You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

mrsjasper

Megastar

• "mrsjasper" started this thread

Reg: Nov 2nd 2005

Children: 2 gorgeous girls

Tuesday, May 15th 2007, 3:30pm

Missing things

DD is at MILs today while I am at work. She is so very nearly crawling and I am terrified that she will do it at MILs and I will miss it. Then I worry she will walk or speak for the first time when I'm not there, and her first tooth will appear etc... She's my girl and I want to see all the 'firsts'

Not sure what response I'm expecting here, its not like I cna give up work, unless someone wants to pay off my mortgage so I can stay at home! Just after some reassurance that its normal to feel this way.

Torisen

Reg: Jan 1st 2006

Tuesday, May 15th 2007, 3:33pm

WHenever you see it will be the first time for you!!! That is just as good!

I have a diary that I let my mother write in when she looks after Z. It makes her feel so part of the whole thing!
ICSI Jan 2006 - BFP
MC one twin at 6 weeks
DS born in Oct 2006
BF DS 10 months 3 weeks and 5 days
FET 11/07, ICSI 12/07 (ABANDONED), ICSI 2/08, IUI 5/08 - BFN
Clomid IUI 7/08 BFP MC a twin... again :(

mrsjasper

Megastar

• "mrsjasper" started this thread

Reg: Nov 2nd 2005

Children: 2 gorgeous girls

Tuesday, May 15th 2007, 3:57pm

The diary is a great idea H, I'm not sure my MIL would do it though, she's not a 'diary' kind of person, I'll think about it and I might suggest it. In fact thinking about it, I wish I'd kept a diary myself 'cos the first 3-4 months of DDs life are all a bit of a blur.

And of course you are right that the first time I see it will be special too. Thats what I needed, the voice of reason!

Rivka

Reg: Oct 11th 2005

Tuesday, May 15th 2007, 4:06pm

I asked my mum not to mention if anything "first" happened. Shes done such a good job at being delighted when I tell her any news of Plum that I couldn't tell you if shes seen things first or not :D

Missy

Superstar

Reg: Oct 3rd 2005

Tuesday, May 15th 2007, 5:03pm

Of course it is normal MrsJ, I missed Lolly rolling over for the first time, and I wasn't even at work! Just in a seperate room :rolleyes: She didn't do it again for about a month but it was no less special seeing her roll over for the second time for the first time! :))

4 baby angels, forever in our hearts

* CLICK *
TO SUPPORT FZ!

Reg: Nov 14th 2005

Tuesday, May 22nd 2007, 7:24pm

when my mil told me baby T smiled at her when she was tiny .... i just said no, thats wind ...... i thought if my baby is gonna smile at anyone first - its gonna be me - regardless !!!

Reg: Oct 7th 2005

Saturday, May 26th 2007, 12:31pm

we also do the diary thing - the nanny writes down what Peter does during the day and was so excited the first time he took a few steps that she called us both at work!

that evening we practiced walking with DS just the three of us, and let me tell you, it was no less special just because we had missed the initial few steps - we were both so proud and excited :D

(of course I still felt bad that I had missed those steps :rolleyes: but what can you do?)

Reg: Apr 18th 2006

Children: 5 year old daughter

Sunday, June 10th 2007, 5:18pm

Do you know Mrs J, I have exactly the same thoughts as you - the first are such an important thing and if I were to miss any of them OMG!

I was talking to another mother the other day who said her sister ran a nursery, and if a baby took it's first steps or anything like that, they did not tell the parents - the parents would then come back into nursery the next day so excited by the fact that their baby had walked, and they would just say 'Oh well done, that's so amazing' knowing full well but letting the parents experience the 'first'. I thought that was kind of nice of them!
Lisa

:xxx3:

me 39 dh 42
IVF 06
DD arrived Feb 2007 at 37 weeks and 6 days
FET 1 - Nov 12 BFN ;(

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE