You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

• "anuram1" started this thread

Reg: Oct 17th 2006

Sunday, May 25th 2008, 11:07am

Fussing about Milk - Time to wean?

Hi all
The twins are 5 months tomorrow. I've decided that I'm going to start weaning them only at 6 months. But for the last week, they've both been very fussy about ddrinking their milk. They drink about 7 Oz per feed for four feeds. It's less than what the Aptamil box says but their weight gain is fine. They're 14lb 4 and 14lb 6 oz.
Are they fussing because they want to be weaned or are they just playing up.? If it's just part of growing up, I'd rather leave the solids for another month. I know most people wean when their babies get more hungry. What about when they want less than usual?

xxx
PS I just can't seem to write a senible short post! :O
Anu

Me 32, DH 33
TTC since 2001
Left ovary removed and Lap 2 years later showed adhesions.
1st IVF NOV 06 - BFN.
2nd IVF APR 07 - :BFP:
TWINS!!!

Reg: Oct 7th 2005

Sunday, May 25th 2008, 11:54am

how's their sleeping at night time?

it might just be that they are discovering the world and getting distracted

if they're not waking during the night for food then they arent hungry

Reg: Aug 3rd 2006

Sunday, May 25th 2008, 1:19pm

Good one Anu i am at that stage with Charlie but he does take more milk than yours he takes about 32oz (which is a lot less than on the tin as he is nearly 18lb) thru the day but he doesnt wake at nite but i must admit he does get distracted off his bottle quite easily :shush:

Anu they havent got a cold have they because that would slow them down ?(

Sharonxx
PS that was a sensible short post :happy:
Finally
Beautiful Son Charlie William Born 15/01/08 weighing 9lbs 3oz :innocent:

• "1xbaby pls" is no longer a member of FZ

Reg: Apr 4th 2006

Sunday, May 25th 2008, 1:32pm

Hi Anu,
You babies have been growing well :smile: Have you read the baby led weaning posts?? It has some great tips on lookng for weaning signs and 1st foods to try.

Baby Led Weaning - an Interesting Approach

Favorite recipes 1st stage weaning

When do you wean?

x x
1st go ICSI - @ royal shewsbury and Telford NHS funded
25 eggs collected 27/3/06
15 fertilized - 8 grade A - 2 transfered 30th/3
test date - Thursday 13th April, BFP :D :D :D
:baby: ITS TWINS :baby:
M.L & J.F - Born 9/11/06 6w prem (6lb 5oz & 4lb 10oz)

• "anuram1" started this thread

Reg: Oct 17th 2006

Sunday, May 25th 2008, 2:56pm

HI Sunshine, They do sleep right through and sometimes I have to wake them up in the morning. So I guess, they're just discovering they can make me cross:)

Sharon, Both mine take around 28 oz, sometimes a little less. No colds. Easily disracted is an understatement. I foresee many many arguments in the future with my daughter. I wonder who she gets the stubborn streak from?? :innocent:

Thanks1 x, I've been thinking of trying the babyled weaning. Just to save me the trouble of pureeing to be honest. But you read my post on the new parent chat!!!
xxx
Anu

Me 32, DH 33
TTC since 2001
Left ovary removed and Lap 2 years later showed adhesions.
1st IVF NOV 06 - BFN.
2nd IVF APR 07 - :BFP:
TWINS!!!

KIRSTY G

Reg: Sep 27th 2006

Children: 7 year old little man, and B/G twins

Monday, May 26th 2008, 12:53am

:wave:

Hi mate, lovely to see you (and your gorgeous 2 ;) )

I think you already know what's going on ... your babies are 5 months (how, exactly?? :what: ) and are starting to become very aware of not only their surroundings, but what they can do to manipulate those surroundings ... Who wants to sit and drink milk when they can be looking around and taking part in whats going on?? I reckon they've realised that they can do certain things and it gets them a reaction, and they're practicing that to see quite how far they can go :snigger: Clever little things, babies :rolleyes:

Going on their weights, age, and the fact they're still sleeping through the night I would say just push through these last few weeks till they're 6 months, then slowly introduce some more exciting foods to get them interested in food again. Remember that weaning not only brings a whole load of mess and (if i'm honest) inconvenience, but lots of other things to worry about ... Not to scare you, but almost certainly, they will drink less milk in favour of 'food', and then you'll have the whole worry of "are they drinking enough/gettig enough milk/pooing/peeing enough" ... Seriously :rolleyes:
If you leave it a little longer you won't have to blend quite so much (if at all ... Great threads up there from 1x ), and your babies won't have to just make do with baby rice :puke: They can have a much wider variety of foods and you'll all enjoy it more :D

(Sorry, get carried away sometimes with the weaning topic :innocent: ... But only because I really believe what i've said to you above ... Whatever you decide hunni, you have my support)

blowkiss

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE