You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

• "Bluey" started this thread

Reg: Oct 3rd 2005

Children: DS#1 (clomid) 1999 -vb - DS#2 (natural BFP) c-sec

Wednesday, March 28th 2007, 3:43pm

Working from home

Right - my hours are reducing dramatically down to 18 hours a week (2 1/2 days) 8o so I'm thinking about doing some typing from home - only a couple of hours a week just for extra cash to do things with the boys - I'm a Legal PA (currently studying for my Paralegal .. well supposed to be 8o ) does anyone out there do anything like this - I've found a few sites that offer this but am not sure about it .. any views greatly appreciated

Elaine
x
DS#1 FEB 1999 (CLOMID)
DS#2 MAY 2006 - MIRACLE !!

Monday, April 2nd 2007, 10:02am

Elaine, I would love to do the same sort of thing but cant find where or how to go about it. I love typing but just dont know if there is such a thing as home work???

Monday, April 2nd 2007, 10:15am

V - if you type home typing in google it brings up loads of places that do home typing - you have to buy special digital equipment (which I think is around £120) and then they send you a sound file and you type the work from that (I know someone who does this) I'd really only be looking to do about 4 hours a week and probably at night time - think you have more chance of getting regular work if you are able to do some time during the day as well - I don't want to do anything during the day - I'm going to be out 2 1/2 days at work and the rest of my daytimes will be Gregor and Callum's time -- but really would like some extra cash - still not sure what to do.

Elaine
x
DS#1 FEB 1999 (CLOMID)

Chilli

Megastar

United Kingdom

Monday, April 2nd 2007, 10:19am

My friend does it, she saw an advert in the local paper, she now types scripts for TV dramas and docu soaps. I thinks it's quite time comsuming but once you get into it it is quite good money. Also every so often they offer them double time if they get a certain amount typed over a weekend for example.

I would just look in your local papers we have them advertised here all the time.

Monday, April 2nd 2007, 11:03am

That sounds perfect Chilli - do ya think they'd post to Wemyss Bay???? mmmmmm
DS#1 FEB 1999 (CLOMID)

Chilli

Megastar

United Kingdom

Monday, April 2nd 2007, 11:23am

mmmmmm

Reg: Oct 1st 2005

Monday, April 2nd 2007, 11:25am

That sounds like a good idea, i would do something like that for extra cash, if any of you find some good sights could you let me know!! Thanks. xxx
Mum of 3 year old twins.
Had ICSI worked first time

Life is like a box of chocolates, you never know what your gonna get!!

Chilli

Megastar

United Kingdom

Monday, April 2nd 2007, 11:29am

Here we go try this

Typing

Reg: Oct 1st 2005

Monday, April 2nd 2007, 11:33am

Thanks for that, they want you to be a sec though, i don't have any typing qualifications!!! Just thought it might be an idea to make some money seeing as i am always sat at my computer anyway!!! xxx
Mum of 3 year old twins.
Had ICSI worked first time

Life is like a box of chocolates, you never know what your gonna get!!

Chilli

Megastar

United Kingdom

Monday, April 2nd 2007, 12:28pm

I think most will want typing skills of 80wpm and some kind of qualification. It's quite hard as it's obviously audio but you have to put in coughs, and mmm's and sighs etc and people talk over each other sounds like a nightmare!

Ethel

Star

Reg: Oct 4th 2005

Tuesday, April 3rd 2007, 4:17pm

I have thought about doing this - I do legal work - currently admin but going back to be a Legal PA shortly and doing audio.

Have you tried the big legal firms in your area Bluey- I know some of the ones near me do it. A friend of a friend had to pay for the digital audio herself at the price you said and as long as she does 70 words per minute a day (probably does not sound alot to some people - but as you know its quite alot in audio terms) - she can basically do it when she wants. 70 wpm is classed as a full days work. The jobs are really sparse though and she does a lot of long documents which are boring but well worth it if you can work from home.

Tuesday, April 3rd 2007, 6:31pm

Ronan - not many big legal firms near Wemyss Bay - its tiny :D.

I used to work for the biggest law firm in Scotland before Callum started school but they are based in Glasgow and it's about a 50 min drive away - all the larger firms are based in Glasgow to be honest ...... maybe I'll win the lottery .. as long as I remember to buy a ticket ;)

Should probably try focusing on passing my paralegal before I started throwing something else into my day/week .. I suppose to have passed by June 8o and I've not done anything for it yet :rolleyes:
DS#1 FEB 1999 (CLOMID)

Ethel

Star

Wednesday, April 4th 2007, 9:54am

It must be hard trying to do para legal, plus working and looking after little ones. I started to do it years ago but only did about a month - cld not be doing with the nightschool etc

Good luck with it all x

Wednesday, April 4th 2007, 10:33am

Ronan

probably would have been easier had I actually went along to a class - I'm doing the home study and just can't get my butt moving to do it - I got all the course work from Strathclyde Uni in November ....... 2005 8o - was going to have it almost done before Gregor was born and he's not far off 1 now and I haven't touched it whilst on mat leave ... worst of it is that I pushed my work to put me through it and eventually they agreed and now I've done absolutely nothing on it .. wasn't pregnant when they agreed to it and paid for it though .... will def. start on it when the schools go back after the Easter hols ... yes .. def .. hopefully .. maybe .........

Elaine
x
DS#1 FEB 1999 (CLOMID)

Ethel

Star

Wednesday, April 4th 2007, 10:39am

Home study is so hard to motivate yourself

The course is hard though isn'tit - its just so intense. I do wish though I had pursued it sometimes ie how long it has taken me ttc - i could have become a barrister by now lol

What sort of law do you fancy going in to once qualified ?

Wednesday, April 4th 2007, 10:48am

my paralegal is on civil court practice -- so I guess that's where I'll stay -- although not quite sure I'll stay with the same firm I'm with at the mo ------ really really must get on with my paralegal .. I know I'll regret it if I don't do it .. maybe not right now as Gregor is still so young but even in a year or two I'll kick myself if I have to pay to do it myself when my work have done it for me.

Going for a picnic this afternoon and out tonight ... MAY TRY AND START TOMORROW NIGHT - you seem to have given me some motivation Ronan ... please feel free to come on and kick my butt to get me moving on it.

Which firm do you work for (not sure if we are allowed to say or not on the site .. you'll know though Mrs Moderator)

E
x
DS#1 FEB 1999 (CLOMID)

Ethel

Star

Wednesday, April 4th 2007, 10:56am

Yes go on do it hun go for it

I do civil lit too

I pm you re the firm - got to be careful with the adoption what I post now x

Wednesday, April 4th 2007, 11:18am

I've PM'd you back hun - must go and get myself ready for picnic now - speak later.

xx
DS#1 FEB 1999 (CLOMID)

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE