You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

• "Bluey" started this thread

Reg: Oct 3rd 2005

Children: DS#1 (clomid) 1999 -vb - DS#2 (natural BFP) c-sec

Saturday, March 10th 2007, 1:25pm

Public Holidays

Right all you part-time working mums out there .. quick question :

I'm due to go back to work at the beginning of May ;( .. and am only going to go back for 3 short days (6 hours) -- when I had Callum I only went back for 3 days but this was for a different firm and I worked Mondays, Tuesdays and Wednesdays so I got most of the public holidays off ... trouble is this time I think I'm gonna go back Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays and in my last firm a friend of mine who came back after mat leave and worked this got extra holiday entitlement because she essentially lost out on most of the public holidays because she didn't work a Monday ... I've asked the girl who deals with payrol at my work and she said that she would look into this and confirm but that was the beginning of last week and I haven't heard anything from them.

Can anyone shed any light on this??

Elaine
x
DS#1 FEB 1999 (CLOMID)
DS#2 MAY 2006 - MIRACLE !!

Bells

ADMINISTRATOR

United Kingdom

Saturday, March 10th 2007, 2:03pm

I went back Mon, Tues and Wed so got all the public holidays but had to 'pay them back' pro rata out of my holiday entitlement. The people who didn't work Mondays didn't get any more, it was the Monday workers who had to give something back if that makes sense???

Then again this was working for a bank and they were stingey gits when it came to time off.

Missy

Superstar

Saturday, March 10th 2007, 2:05pm

I think it will be employers discression too, as essentially if you don't actually work the monday in the first place you aren't losing anything are you? Hopefully though they will be nice to you and at least let you have an extra half day for every bank holiday monday :))

xxx

4 baby angels, forever in our hearts

* CLICK *
TO SUPPORT FZ!

Saturday, March 10th 2007, 2:41pm

thanks guys - although if that's the case I may just work Monday - Wednesday instead ... that is what I worked just after I had Callum and I did love it felt as though the week was just starting and I was finished ;) --- I'm not stuck to specific days re. childcare so can choose which days I go back .. will wait and see what they come back and say

blowkiss
DS#1 FEB 1999 (CLOMID)

Bells

ADMINISTRATOR

United Kingdom

Saturday, March 10th 2007, 2:44pm

I loved working Monday to Wednesday too. You get a really good long weekend and get to flounce out of the office on a Wednesday while your colleagues are all miserable as sin because they still have two full days left :D

Saturday, March 10th 2007, 2:46pm

I know ... and then you've also got the weekend :D
DS#1 FEB 1999 (CLOMID)

Saz

Saturday, March 10th 2007, 4:35pm

Don't forget you can also claim back ALL the public hols from while you have been on mat leave!

• "Flowertot" is no longer a member of FZ

Reg: Oct 6th 2008

Saturday, March 10th 2007, 5:07pm

Our place don't 'give back' those public holiday days you miss if you don't work them (if you know what I mean) - if you're part time. You just miss out.
Jen

Ella Louise Born Tuesday 12 September at 11.48pm weighing 6lb 14oz

Mum to a 2 year old little princess born after 2 rounds of IUI.

(Previously ZooKeeper/Twinkle Fairy/Fairy Girl/)

Reg: Oct 7th 2005

Sunday, March 11th 2007, 5:59am

in all honesty, ALL public holidays are ultimately and legally at the employer's discretion, despite them being "public" holidays and whilst you are legally entitled to take that day off as leave, employers are also legally entitled to deduct that day of leave from your annual entitlement

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE