You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

• "tinkerbell" started this thread

Reg: Feb 13th 2006

Monday, July 2nd 2007, 1:37pm

Quoted

Originally posted by Torisen
there is protein in lots and lots of food. Not only meat.
Cheese (dairy in general), eggs, pulses, legumes etc. so I am not to worried when he doesn't eat all of the meat. It is more fun than nutriscional :) (how on earth do you spell that!!!!?)

nutritional

plenty of protein elsewhere I agree but its not all suitable finger food.......have you tried finger feeding egg yet....very very funny....dog loves it cos she gets pretty much ALL of it..pulses are also a bit tricky finger wise!!! CHeese well Im fighting to not permanantly feed him on it..if he could have his way....other dairy is also a little difficult to finger feed!!!

Want him to have meat and the best way at the mo is for me to feed him...dont want to limit his intake now in an attempt to ensure he doesnt become a fussy eater...everything he can eat himself he is given the rest (more slushy or liquid stuff or meat/fish in sauces) I give him...just seem logical to me........def best of both worlds

Wella hon....agree totally on the veg outside thing......so long as he doesnt have loadsa veg cooked in salt I think like anything else its just being sensible....I just prefer to take my own because Im generally not in establishments offering lovingly prepared food....during the day...if I was then I wouldnt bother......

WIll try him on lumps of meat...........

This post has been edited 2 times, last edit by "tinkerbell" (Jul 2nd 2007, 1:57pm)

Torisen

Reg: Jan 1st 2006

Monday, July 2nd 2007, 2:34pm

I made bean salad and humus today. A bit chunkier humus for the little one that I rolled to balls so his lunch was:

Humus balls,
borlotti beans (about 6-8 of them)
3 green beans (1 ate the remnants of two of them)
2 slices of Avocado and 1/4 apple (cooked in micro)
some rye bread

Eggs are fine, scrambled and omelett, he doesn't drop much of it. Slippery mango is worse!
I don't give him all in one go. If he has more than 2 pieces infront of him he would NEVER eat. He would just sitt and think about which one to pick up!!!

Lulu, just give them loads of time to get used to it. Don't stress them, just let them do their thing.
It helps lots if you have your meal at the same time so that they can see what to do!
ICSI Jan 2006 - BFP
MC one twin at 6 weeks
DS born in Oct 2006
BF DS 10 months 3 weeks and 5 days
FET 11/07, ICSI 12/07 (ABANDONED), ICSI 2/08, IUI 5/08 - BFN
Clomid IUI 7/08 BFP MC a twin... again :(

Torisen

Thursday, July 5th 2007, 6:26pm

Z tackling a banana!
Torisen has attached the following file:
  • P1050819.jpg (293.85 kB - 206 times downloaded - latest: Apr 20th 2011, 7:46pm)
ICSI Jan 2006 - BFP
MC one twin at 6 weeks
DS born in Oct 2006

KIRSTY G

Reg: Sep 27th 2006

Children: 7 year old little man, and B/G twins

Thursday, March 27th 2008, 9:45am

A breakthrough

'lil Bizzle has always been a mare to feed ... We've had trouble with milk in the past, which thankfully is behind us now.

Started her on some baby rice just before 6 months, which was a bit silly as she clearly wasn't bothered ... I think we were swept along when weaning J (who DEFINATELY needed it :P ). She was never really bothered about the rice, or the veg puree's that followed, maybe only taking 4 or 5 spoonfulls at a sitting (twice a day), and recently it's gotten to the point where she refuses completely ...

Have tried this method for the last couple of days, and she's like a new baby happydance

Yesterday was carrot, mange tout, broccoli and chicken ... all cut into finger sized peices and she devoured the lot.

There's no pressure now, no chasing her round the room with a spoon full of mush, she just sits and feeds herself. Yes, a lot of it is playing with it and throwing it on the floor, but a lot of it does go in ... and she's soooo much happier biggrin2

J is joining in too ... But has a big appetite and gets very frustrated when he doesn't get fed fast enough, so he has food on his tray like B, but is spoonfed in between .. When he gets used to it and is more capeable, we'll stop the puree's there too ....

Cheesy, but feel like shouting it from the rooftops ... She's finally eating ... phew

:P

Torisen

Thursday, March 27th 2008, 9:49am

The magical wonders of letting your child do what they want :P

I am really pleased for your sake Kirsty!!!
ICSI Jan 2006 - BFP
MC one twin at 6 weeks
DS born in Oct 2006

csam

Star

United Kingdom

Thursday, March 27th 2008, 10:21am

Brilliant Kirtsy and of course little B !! It's really good news to hear.

M's doing ok, better than I thought and it's still early days in terms of her age, but I do need to be 'upping' her quantity. Not quite brave enough to try finger foods yet (scared of her choking), but may try in a few weeks, and I'll come back to this thread !!

xxxx

Torisen

Thursday, March 27th 2008, 10:31am

csam, the only time Z has choked was when he was on mush! They are smarter than you think!
As long as you keep the bits fist sized they will chew and suck off little bits.
Stay away from apples and carrots (raw) since these can come off in big pieces. Bananas are great!
ICSI Jan 2006 - BFP
MC one twin at 6 weeks
DS born in Oct 2006

KIRSTY G

Thursday, March 27th 2008, 10:44am

C, As Torisen says ... They tend to 'suck' more than 'chew'

I worried about the gagging thing too ... This website covers it quite well

http://babyledweaning.blogware.com/

(there's a forum there too ... Not that I siggest you should ever post somewhere else :O but it helps to read some other people's experiences)

csam

Star

United Kingdom

Thursday, March 27th 2008, 10:55am

Thanks

I will def try it, it because as you know I've bored you all senseless with it M won't take a bottle, and I think she will get on well if she's in control IYKWIM, I think she'd like to just explore the food and put it in her mouth when she's ready.

She'll put the bottle teat in her mouth now(won't suck) where as when we were trying to put it in, she wouldn't have it, so i think with food it'll help her as she'll be doing it herself.

xxxx

KIRSTY G

Thursday, March 27th 2008, 11:03am

Make sure you're as relaxed as possibel about it ... Milk is fine to support a baby till they're a year old, so don't panic if she plays, as opposed to eats ;)
It'll make meal times more fun, and less stressful, and may encourage her to be a 'big girl' and take a bottle 8)

It's a good idea to eat at the same time as she does, so she can copy you ... We sit J and B facing each other ... So funny watching the food fly :laugh:

Reg: Jul 30th 2006

Thursday, March 27th 2008, 12:50pm

That's excellent Kirsty! Well done B. Think I might well give it a go, we had some success with spoon feeding Em boots creamy porridge (so much yummier than baby rice) this morning but I do think she would do well with this. I was worried I had to wait till theyre older but it looks like 6 months should be ok?? They already enjoy munching on cucumber sticks!
Me 35, DH 31 [zx075]
Bilateral hydrosalpinges discovered May 06
Bilateral salpingectomy June 06
1st IVF August 06 BFN
2nd IVF January 07 BFP Twins!!

Reg: Jul 21st 2006

Friday, April 18th 2008, 12:24pm

oh heck

i really wanted to read about this but my damned computer wont bring up the web site, could someone briefly tell me about the led weaning

I realise E-M is nearly 11 months,so is well away with weaning.
I tend not to purree her food any more, but mash it with a potatoe masher
I am still scared to give her foods such as peas and beans incase she chokes on them,
she does eat slices of soft fruits, ie bananas, pear, but i am still reluctant to give her raw apple or carrot

she feeds from a spoon lovely, not half as messy as i thought she would be,

at this age should she be eating most things we eat???????? (obviously not nuts, salt, sugar or shell fish)
ME 32, pcos, DH 47,
DH had Tese tx Jan 06
IVF/ ICSI July 06 ,
30 eggs collected, 2 transfered,
Had OHSS and OMG, :BFP:

cookie

Superstar

• "cookie" is no longer a member of FZ

Friday, April 18th 2008, 1:05pm

i have never sat and read this properly, but it sounds fantastic!

mmmmmm i will be trying H on finger foods in 2ish weeks then! :D

*note to self....must buy high chair!

I'm running down the road like loose electricity, while the band in my head plays a strip tease!

Reg: Aug 3rd 2006

Tuesday, May 13th 2008, 7:20pm

Question Ins and outs of Baby led weaning ?

Hello Lovleys

Darling Charlie is now 4mths old and weighs 18lbs and has seemed really happy with life sleeping thru not crying just a generally happy soul :happy: :happy: he has been sucking his hand now for weeks dribbling with it but it has been no problem but... the last few days has been very grumpy chewing his hand and sucking it quite violently when i put my little pinky in his mouth he bites down on it and gnaws it - i cant feel any teethies coming thru basically i am a bit confused is he starting teething or is he starting to get hungry he sucks a 7 or 8 oz bottle every three hours from 7 - 7 then he sleeps thru but he has started waking earlier but not doing anything but playing in his cotbed . I am very interested in the baby led weaning thing not that i really understand it ,my grasp of it is milk till 6 mths then proper finger food :8o: if this is correct what do i do now as if its not his teeth bothering him he is hungry but then if he is hungry wouldnt he just take more bottles how can i tell :headache :headache
I know he looks ok on this pic but it was taken over two weeks ago .

Sharonxx
Finally
Beautiful Son Charlie William Born 15/01/08 weighing 9lbs 3oz :innocent:

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "swellhillcottage" (May 13th 2008, 7:31pm)

KIRSTY G

Tuesday, May 13th 2008, 8:04pm

RE: Question Ins and outs of Baby led weaning ?

Hiya Sharon

Long time no see ;)

I am a firm believer in waiting till 6 months before weaning, but some babies are just 'ready' before then. J is a big boy, and was ready well before 6 months, but by trying a few different things we managed to push through to just after 5 months. B would quite happily stay on milk forever :rolleyes:

It could just be that Charlie is teething, even if you can't feel any teeth, they can still cause babies some discomfort, and maybe this is the reason he's chewing everything in sight ... It certainly sounds like teething. If he seems genuinely hungry, could you try givivng him 9oz bottles, or more frequently? If it's a growth spurt he'll even out soon enough.

Last of all ... Maybe he is ready for weaning.
The reason they advise waiting till babies are 6m + is tha their guts may not be mature enough to handle a variety of foods. So, if he does need more than milk, I would start with plain baby rice before moving onto other foods.

For when he is ready ... have a read through these ...

Baby Led Weaning - an Interesting Approach

Little H's baby-led weaning diary!

Lots of luck hun

(he's gorgeous by the way ;) )

Tuesday, May 13th 2008, 8:10pm

Quoted

Originally posted by KIRSTY G
Hiya Sharon

Long time no see ;)

I am a firm believer in waiting till 6 months before weaning, but some babies are just 'ready' before then. J is a big boy, and was ready well before 6 months, but by trying a few different things we managed to push through to just after 5 months. B would quite happily stay on milk forever :rolleyes:

It could just be that Charlie is teething, even if you can't feel any teeth, they can still cause babies some discomfort, and maybe this is the reason he's chewing everything in sight ... It certainly sounds like teething. If he seems genuinely hungry, could you try givivng him 9oz bottles, or more frequently? If it's a growth spurt he'll even out soon enough.

Last of all ... Maybe he is ready for weaning.
The reason they advise waiting till babies are 6m + is tha their guts may not be mature enough to handle a variety of foods. So, if he does need more than milk, I would start with plain baby rice before moving onto other foods.

For when he is ready ... have a read through these ...

Baby Led Weaning - an Interesting Approach

Little H's baby-led weaning diary!

Lots of luck hun

(he's gorgeous by the way ;) )

Hey Kirsty thanks for your reply !! I have tried more milk he doesnt seem to want it could he not want milk but want sausages instead :snigger: :snigger: .

I am following those threads they are very imformative :D

i do still follow the website but dont really get chance to post much and yes he is a tad scrummy isnt he :happy: :happy:

Sharon xx
Finally

KIRSTY G

Tuesday, May 13th 2008, 8:17pm

:yes:

Just a touch :P

J and B are only fed finger foods, makes a right mess, but they seem to love it.

What made you think of 'baby led weaning'?

Tuesday, May 13th 2008, 8:23pm

Quoted

:yes:

Just a touch :P

J and B are only fed finger foods, makes a right mess, but they seem to love it.

What made you think of 'baby led weaning'?

I read about it on This website and i always like to be different !! defo want to leave his solids for as long as poss though cant be bothered with the pureeing thats for sure .
Did you go straight from milk to finger foods at 6 mths - what i am getting at is if he is hungry now and i have to wait another couple of mths till he can eat sausages :snigger: could i try other things bar baby rice soon?
Sharon xx
Finally

KIRSTY G

Tuesday, May 13th 2008, 8:34pm

Well, it's really up to you ... The guideline used to be 4 months (it was 3 months at one point :rolleyes: ). So, it was quite common for parents to introduce fruit, veg, meat, cheese etc (puree'd) at 4 months.

If I were to start at 4 - 5 months, as I felt my baby 'needed' it, and I had tried absolutely everything else ... Then I would start with toast, sandwiches, vegetables and fruit. Introducing one food at a time (to keep an eye out for allergies), and take it really, really slowly.
You can pretty much guarantee he'll start taking less milk, so be prepared :P
... and offer water, to keep him hydrated

Tuesday, May 13th 2008, 8:41pm

Quoted

Well, it's really up to you ... The guideline used to be 4 months (it was 3 months at one point :rolleyes: ). So, it was quite common for parents to introduce fruit, veg, meat, cheese etc (puree'd) at 4 months.

If I were to start at 4 - 5 months, as I felt my baby 'needed' it, and I had tried absolutely everything else ... Then I would start with toast, sandwiches, vegetables and fruit. Introducing one food at a time (to keep an eye out for allergies), and take it really, really slowly.
You can pretty much guarantee he'll start taking less milk, so be prepared :P
... and offer water, to keep him hydrated

Is that pureed toast etc you mean or solid?

Sharonxx
Finally

KIRSTY G

Tuesday, May 13th 2008, 8:46pm

Solid ... The scratchy surface is quite nice when they're teething

Tuesday, May 13th 2008, 8:51pm

Thanks for your help Kirsty :happy: :happy: i will try other things first

Sharon xx
Finally

KIRSTY G

Tuesday, May 13th 2008, 8:54pm

No worries chicken

xxx

Reg: Jul 21st 2006

Tuesday, May 13th 2008, 9:11pm

Hi sharon

wow ,what a Handsome little boy C is, he is gorgeous

He might be teething hun, sometimes the teeth move inside the gums for a while before popping through, and this can be painfull for babies,
also the saliver glands kick in around about C's age, hence all the dribble,lol (wow, diddnt realise i new so much, must have got the info from fz,lol) :snigger:

as for weaning hun, he does seem a good weight but i would try and last a little longer before putting him on solids, but if he is really hungry then i would advise giving him baby rice for a while and then introduce pureed fruit and veg, ie, apple, pear, carrot, sweed, sweet potatoe etc, keep it simple

I used to cook up some fruit or veg, give it a whizzz with the puree, place the mixture into ice cube trys, freeze it, then pop out the frozen mixture into freezer bags
then in the morning take out 1 or 2 cubes to defrost, soo simple

it is also a good idea to mix a little puree into baby rice, when he is ready

take care

sharon and Evie-Mae x x x
ME 32, pcos, DH 47,
DH had Tese tx Jan 06
IVF/ ICSI July 06 ,
30 eggs collected, 2 transfered,
Had OHSS and OMG, :BFP:

Torisen

Tuesday, May 13th 2008, 10:28pm

From the research I did on baby lead weaning babies are not ready for food before they know how to swallow. If they push the food out with their tounge (a reflex) then they are not ready.
With big pieces of bread (or finncrisp wwhich is a ryvita like bread but without seeds and is amazing when they are teething) they will gum it and small pieces will break off and dissolve in their mouths.

I would skip the rice, it is yucky and give him a banana to hold and suck.
You can put a whole pealed carrot in the fridge and give it to him, lovely and cold for the gums when teathing.

Food at early weaning stage (no matter if it is4 or 6 months is really not a proper meal from the beginning. It is more like play.
Babies will always have growth spurts now and then and increase their food for a few days to a week. Listen to your instincts and read up on things. Then you can make an informed decision.

I started DS on mush before I heard about baby lead weaning.
We started a week or so after 6 months but stopped when he choked on the mush (It was horrible). Then at 7 months we went straight onto baby lead weaning and life was so much happier!

You are his mother, you got instincts. Believe in yourself and do what feels right! :)
He looks great!

XX
ICSI Jan 2006 - BFP
MC one twin at 6 weeks
DS born in Oct 2006

Thursday, May 15th 2008, 4:28pm

Thanks Torisen
What fab ideas love the carrot and we tried the banana but its to slippy to hold i wrapped it eventually in paper towel but he ate that as well :snigger: :snigger: - any ideas greatly appreciated

Sharon xx
Finally

Reg: Oct 17th 2006

Tuesday, May 20th 2008, 8:41pm

Hey Sharon

Is C actually eating the banana? Mine are still on milk and I'm trying to keep them that way though I'm a little sick of telling relatives that they've not yet started any solids.
He looks gorgeous.
xxx
Anu

Me 32, DH 33
TTC since 2001
Left ovary removed and Lap 2 years later showed adhesions.
1st IVF NOV 06 - BFN.
2nd IVF APR 07 - :BFP:
TWINS!!!

Tuesday, May 20th 2008, 9:03pm

Hey Anu - Yes he is eating the nana only a tiny bit tho and he loves it he had a crispbread today also - he liked that aswell :happy: :happy: he is still on milk really but just trying a few little nibbles of things out of interest more than anything .
Had his jabs today tho so isnt very happy X( X(

Sharonxx
Finally

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "swellhillcottage" (May 20th 2008, 9:05pm)

Chilli

Megastar

United Kingdom

Reg: Oct 3rd 2005

Tuesday, July 29th 2008, 8:03am

Started weaning Flo this week, she was showing all the signs, waking up 4 times during the night and nearly throwing herself at M the ohter day when she had some cheese.

So I have started with the usual mush but I am going to attempt this idea :D

Wednesday, September 3rd 2008, 10:34pm

Baby Led Weaning - Mealtimes last how long??!!

Hi

I've been trying to follow BLW, more or less, since I started them on solids. They eat really well and almost anything but seem to take quite long doing it.
How long do 8 month old babies eat for. Mine take at least an hour every meal.

xxx
Anu

Me 32, DH 33
TTC since 2001
1st IVF NOV 06 - BFN.
TWINS!!!

KIRSTY G

Thursday, September 4th 2008, 9:16am

RE: BLW - Meals last .. how long??!!

That sounds about right to me .... and while they're eating, you get to eat too ...

... a hot meal in peace ... Is there anything better? :yumyum:

Thursday, September 4th 2008, 9:22am

I'm not fussed really. But have to admit, there are times when I want to say "Eat it, you've mashed it, whacked it , banged it long enough". :O

xxx
Anu

Me 32, DH 33
TTC since 2001
1st IVF NOV 06 - BFN.
TWINS!!!

Reg: Jul 30th 2006

Thursday, September 4th 2008, 9:23am

yep, I generally allow around an hour for each meal too.

xx
Me 35, DH 31 [zx075]
Bilateral hydrosalpinges discovered May 06
Bilateral salpingectomy June 06
1st IVF August 06 BFN
2nd IVF January 07 BFP Twins!!

Torisen

Thursday, September 4th 2008, 9:31am

I think we do about 40 minutes at the moment.
The first 10 we eat our first helping and DS just watches us, then he starts on his own food and we have a nice sit down together :)

Remember that eating is just as much exploring as eating. It is fun to mash, smash, bang and squish food :)
ICSI Jan 2006 - BFP
MC one twin at 6 weeks
DS born in Oct 2006

Saturday, September 6th 2008, 10:00am

I know, I keep telling myself that while I'm cleaning :D

I really don't mind because they eat absolutely everything. Have never refused any food and they get all sorts,#]@@@@@
That's dd swearing i think. They're both fascinated with the laptop.

xxx
Anu

Me 32, DH 33
TTC since 2001
1st IVF NOV 06 - BFN.
TWINS!!!

Sunday, September 14th 2008, 10:10pm

Quoted

Originally posted by anuram1
I'm not fussed really. But have to admit, there are times when I want to say "Eat it, you've mashed it, whacked it , banged it long enough". :O

xxx

:snigger: :snigger: :snigger: :snigger: sounds about right!!

Sharonxx
Finally

Reg: Oct 10th 2005

Sunday, September 14th 2008, 10:16pm

Bout right Anu, I'm with Kirsty, nice to have a sit down for that long. :innocent:

Me 39, DH 39 ICSI Nov '06 BFP

FET Dec '10 - ET Dec 16th - Test Day 31/12/10

Chilli

Megastar

United Kingdom

Reg: Oct 3rd 2005

Sunday, September 14th 2008, 10:46pm

I got to eat a hot meal today :D DD2 had loads and was so happy covered in food half sucked, half chewed - she loved the cabbage :happy:

KIRSTY G

Monday, September 15th 2008, 12:28pm

Cor, my 2 HATE cabbage ... J inhaled some the other day, he was hissy fitting so much ... I had to pull it out of his nose *shudder*

Monday, September 15th 2008, 4:32pm

lmao Kirsty.

The trick to making sure my LOs eat something is to put some cheese on it. I made broccoli and cheese muffins today.

xxx
Anu

Me 32, DH 33
TTC since 2001
1st IVF NOV 06 - BFN.
TWINS!!!

Rivka

Reg: Oct 11th 2005

Monday, September 15th 2008, 9:04pm

Good idea!

I'm going the baby led route and meal times take an absolute age for us too. I've been making some potato and onion pikelets, the good thing about them is that the whole family can eat them and they're great for breakfast, dinner and tea. I love Puds little face when she is really enjoying something :happy:

bubble

Megastar

United Kingdom

Wednesday, August 12th 2009, 12:20pm

Reactivitating this thread with some questions..... :D

Baby bubble turned 6 months this week and we've started the BLW/finger foods with her. This is her first 'food' experience - she's only had breastmilk to date (and I'm continuing to breastfeed).

The HV today said that despite us only starting a couple of days ago she should be on 3 meals a day and I should be making sure she 'gets enough'. When I asked how much 'enough' was, I didn't get an answer. I had in my in mind that milk will continue to be her main source of nutrition for at least the next 6 months ?(

Obviously with BLW then you can't/don't control the amount in the same way as you would if you fed them a jar or a couple of ice-cube size portions. And, at the moment, because it's all new to her then a lot is ending up on the floor and possible not a lot actually gets eaten (although there was brocolli in her nappy so something must have gone in!).

So, if you've followed/are following this approach, did you start straight away on 3 meals a day? Does it really matter if we miss one? How did you know that they were getting 'enough' to it? How long did it take for them to start eating noticable amounts and start reducing their milk feeds?

ttc since July 06. 8 cycles of clomid. BFP on cycle 5 (Dec 07) ended in m/c at 9.5 weeks. Second BFP on cycle 8 (May 08)

Bells

ADMINISTRATOR

United Kingdom

Wednesday, August 12th 2009, 12:31pm

I didn't do BLW, it wasn't invented back then :D

However, by six months the guideline was three meals per day so it sounds like your HV is still giving out the same info... which obviously isn't really spot on with BLW.

I think a common sense approach is needed here. By six months your baby needs more iron than your breastmilk alone can provide so it's good to get some other foods into her.

I know my information may be out of date here so apologies if you read something different. My philosophy was that babies need about a pint of milk per day so that's breastfeeds, cereal with milk, yoghurts, cheese, rice pudding, macaroni cheese, cauli cheese etc... so although milk 'is' the main source of nutrition it's also important to get them used to chewing, biting, swallowing etc.

I don't like to go by books so again, apologies if it contradicts your BLW book but logically I would give her a taste of different foods just the same as you would do with a traditionally weaned baby although you can go a bit faster because she's older. That is starting with one meal per day a week later introducing a second meal and a week later a final meal. By 'meal' it can be a few mouthfuls at a time and gradually increase it so that in a couple of months she can join you at each meal and eat reasonably well.

Like all things babyish, it's all hit and miss and there will be days she does and days she doesn't want food. Just go with the flow.

GemH

Star

Reg: Nov 27th 2006

Location: Romford - Me 30. MC @ 14 wks Aug 03. 7 courses of Clomid all bfn, waiting for af to start iui when shock natural bfp. M/C 29/06/2010.Separated from ex-DH in 07/10. In a new(ish) relationship with an old friend and ttc no 2 :)

Children: George 21/11/2008 - my surprise natural bfp. Oliver 09/05/2013 - my little happy chappy

Wednesday, August 12th 2009, 4:05pm

Hey

Like Bells said G broke into it slower and sometimes I dont know if hes as much to eat as my hv suggested but I figured that if he was hungry he'd let me know. I started giving him breakfast then added lunch then dinner, he still has follow on milk too. He loves a chomp on a bit of toast (nice and musy between his fingers too!!)

x

bubble

Megastar

United Kingdom

Wednesday, August 12th 2009, 6:43pm

Thanks both. I felt pretty confident trusting my instincts with this and following baby bubble's lead but the HV threw me a bit this morning with her comments. Although they talked about BLW in the weaning talk they gave us I think they are far more geared up to giving advice and commenting on a 'traditionally' weaned baby where you can tell them exactly what she's eating :rolleyes:

She's had two 'meals' today - toast for breakfast and then roasted butternut and avacado pieces this evening. She completely rejected lunch - apart from the bit of jacket potato she swiped from my plate and proceeded to munch on - as well as smear it all over both of us!!

ttc since July 06. 8 cycles of clomid. BFP on cycle 5 (Dec 07) ended in m/c at 9.5 weeks. Second BFP on cycle 8 (May 08)

Bells

ADMINISTRATOR

United Kingdom

Wednesday, August 12th 2009, 6:59pm

Sounds like she's doing just fine!!

Reg: May 28th 2008

Children: one stepson ..& one miraculous wee boy!!!!!!!

Wednesday, August 12th 2009, 10:55pm

Hi, I'm nowhere near this stage yet !! ...but I've literally just finished reading the book - (makes completely logical sense to me!) and re the 3 meals a day business ...it's "food is just for fun until they're one". It's milk that gives all the nourishment, not solids.

The book does say about giving supplements though ie. the iron thing mentioned above.

I cant wait to get this baby out and try BLW!!! :happy:

Vx

10 Losses:
Aug07@11wks
Oct07 Dec07 Mar08 & Apr08 - biochemical pregs
June08 @7wks (baby aspirin)
July08 & Aug08 - biochemical pregs
Oct08 @6wks (cyclogest)
Feb09 @6wks (cyclogest & baby aspirin)

...trying Traditional Chinese Medicine & accupuncture just now!

My Diary

Indiechick

Superstar

Reg: Oct 25th 2007

Saturday, August 15th 2009, 9:41pm

Hey Ladies

I'm a few months off just yet as my munchkins are just 4 months but BLW is the way to go for me! Does anyone know of any good books I could read on it?

x

3rd IUI - 08/08/08 - tested 22/08/08 BFP :D
Scan 09/09/08 - 2 [zx076] [zx076] TWINS!
2 beautiful boys born 16/04/09

bubble

Megastar

United Kingdom

Saturday, August 15th 2009, 9:55pm

Hi Vanessa, hi Indie :D

Indie - the main book is called Baby Led Weaning and it's by Gill Rapley and Tracey Murkett. As Vanessa says it all makes logical sense! It's a good read, even my DH read it!

We've been doing it for a week and it's great fun - if very messy :snigger: She's fed herself toast, mango, banana, avacado, chicken, ham, potato, butternut squash, fromage frais (by far the messiest!), bread rolls, trout, cucumber, broccoli, carrots, cheese on toast and much more!

I've not come across many people who do it - in fact everyone I know in 'real life' has gone down the puree route which has meant it is sometimes hard to explain what we're doing. But just watching her today, sitting with us in a restaurant eating 'proper' food makes it all seem so worthwhile!

Indiechick

Superstar

Reg: Oct 25th 2007

Saturday, August 15th 2009, 10:01pm

Hey Bubble

Sounds great and what a little star baby Bubble is! A friend of mine did it with her little one and it was a great success and I can't wait to get started with my two.

Tripp Trapps are ready and waiting!

Is 6 months the suggested time?

3rd IUI - 08/08/08 - tested 22/08/08 BFP :D
Scan 09/09/08 - 2 [zx076] [zx076] TWINS!
2 beautiful boys born 16/04/09

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE