.

Got fingers crossed for you tomorrow xx

Thursday, August 9th 2018, 10:40pm

Has it been a long day for you? Hope you have improved.

Friday, August 10th 2018, 7:30am

Good luck today anniebell hope the thaw goes well and everything goes to plan :pray: xfingers

1 user apart from you is browsing this thread:

1 guests

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE