You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Chilli

Megastar

• "Chilli" started this thread
  • United Kingdom

Reg: Oct 3rd 2005

Friday, May 4th 2007, 10:48pm

Cow or Goat?

M is coming up to being one year old and I am debating whether to give her cows milk or goats milk. She has been having cows milk since she was 6 months old in cereal and cooked in food, she is fine with it, but I have heard that goats milk is better? can anyone let me know why it might be better? I know it is easier to digest is this the only benefit?

Reg: Sep 27th 2005

Saturday, May 5th 2007, 2:01pm

RE: Cow or Goat?

I'm afraid I'm going with the easy (and cheaper) option. Millions of us drink cows milk without problems, so since DS2 is fine with cows milk in cereal and cooking, that's what he's going to get as a drink.

I just started mixing cows milk with formula this morning (one third cows milk to two thirds formula), but won't drop the formula completely till his birthday.
Had a total of three fresh IVF cycles and three frozen transfers (embryos and blastocysts)
m/c @ 11 weeks in 2007 DS1 and DS2 born from fresh IVF cycles :D
:D

Reg: Oct 7th 2005

Saturday, May 5th 2007, 2:49pm

Goat's milk has lower lactose in it than cow's milk which is why it is easier to digest than cow's milk.

However, children as young as 1 year need full fat milk, and goat's milk does not have as much fat as cow's milk.

I could only tolerate goat's milk (as a child in the 70s this was a nightmare for my mother) as I was ill if I had cow's milk. DS is violently allergic to even touching cow's milk - we think it is the protein rather than the lactose that he is allergic to.

So, if your child has shown no reaction to cow's milk, I would stick with that.

DS still has (soy based) formula (but formulated at a higher fat ratio for over 1 year olds) because of his allergy. That's because soy milk doesnt have enough fat in it for children.

Chilli

Megastar

• "Chilli" started this thread
  • United Kingdom

Reg: Oct 3rd 2005

Saturday, May 5th 2007, 3:00pm

Cows it is then! :D

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE