You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

• "Anniebell" started this thread

Reg: Jul 23rd 2017

Monday, October 15th 2018, 7:54am

GCRM

Any reviews of this clinic?

Reg: Mar 6th 2018

Monday, October 15th 2018, 3:33pm

I went their for a private cycle while waiting on my nhs go.had a fresh cycly which resulted in a bfp with 2 day 5 embyros which unfortunaly ended in a miscarrie.went back for a frozen had 2 day 6 transfereed and got bfn.im now waiten on my nhs frozen.i think because you are paying they do look after you well and keep abetter eye on things and keep you well informed on whats going on so i will be returning to them.

Reg: Apr 13th 2018

Monday, October 15th 2018, 8:06pm

Im on my 2ww with nhs. I had a private cycle with GCRM while waiting on my nhs go. I personally felt I had a better service with the nhs. Going with GCRM has the benefits on starting quicker, nicer facilities and being put a sleep for collection. When we went with them I felt that they were all over the place and possibly had too many women in at one time.. The staff were all lovely but service was a big let down. I would have had the same opinion even if I had of gotten a bfp

Monday, October 15th 2018, 10:04pm

Thanks girls

Reg: Apr 15th 2014

Tuesday, October 16th 2018, 6:58pm

Hi Anniebell,

I have recently completed a fresh cycle at gcrm. Following a failed FET at RFC, I knew I wanted to give it another go and was all set to go to a Czech clinic. However life and work commitments were going to make it a stressful option, even though their results and prices were very tempting.

So I went for gcrm. The benefits I felt gcrm had over RFC were things such as admin, sedation during egg collection, parking, staff had more time to explain things. But none of those things are really that important compared to results. And to me the skill of the embryologist is what can really determine success. I have no way of measuring the embryologist skills, but I was very impressed by their input into my treatment. I am over 40, so the odds weren't great and the cycle definitely wasn't textbook. At one point I was hoping it would be cancelled, as it seemed to be going so badly. However I recently had an early scan and saw the heart beat. Early days, but I can only hope for the best.

Hope you find a way forward. Take care

Reg: Jan 25th 2015

Tuesday, October 16th 2018, 9:43pm

Just seen this post & thought I’d give me opinion. We have had treatment with RFC and couldn’t fault them at all for both fresh & frozen cycle. Unfortunately both treatments ended in miscarriage It was time to give it another go and decided to go with GCRM. After initial consultation we were meeting for our acceptance appointment & paying for treatment When we met the consultant he advised us that we should give ourselves a bit more time & try naturally as he didn’t feel we needed fertility treatment. To our amazement we never thought a private clinic didn’t want to take our money! Just goes to show that this clinic isn’t all about making money. PG we won’t need treatment in the future but if that time comes we will not hesistate to go back to GCRM

Tuesday, October 16th 2018, 10:26pm

Thank you girls and major major congratulations little orchid. Praying all goes well for you. X

Reg: Apr 13th 2018

Wednesday, October 17th 2018, 9:03am

Anniebell not sure if you are aware but GCRM hold open nights for you to walk around the facilities and ask questions. Some of the consultants and embyrologist work in both. I knew Dr McFaul worked at both but was surprised to see the same embyrologist at NHS.

Wednesday, October 17th 2018, 12:13pm

I didn't know that. I must find out when the next one is.