You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

• "LadyLuck" started this thread

Wednesday, December 13th 2006, 2:22pm

Surrogacy where to start?

A friend of mine is considering surrogacy. Can anyone advise where to start looking re whats involved? Any good websites to be recommended?

Thank you x

Eeyore

TECHNICAL ADMIN

United Kingdom

Reg: Sep 27th 2005

What's Up?
Manners are appreciated
and free to use

Wednesday, December 13th 2006, 2:27pm

COTS would be a good place to start

http://www.surrogacy.org.uk/

Have we supported you? Can you support us?

CLICK HERE FOR FERTILITYZONE SUPPORT & MEMBERSHIP

My journey has now ended. 6 babies in Heaven.

'It'll be all right in the end - if it isn't all right yet then it isn't the end!'

Reg: Oct 4th 2005

Children: Max born March 07 - thanks to frozen embryo transfer, our little miracle

Wednesday, December 13th 2006, 5:00pm

Is that A??

5 x ICSI b.f.n
1 x FET resulting in my gorgeous son born 2007

Wednesday, December 13th 2006, 8:44pm

Yes hun!

She has been told she has 97% killer cells and they think that is the problem. SO she has been advised to go to the ARGC in London where they are talking about some injections, she has been told she may have to have at least 10, they are 5 hour injections and are called something like IVIG or something like that??? Cost around £1100 each injection!!!!!!

So is considering surrogacy I said I would ask on here for ideas where to start. She thinks surrogacy will cost around £20k so I said I would get what info I can for her!

Reg: Oct 4th 2005

Children: Max born March 07 - thanks to frozen embryo transfer, our little miracle

Thursday, December 14th 2006, 9:31am

Are you seriously telling me they never knew this before now?? 97% killer cells and they let her go through all those ivf's which obviously never had a shot of working. That is awful that poor girl. Please please tell her I am asking for her and miss seeing her around the board. God vick me and you are so blimmin lucky chick xxx

5 x ICSI b.f.n
1 x FET resulting in my gorgeous son born 2007

Friday, December 15th 2006, 9:42pm

I know H. I will tell her for you hun.

She is pretty angry that they let her go ahead with the IVF and ICSI also knowing her levels were so high. The money she has spent so far she could have had as many injections as she needed and possibly got pregnant too!!!

Its just unbearable for her I would imagine. She has a job so has that to occupy her mind a little.

I will let you know how she goes!!

Reg: Jan 29th 2007

Monday, January 29th 2007, 1:31am

Gosh I did not realise the treatment after the killer cells test was so much! Shocking & your poor friend.

I suffer recurrent chemical pregnancies - Lousy word I hate it but as soon as I get a BFP it's a no go only a matter of days after AF would have been due I start to bleed! ;(

I have considered surrogacy too after a friend told me she would do this for me if I ever felt I wanted or needed to go down that route - pretty scarey. Now I'm waiting to move & then go onto private care & feel I need to address this killer cells issue.

How has your friend been coping? Hope you found some useful information.
1 Ectopic
Too many early angels

Reg: Oct 3rd 2005

Friday, January 18th 2008, 12:40am

Surrogacy can be a long journey just as adoption. The average cost of surrogacy is around £10,000 - £12,000. There are 2 different kinds of surrogacy, GS (gestational surrogacy where the surrogate carries your embryo) and theres a Straight surrogate who does it using her own egg and your partners sperm (via insemintaions).
You can go with organisations, COTS or Surrogacyuk
or you can choose to find your own surrogate. It is illegal to advertise for a surrogate in the uk, so many brits go on to some of the american sites to advertise where british surrogates also advertise.
There are a few British sites where you can go on to for loads of advise or to meet other intended parents one being uksurrogatefamiliesonline.co.uk and miricalesdohappen.
You can meet like minded couples going through the same journey and theres lots of surrogates to answer any questions you have.
If anyone needs any help please feel free to PM me. :smile:

TTC - 12+ years
IVF/ICSI - May 05 BFN
IVF/ICSI - Sept 05 Very Very long awaited for BFP!!!!(Had Acupuncture & Took Baby Asprin)

Sadly Lost our Beautiful Baby Boy SAM 21 wks Gest - 12th January 2006, and he was truly my miracle....
I Love You Sam xxx

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE