You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Bells

ADMINISTRATOR

• "Bells" started this thread
  • United Kingdom

Tuesday, May 1st 2007, 8:46pm

Accident Prone

Anyone else have one that always looks like they've done 20 rounds with Joe Bugner?

DD2 is ALWAYS falling over, ALWAYS running into doors, falling down steps, tripping up etc...

She's not clumsy or in the autistic spectrum, she just runs everywhere at 1000 miles an hour and doesn't look where she's going!

Tonight she was playing with a little girl from around the corner. Well DD2 ran out of the front door, tripped over the sill and landed on her face. One egg on the forehead, one bleeding nose, one burst and swollen lip and a swollen nose with a graze to the tip. I picked her up and brought her in but she wouldn't sit on my knee, wouldn't let me wipe her face and shouted "No! I want to play out!!!"

She stopped crying instantly and went off to play in the garden. DH had to force her to let me wipe her face and as I had my camera at hand I took a picture.... NOTE: The reason she's crying is NOT because she'd just sustained an injury to her face, it was because she wanted to play on the swing and NOT have me wipe her face..... I pretty much always have my camera to hand as some of you know.... apologies if some of you find the pic upsetting... it's just life ;)

A month ago... after running through the door before it was fully open...

At the moment she also has a black bruise to her left cheek. Does anyone else have a child that looks SO battered and bruised??? It's constant bruises to the flippin face!!!!! :rolleyes:

Missy

Superstar

Reg: Oct 3rd 2005

Tuesday, May 1st 2007, 8:55pm

Oh no :( Still she sounds like she takes it in her stride!!

xxx

4 baby angels, forever in our hearts

* CLICK *
TO SUPPORT FZ!

Chilli

Megastar

United Kingdom

Tuesday, May 1st 2007, 8:59pm

Coorrrr she's made of tough stuff 8o

Bells

ADMINISTRATOR

• United Kingdom

Tuesday, May 1st 2007, 9:08pm

And don't forget that broken front tooth to top off the battered appearence! :rolleyes:

mrsjasper

Megastar

Reg: Nov 2nd 2005

Children: 2 gorgeous girls

Wednesday, May 2nd 2007, 9:27am

Bells, its because her limbs are growing fast so her hands and feet stick out half an inch further than where she thinks they do! Also because her head is full of interesting things like mud and building dens (and Ted and his axe) and not boring stuff like 'I must be careful'. She's tough as old boots.

Bells

ADMINISTRATOR

• United Kingdom

Wednesday, May 2nd 2007, 10:58am

She's just slipped on the kitchen floor and landed on her bum :rolleyes: ANOTHER bruise!!!!!!

The day before we went to Wales last month she threw herself down the stairs and landed on her hand. DH and I exchanged glances as we looked at her thumb which was purple, floppy and at a funny angle. He grabbed his keys, I grabbed my bag, we were going to hospital. We didn't panic, just resignation that this time it was a 'proper injury'. Then when we had a closer look we decided that it was neither broken nor dislocated, she could move it comfortably and so the hospital visit has been postponed.... until the next injury.

Such is life :D

Children: DS Born 2002 / DD Born 2010

Wednesday, May 2nd 2007, 12:42pm

Aww poor little mite, bless her. I have to say that DS is just the same, he is starting to calm down a lot now but at a similar age to your DD he was also a little whirlwind, always bumping into everything (think Tazmainian Devil!! :rolleyes: ).

Me - PCOS
DH - Poor Motility & Morphology........
ICSI 2001 - DS / 2009 - DD - Our family is now complete :) :)

Missy

Superstar

Wednesday, May 2nd 2007, 1:16pm

I can't see her being one of those girly girls that screams when she breaks a nail or panics at a stain on her skirt somehow!!! :D

xxx

4 baby angels, forever in our hearts

* CLICK *
TO SUPPORT FZ!

Bells

ADMINISTRATOR

• United Kingdom

Wednesday, May 2nd 2007, 1:38pm

No..... 'girly' doesn't really describe her :D I bought her some pink flowery plimsoles from Next on Friday. I put them on her at 3.25pm and by 3.40 she had run through a patch of bright orange mud then fallen down a grass bank in them and they were FILTHY. People wonder why she usually wears wellies :D

That said, she has gone out today with a pink dress and white sandles.... to compliment her bruised head, bruised cheek, grazed nose, burst lip and broken tooth .... let's not discount the bruises and grazes up her shins :D

Reg: Oct 7th 2005

Wednesday, May 2nd 2007, 3:01pm

lol

DS is a total bump-head

having now just started to walk he sort of forgets that he is taller than the underneath of the tables....

and just general toddler bumping into things and running around - he got the hang of this walking lark a bit bloomin quickly..... :rolleyes:

Reg: Sep 27th 2005

Wednesday, May 2nd 2007, 10:02pm

Oh Bells, shame about the plimsolls! :rolleyes: I'd rather have a tomboy who is scabby and muddy than a girl who minces around afraid to put a hair out of place. She'll work out how tall her legs are one day and how to balance when running at full tilt! 8)

DS2 now practises crawling at full speed. He'll set off in top gear screeching away with delight and then yesterday, the noise and the movement came to an abrupt halt as he did a massive face-plant onto the bathroom floor (no carpet, of course)! Teeth met lip which swelled up by the time I picked him up. :rolleyes: I'm wondering if his knees/mouth/teeth/forehead/fingers are destined for the same decoration as DD2's in the years to come! :P
Had a total of three fresh IVF cycles and three frozen transfers (embryos and blastocysts)
m/c @ 11 weeks in 2007 DS1 and DS2 born from fresh IVF cycles :D
:D

Rose

Star

Reg: Oct 12th 2005

Children: now have little boy!

Friday, May 4th 2007, 2:35pm

Lol!
Ds is coverd in bruises - i'm always half expecting the nursery yo call social services.......he currently has 3 brusises on his legs......one on his left cheek where he fell on to one of his toys.....and several on his head as his latest activity is deliberatly banging his head on the floor in a tantrum..........several times VERY hard.
:rolleyes:
x

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE