You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

• "babynuts28" started this thread

Reg: Jan 15th 2006

Tuesday, April 24th 2007, 3:57pm

Going back to work???

Hi all, I return back to work in just 4 weeks time :( and wanted to ask your advice!

I am returning 2 and a half days a week and for those 2 and half days Al is going to his Nanny's who will give him probably 3 bottles a day.

On the days I am not at work I plan to bf is this still possible? I would rather not express at work as I work in a male dominated environment so you can imagine.....

I wondered if my supply would be okay if I fed him at say 8am then waited until 5pm two days and then 8am and 1pm onwards on my half day??

I am not ready to stop bf yet as I love doing it. He is also having some solids now?

Help!

xx

- 18th March '06
EDD - 25th November
BORN ON DUE DATE @ 03.00am!!!

Bells

ADMINISTRATOR

United Kingdom

Tuesday, April 24th 2007, 4:35pm

You will 'probably' be alright to do that as your breastfeeding should be pretty established by now and he will be six months old by the time you go back to work. You might find that he's ready for some solids at around that time, seems like it would be perfect if this was the case as you would naturally decrease the amount of milk he would be getting during the day.

If he's not ready for solids by then, then he will be heading in that direction so a decrease in milk supply probably won't affect him too much, my the time your milk drops back again he may be six and a half months to seven months and by then I would imagine he will be more than ready to tuck into a chicken casserole with mash and carrots at lunch time.

At the very least you could pump and dump at work. Quickly hand express in the loo a couple of times a day to get some of those milky hormones going and then chuck the milk away. It would save you taking any equipment with you.

Reg: Sep 27th 2005

Tuesday, April 24th 2007, 7:50pm

If it doesn't work and your supply diminishes, then as long as you still have the morning and the evening feeds on the breast, you've still got at least two feeds that are bf. If you find that you have to use formula once a day, then at least it's only once and the majority of his intake will still be breastmilk.

It's a legal right I think for a mother to have a private, decent place to express.
Had a total of three fresh IVF cycles and three frozen transfers (embryos and blastocysts)
m/c @ 11 weeks in 2007 DS1 and DS2 born from fresh IVF cycles :D
:D

Rivka

Reg: Oct 11th 2005

Tuesday, April 24th 2007, 9:51pm

I went back to work for three days a week when Plum was 9 months ish and continued to bf 99% on the days at home and on the days at work just breakfast and supper. No problems and have just wound up bfing now Plum is two weeks off one. You can only give it a try! Good luck xxx

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE